Darlo v Stalybridge match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: Darlo v Stalybridge match thread

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:03 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:I don't understand why people park in Sainsbury's which has signs saying don't park here and we've known for years they will give out tickets if you do, when you can park in the industrial estate or Tesco for free.

I'm also amazed at the number of people driving back to Darlington or Northallerton that don't seem to know that the road is 60mph limit it! It makes me crazy to sit at 25 mph behind these idiots who then stay on their brakes going down hill!! Use your engine to control your speed down hill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never understand why so many people drive UNDER the speed limit, makes no sense. There's a 40 road near my house with signs saying 40 on them all the way along yet I'm regularly stuck behind people going 30. WHY? And the amount of people who drive 50/60 on the motorway makes no sense either.

:problem:
And they get annoyed at people getting up their ass... when what they're doing would see them fail their driving test.

Nigel Batches Beard
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:There were 500 less because it was Stalybridge. It was obvious Stockport would attract a far higher gate. Don't know why it's an issue. Let's celebrate a very good win rather than look for something to worry about. Today was a reminder that we are a real danger when we get the ball down and use our wingers. Beck did ok today, but wasn't involved in our first three goals. He is a useful tool to have, but we perhaps used him too much recently as the first line of attack. We mixed it up more today, and got the rewards.
Beck has had a torrid time physically and mentally being the aerial target for so many ill conceived ugly attacks and unpunished foul play from opponents.

He should be more relaxed & undamaged given a more standard role in a team playing joined up football, where I hope he can develop into a more effective team player.

Like Armstrong, he may be more able the space around him to finish off moves and set up other players.

The team are obviously more comfortable playing their robust probing style that has developed over recent seasons and with the classy new signings they are a real contender for promotion.

With injuries clearing up there will be a more solid and reliable defence again, so that the other players are more freed up to go forward in numbers.

Attendances should rise, after the recent debacle, if there is a run of better performances coupled with the B2D celebrations.

Darlo have a better feel for the opposition now and may no longer give other teams too much respect.

Or it could all go wrong......
Anyone else read this in that Paul Whitehouse "Jimmy Hill" character's voice? Please tell me Neal has managed a Sunday Morning team, I can just hear the team talk in my head.
small boys in the park.....jumpers for goalposts.........isnt it :D

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:01 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote: I never understand why so many people drive UNDER the speed limit, makes no sense. There's a 40 road near my house with signs saying 40 on them all the way along yet I'm regularly stuck behind people going 30. WHY? And the amount of people who drive 50/60 on the motorway makes no sense either.

Going through the A1 roadworks the other day a car came out of a junction straight into the outside lane. I was doing exactly 50 according to my sat nav although the speedo said 53. The car that pulled out was only doing 45mph and was being passed on the inside by other vehicles. Would he heck as like pull over???!!!! Flashed my lights at him and I could see him look but it made no difference. Ignorant c**t!!!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:15 pm

al_quaker wrote: Watching the highlights - deserved red card for Scott. How their player doesn't get a red card for the tackle on Portas though is baffling. Studs up and through the back of him - ridiculous decision.
You hear it all the time, from managers and supporters - the thing that really grates is inconsistency of referees. If Scott's was a red then how could the 'tackle' on Portas not have been a straight red - through the back of him, nowhere near the ball, straight through his ankle. Couldn't have been a more straightforward red card.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:21 pm

really good performance. Everyone played well (barring Scott). It was a silly challenge and there was no need. Over the last 4/5 years we have been proud of our discipline, but two red in two isn't great.

Watson is very comfortable on the ball and is growing with every game. Falkingham looks very tidy indeed. The wingers were the main difference, they never gave their team a minutes peace.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:39 pm

What a great thread! A mix of footballing views and observations of s*** driving.

How to top it....?

How about......I wonder if the Stalybridge keeper is one of those middle lane morons....?

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:14 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:I don't understand why people park in Sainsbury's which has signs saying don't park here and we've known for years they will give out tickets if you do, when you can park in the industrial estate or Tesco for free.

I'm also amazed at the number of people driving back to Darlington or Northallerton that don't seem to know that the road is 60mph limit it! It makes me crazy to sit at 25 mph behind these idiots who then stay on their brakes going down hill!! Use your engine to control your speed down hill!

I never understand why so many people drive UNDER the speed limit, makes no sense. There's a 40 road near my house with signs saying 40 on them all the way along yet I'm regularly stuck behind people going 30. WHY? And the amount of people who drive 50/60 on the motorway makes no sense either.

Possibly because it's an UPPER limit. If they drove over the limit they'd be breaking the law. Too many drivers treat the limit as a minimum target and speeding is dangerous.
liddle_4_ever wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

There's times it's appropriate (e.g. poor visibility) but there was no excuse yesterday and this occurs after most games.
I think it's lack of knowledge, lack of knowledge of how to drive up and down hills and/or a lack of knowledge of the speed limit.

I was in a group a few years ago, about 20 people, all with full driving licences. We were each given a remove with A, B, C, & D options, they then put questions on the screen. For what is the speed limit in town 80% got it correct, for speed on the motorway about 60% got it right and speed limit on country roads/national speed limit less than 45% were correct! That makes me wonder why have signs that say national speed limit when there's so many people who don't now what that is? Surely it's more effective and not more expensive to just put a 60 sign?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:20 am

to be fair I drive between 60/65 on the motorway - stick it on cruise control and sorted.

Always thought that was most economical and doesn't really seem to affect the time I get anywhere that materially.

Usual journeys are 30/40 miles on motorway so it takes me 36 minutes rather than 34.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:11 am

I think it's time for you to re-read the highway code, clearly states mileage signage is maximum limit. so someone driving at what they consider save driving is right.stop being impatient wait until an opportunity arises to safely overtake job done.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:12 am

onewayup wrote:I think it's time for you to re-read the highway code, clearly states mileage signage is maximum limit. so someone driving at what they consider save driving is right.stop being impatient wait until an opportunity arises to safely overtake job done.
And the connection to " Darlo v Stalybridge match thread " is ?
Off topic room for all you petrolheads.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:00 am

onewayup wrote:I think it's time for you to re-read the highway code, clearly states mileage signage is maximum limit. so someone driving at what they consider save driving is right.stop being impatient wait until an opportunity arises to safely overtake job done.
was always told when learning if you drop 10MPH below the max on a road and it isn't due to traffic then you fail.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:51 am

In an attempt to get this thread back to the game, has anyone read the Stalybridge report on the game.
http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/rep.php?id=14005
Some very interesting inaccuracies by whoever did the report. Also someone on their forum agrees that their player should have been sent off for the tsckle on Portas

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:02 pm

My opinion wrote:In an attempt to get this thread back to the game, has anyone read the Stalybridge report on the game.
http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/rep.php?id=14005
Some very interesting inaccuracies by whoever did the report. Also someone on their forum agrees that their player should have been sent off for the tsckle on Portas
Yes I read this. I don't remember reading anything about their challenge on Portas, they got the subs mixed up. They claimed that the game was even, and failed to report on plenty of the chances we had. But named some chances like, Smith and Brown went close...did they? Are you sure it wasn't a blocked shot from 50 yards. Seemed like a morale booster for them

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Why would anyone ever want to drive slower than they're legally allowed to drive?

:crazy:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:36 pm

People are allowed to drive slower than the speed limit, but not above it.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:People are allowed to drive slower than the speed limit, but not above it.
You can be charged for driving too slow too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:57 am

I don't think they'll charge you when your doing 60 to 65 on a motorway, especially when trucks shouldn't go over 60.