Premier league b teams ruled out.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

sasha44
Team Supported: Darlington

Premier league b teams ruled out.

Post by sasha44 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:37 pm

jjljks

Re: Premier league b teams ruled out.

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Bit unfair on Bournemouth and Burnley, possibly also West Brom. Does this mean they have to change their names and restart at Step 9 - or have I misunderstood? LOL

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:55 am

Does this mean Wrexham wouldn't get back into L2 if they won the conference? :roll:

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 am

joejaques wrote:Does this mean Wrexham wouldn't get back into L2 if they won the conference? :roll:
:clap: Nope, and it also means the Swans will continue to dine at your top table. :lol:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:45 pm

My interpretation of that is that those plans will not include additional teams... so Wrexham are already part of the English league structure?

I think it's a good idea. 24 teams is way too big a league size anyway. Standardise the leagues to 20 each, more games on Saturdays, keep football over winter, and I think below League 3, the national league should be regional. It'd be a concern were Darlo to go up potentially having trips to Torquay et al. Extremely difficult for non-professional sides to make journeys like that. Especially potentially during the week.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 pm

H1987 wrote:My interpretation of that is that those plans will not include additional teams... so Wrexham are already part of the English league structure?

I think it's a good idea. 24 teams is way too big a league size anyway. Standardise the leagues to 20 each, more games on Saturdays, keep football over winter, and I think below League 3, the national league should be regional. It'd be a concern were Darlo to go up potentially having trips to Torquay et al. Extremely difficult for non-professional sides to make journeys like that. Especially potentially during the week.
The main effect for us would be whether the Conference and Conference North also retain 24 teams each, as this will have a knock-on effect for us.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:23 pm

H1987 wrote:My interpretation of that is that those plans will not include additional teams... so Wrexham are already part of the English league structure?

Several club chairmen have already voiced opposition to reducing the number of teams in each league to 20 as it directly affects their income stream when losing 3 home games