Amar available for loan

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

piggy
Team Supported: Darlington

Amar available for loan

Post by piggy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:42 am

Not really a surprise, my guess he might end up at Harrogate again, he seemed to do well there last season.

Echo also reporting one other member of the squad likely to depart before the next game, although it doesnt specify whether thats going to be permanently or on loan.

PierremontQuaker03

Re: Amar available for loan

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 am

Really is dog eat dog at this level but I suppose players only have short term contracts and have jobs outside of football so that's the way it goes I suppose if you don't cut the mustard.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:59 am

With Falkingham coming in and Gillies signing a new deal it was inevitable that one or two would be moved on. Add to that the fact we're out of the FA Cup and now only playing 1 league game a week, having a squad of more than 17/18 doesn't make sense any longer. I'd expect a midfielder or even two to go out next

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Adam Nowakowski also made available for a loan.

Am I correct in thinking that Cartman doesn't drive and shared a lift with Nowakowski for matches?

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Falkingham is from Leeds. Think Nightingale will be leaving as he has not featured much this season

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:26 pm

windyforce4 wrote:Falkingham is from Leeds. Think Nightingale will be leaving as he has not featured much this season
Nightingale is already out on loan.

Nowakowski isn't a huge surprise although given Burgess is out I'd have thought he was useful cover to have.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Surprised that both Nowakowski & Purewal have both been made available for loan. Leaves us quite short on numbers if they do leave with a long-term injury in Wearmouth and Hunter under-going an operation in December.

Nightingale's loan should now be up at Farsley, so it'll be interesting to see if he returns. But possibly doesn't sound like it according to the Echo.

Scott out for 3 games also, and Brown is a suspension waiting to happen on 4-yellow cards.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Nightingale was present at Saturday's game in his club tracksuit. Shame he was never given an opportunity to impress he looked useful in the preseason friendlies.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Surprised that both Nowakowski & Purewal have both been made available for loan. Leaves us quite short on numbers if they do leave with a long-term injury in Wearmouth and Hunter under-going an operation in December.

Nightingale's loan should now be up at Farsley, so it'll be interesting to see if he returns. But possibly doesn't sound like it according to the Echo.

Scott out for 3 games also, and Brown is a suspension waiting to happen on 4-yellow cards.
We'll still have 18 players at the minimum - with one game a week anyone not in the match day 16 won't potentially play for weeks. You can carry the squad we have got when you're not in the FA Cup any longer and are bringing in lads like Falkingham and Gillies. Makes sense to go quality over quantity at this stage

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Surprised that both Nowakowski & Purewal have both been made available for loan. Leaves us quite short on numbers if they do leave with a long-term injury in Wearmouth and Hunter under-going an operation in December.

Hunter is having his op tomorrow, just tweeted

Christopher Hunter ‏@Chris13Hunter  · 24m24 minutes ago

Operation on my knee tomorrow, can't wait for it to be over and to concentrate on the rest of the season! ⚽️⚽️

Why is Scott out for 3 games? I know he got a straight red, but so did Brown and he only missed 1 game.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 pm

poppyfield wrote:

Hunter is having his op tomorrow, just tweeted

Christopher Hunter ‏@Chris13Hunter  · 24m24 minutes ago

Operation on my knee tomorrow, can't wait for it to be over and to concentrate on the rest of the season! ⚽️⚽️

Why is Scott out for 3 games? I know he got a straight red, but so did Brown and he only missed 1 game.
Dangerous play I suspect. Brown's wasn't
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Brown was off for denying a goal scoring opportunity which is only a 1 game ban. Dangerous/Foul Play is 3 games. Other offences can bring 2 games even 6 games.

Also if Brown got sent off for serious foul play he would now get a 4 game ban as he gets an extra one for the initial sending off along with 3 for the new serious foul play.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Moves to Shildon on loan.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Thought he'd go to a higher level than that!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Looks like Nightingale has returned to Farsley on a permanent deal, real shame, would liked to have seen him given a chance but MG must know better than us.Strange how all of a sudden 3 players look like moving on, just wonder if he has players lined up?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:09 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Looks like Nightingale has returned to Farsley on a permanent deal, real shame, would liked to have seen him given a chance but MG must know better than us.Strange how all of a sudden 3 players look like moving on, just wonder if he has players lined up?

We've just brought one in (Falkingham) and Gillies has signed a new contract - it seems pretty obvious Gillies was never a planned signing and Nightingale came in to fill that role, but once Gillies became available it was too good to turn down.

Falkingham replaces Nowakowski
Gillies replaces Nightingale
Purewal the only one that really frees up a space in the squad as I see it.

DC

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:19 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Looks like Nightingale has returned to Farsley on a permanent deal, real shame, would liked to have seen him given a chance but MG must know better than us.Strange how all of a sudden 3 players look like moving on, just wonder if he has players lined up?

Damn shame if Nightingale has permanently left the club.

- Sudden improvements with the current crop of injuries?

- Extra signings due?

- Budget crisis?

MG may be recruiting high quality players able to sign on as full time.

A Centre Back may be priority #1, if Burgess's fitness isn't 100% certain.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:57 pm

We have Brown and Watson in central defence until Burgess is back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Watson hasn't played centre-half all season, Galbraith has been preferred over him at centre-half where he has struggled at times.

Nowakowski filled in there on Saturday and did well I thought.

We do look light defensively should Nowakowski leave on loan and also with Hunter out.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Tells me Burgess will be available for Brackley

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 pm

By my reckoning the squad now looks:

GK:
Jameson
Woolston
Bell (Although looks like he is a coach rather than a player)

Def:
Marrs
Hunter
Brown
Burgess
Galbraith
Watson

Mid:
Mitchell
Thompson
Portas
Turnbull
Gillies
Falkringham
Scott
Nowakowski (Loan listed)

CF:
Hardy
Beck
Cartman

On loan:
Purwal

Thats a squad of 20 following the departure of Nightingale and Purwal out to Shildon on loan. Could go down to 19 should Nowakowski go out on loan. Adding injuries into the mix, Hunter has to recover from surgery which should be a few weeks. Turnbull is recovering from a soft tissue injury but should be back for Brackley. I expect the same is true for Burgess. Not sure on the extent of Portas injury following the tackle on saturday.

Maybe does look slightly light on numbers but as a club, I think at the moment we should be looking to continue our ethos of a small quality squad, conservative budgeting and making sure that when we get back to BM we are in the best financial position to push forwards and improve the team and the ground with inflated attendances.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:05 pm

looks short on forwards on paper

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:31 pm

I presume Nowakowki and Purewal will be able to come back at short notice if necessary.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:38 pm

darlo reborn wrote:looks short on forwards on paper
Club can't really win here.

On the one hand, fans are saying some forwards aren't getting enough game time (namely Cartman).

Then when they reduce competition for places, other fans say there aren't enough forwards.

Should also be pointed out that Thompson and Gillies could also play further forward if needed.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Out the FA Cup one game a week for the foreseeable, might as well cut unnecessary expense if we can.

We have plenty of options to rotate and nobody that is leaving has had that much game time have they especially Nightingale - those saying it's a shame he's left I don't really see us missing him.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:03 am

Very dissapointed Nightingale has left. Can understand why, but we have a history of this now which may make it harder for us to sign players in the future. Gillies has signed a new contract, but from what i've heard this might be a reaction to a substantial bid we've turned down for him. If we secure a better bid for him, who do we replace him with? We've just discarded one of the Evostick's biggest talents without giving him a game. Same happened with Youell, and to a lesser extent Gaskell and Johnson. Whilst part-time, we operate in a smaller gene pool. Will talented players from lower clubs still see us as a reasonable risk, especially if travelling is involved?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:00 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Very dissapointed Nightingale has left. Can understand why, but we have a history of this now which may make it harder for us to sign players in the future. Gillies has signed a new contract, but from what i've heard this might be a reaction to a substantial bid we've turned down for him. If we secure a better bid for him, who do we replace him with? We've just discarded one of the Evostick's biggest talents without giving him a game. Same happened with Youell, and to a lesser extent Gaskell and Johnson. Whilst part-time, we operate in a smaller gene pool. Will talented players from lower clubs still see us as a reasonable risk, especially if travelling is involved?
If true, then I wonder what size bid was made and from who?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:15 am

It's football, sometimes players don't fit for whatever reason, they move on. Players understand that and I'm sure anyone coming to the club would back themselves to succeed - we don't want anyone with the mentality of "i'm not going to join in case I don't get a game like X" anyway.

I'd much rather someone left who hasn't played than a key player. Nightingale leaving is far better than Gillies leaving and we're not in a position to stockpile talent.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:28 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Very dissapointed Nightingale has left. Can understand why, but we have a history of this now which may make it harder for us to sign players in the future. Gillies has signed a new contract, but from what i've heard this might be a reaction to a substantial bid we've turned down for him. If we secure a better bid for him, who do we replace him with? We've just discarded one of the Evostick's biggest talents without giving him a game. Same happened with Youell, and to a lesser extent Gaskell and Johnson. Whilst part-time, we operate in a smaller gene pool. Will talented players from lower clubs still see us as a reasonable risk, especially if travelling is involved?
Not difficult to work out Pete.

Begins with "G" and rhymes with Schmateshead.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:31 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Not difficult to work out Pete.

Begins with "G" and rhymes with Schmateshead.
I wouldn't have thought they'd be in a position to make a substantial bid and he's turned them down already.