Staunton should resign

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Staunton should resign

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:14 pm

If he has anything about him, he should hold his hands up , apologise to Raj about conning him about his contacts and knowledge of league 2 football, offer his resignation and let someone who can at least bring some spirit back to the team come in and replace him.Cannot wait for his predictable interview with Ray at 6.15 and see who he blames now.
Lidds and Maddo would do for me until we see who else fancies the job.

Darlo_Fanatic

Re: Staunton should resign

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Con? how the fuck did he con him you fool, i hope he doesn't resign he will turn it round give him to january, were already down anyway.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

anus

Post by anus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Darlofanatic you should use your brain before your fingers.
Totally agree with Quakerman.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 pm

My defense for SS is that he hasn't had a transfer window, he's brought in free transfers and loan players or non league. I'm interested in who he brings in throughout January as no doubt he has targets, i just think people on this board are fickle.
DARLO FANATIC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm

It is clear he has lost the dressing room and has poor man management skills. Look at the way Foster has been treated.

It is clear that he does not have an idea of what sort of players are required, and if he indeed has brought in players that are good enough, he isn't getting anything out of them.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:26 pm

How's it SS fault about foster, it not as if he has a choice about playing him is it.
DARLO FANATIC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Darlo_Fanatic wrote:My defense for SS is that he hasn't had a transfer window, he's brought in free transfers and loan players or non league. I'm interested in who he brings in throughout January as no doubt he has targets, i just think people on this board are fickle.
You are totally wrong, league 2 is all about free transfers and loan players, with the exception of Notts County virtually every other team is no different to us.He has brought in virtually a full team who are utter garbage and you want to see what he does in the transfer window, absolutely unbelievable post.This guy is probably the worst manager in our history, I firmly believe this.God, 4-0 now, are you still happy to stick with him?

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Darlo_Fanatic wrote:How's it SS fault about foster, it not as if he has a choice about playing him is it.
Shall I tell you why its his fault. Hes been told not to start him as it will trigger a clause in his contract, where SS shoulders the blame is that he puts him on the bench knowing it wont trigger the clause.

Its poor man management, from a purely moral point of view its wrong, and sends completely the wrong message.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:35 pm

What good would putting a player who is unable to player on the bench, doesn't send out any message what so ever, League is for free transfers? rightly soo but with the transfer window shut we can only pick players who have not played since last season or players who play part time, hardly players that are going to set the league on fire. I don't get how sacking a manager who i agree is utter s*** but i bet the next manager will again split opinion and in 10 games time the cycle of we hate " " will start aprearing.
DARLO FANATIC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Cannot wait for his interview, if the guy does not call it a day he is a disgrace.If he fails to put his notice in, it is surely up to Raj to call him and Richardson in first thing Sunday morning and get them to clear there desks.What damage is Staunton doing to the kids by asking a 17 year old to replace Bower.Terrible manager.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 pm

There was nobody else to put on. Unbelievably, to be fair, considering we have about 30 players.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:51 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:What damage is Staunton doing to the kids by asking a 17 year old to replace Bower.Terrible manager.
Well which other player would you have brought on instead, smartarse?

Les McJannet

Post by Les McJannet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm not suggesting Staunton should be sacked as quite obviously the club couldn't afford to do this but I if he walked I really wouldn't mind giving Liddle and Maddison a proper chance.

Les McJannet

Post by Les McJannet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm not suggesting Staunton should be sacked as quite obviously the club couldn't afford to do this but I if he walked I really wouldn't mind giving Liddle and Maddison a proper chance.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm not saying he should, but if Singh were to get rid of Staunton, the only time to do it would be now. Any new manager would ideally need a few matches before the transfer window opens to assess what needs to be done. Getting rid of him later on would achieve nothing.

The chances are, getting rid of Staunton will achieve very little anyway and it could do more harm than good. If, as people are speculating, he has lost the dressing room then I'm not sure how he's going to take us anywhere.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Id say go to the stadium and complain but as usual there would be nobody there, we are going down without a whimper. :thumbdown:

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Im sorry but Staunton isnt going to turn it around, all he has done is set us even futher back, under Todd it was bad enough but atleast we were not getting hammered every week

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Staunton has taken us backwards. His signings have, in general, been worse that those Todd brought in.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:42 pm

i have to agree robbo matey, how diop even gets on the bench is beyond me, hes one of the worst players ive ever seen in a darlo shirt, but robbo i have known you for over 20 yrs, and would ask you a question that ive never asked you in all that time, where do darlo go from here?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:48 pm

hodgie1 wrote:where do darlo go from here?
In the words of Francis Rossi & Rick Parfitt..........

"Down down deeper and down"

The club is screwed Paul, simple as that. I dont even care now either, its a shame it didnt die after Chester last season, at least we would have ended on a high....sort of.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm

im thinking the same thing, its like keeping a 95 yr old who is brain dead on a life support machine - weve lost 1000 fans, who wont come back - the future is bleak, thats for sure

dfc-hardy

Post by dfc-hardy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:42 pm

anus wrote:Darlofanatic you should use your brain before your fingers.
Totally agree with Quakerman.
So do i :thumbup: if staunton shrugged his shoulders and walked off in the interview hes wrong and would resign

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Shieldsy wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:What damage is Staunton doing to the kids by asking a 17 year old to replace Bower.Terrible manager.
OK pea brain, he probably has nobody else to put in, but he has got to stop playing young kids like Barnes, Riley, Groves etc in a team fighting for there lives, could easily destroy confidence and ruin promising careers.That is my point you clown.

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Staunton surely can't take much more of this - he will be embarrassed to be associated with these results. Hopefully in the run up to Christmas he will be thinking about the year ahead and wondering whether he can be bothered with it all. Hopefully he'll decide to call it a day.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Its amazing to think that, given that we were utter shite when he took over, Staunton has somehow managed to make us miles worse.

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Shieldsy wrote:
OK pea brain, he probably has nobody else to put in, but he has got to stop playing young kids like Barnes, Riley, Groves etc in a team fighting for there lives, could easily destroy confidence and ruin promising careers.That is my point you clown.
Haha you're pathetic. But you still didn't answer. Who should have come on? Ashlee Jones maybe? Would that suit you?

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:37 am

Given that Foster is unavailable, Bower was coming back from a long lay off and that we are down to 17-year-olds maybe Staunton shouldn't have sacked off Plummer?
He was lightweight but looked ok I thought.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:58 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:Given that Foster is unavailable, Bower was coming back from a long lay off and that we are down to 17-year-olds maybe Staunton shouldn't have sacked off Plummer?
He was lightweight but looked ok I thought.
I think I too registered my concern at the time :angel: