martin gray apologises

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlodaz
Team Supported: Darlington

martin gray apologises

Post by darlodaz » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 pm

very decent of him to apologise after saturdays shocker.after reading lots of comments there can be cases made for the performance. theres not much point in dissecting it anymore whats done is done.for sure we do need a rest and our more influential players back as soon as possible just to keep us around the playoff area for the rest of the season as im not sure our fringe players are collectively good enough at this level as a group on the pitch together. this alone will maybe help recover lost revenue from the cup and lead to a decent season overall. anyhow thanks to martin gray again.

notgnilrad

Re: martin gray apologises

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Well put and well said MG.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Where? Not on Website or in the Echo.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:04 pm

bga wrote:Where? Not on Website or in the Echo.
Apologised in interview with Stoddart for the Echo, was on line Sun or Mon.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm

OK Ta very much Les.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Anyone got a link to the article?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Here you go, as long as you haven't read too many echo articles you should be able to see this one.

http://bit.ly/2d8y3Cq

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:29 pm

And a back handed apology makes it all OK.

Opportunity wasted, again.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:15 am

Doesn't sound like an apology to me, sounds more like excuses and blaming the team's bad luck.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:14 am

Well he did say
Gray wrote:"We apologise for the defeat and I mean that,” said manager Martin Gray.
He then does go on to mention other things. Not sure what people want from him, does he need to take an article out in the Echo to apologise. I was gutted with the result and rightly Gray knows the result let the club down, however it's time to move on as we can't turn the clock back.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:21 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Well he did say
Gray wrote:"We apologise for the defeat and I mean that,” said manager Martin Gray.
He then does go on to mention other things. Not sure what people want from him, does he need to take an article out in the Echo to apologise.
Don't be silly.

It needs to be a double page spread, going into exact detail on how and why we lost. He then needs to utterly renounce the long ball game and commit to Guardiola's tiki taka, play out from the back style, which our part-time non-league squad will easily be able to cope with.

He then needs to visit every fans' house and issue a grovelling doorstep apology - begging if he has to. If the fan is an exile, then he can send them a personalised video message (I'm not completely unreasonable).

And then he must bake a cake for every member of the Supporters' Group.

Then, I might forgive him for this heinous crime which has ruined our football club.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 am

Martin knows - probably more than nearly all of us on here - how much the loss has affected the club and was a financial blow.

as for excuses - you can call them reasons instead if you like. I didn't hear anyone questioning the players lack of effort. As long as they and Martin tried their best in this game as they always do, then sometimes you have to take unexpected defeats on the chin.

I believe MG has quite a good record over the last few seasons....

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:43 am

I'm surprised, as shareholders, we didn't get to vote on whether an apology was needed.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:08 am

Darlogramps wrote:
He then does go on to mention other things. Not sure what people want from him, does he need to take an article out in the Echo to apologise.
Don't be silly.

It needs to be a double page spread, going into exact detail on how and why we lost. He then needs to utterly renounce the long ball game and commit to Guardiola's tiki taka, play out from the back style, which our part-time non-league squad will easily be able to cope with.

He then needs to visit every fans' house and issue a grovelling doorstep apology - begging if he has to. If the fan is an exile, then he can send them a personalised video message (I'm not completely unreasonable).

Then, I might forgive him for this heinous crime which has ruined our football club.
I'd be happy with just a refund of the gate money I paid.........surely that is totally reasonable! :wave:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:36 pm

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Don't be silly.

I'd be happy with just a refund of the gate money I paid.........surely that is totally reasonable! :wave:
But then what about season ticket holders? They would get a lower refund than those who paid on the day despite showing more long term commitment to the club?

If it wasn't a cup game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Don't be silly.

But then what about season ticket holders? They would get a lower refund than those who paid on the day despite showing more long term commitment to the club?

If it wasn't a cup game.

If
Or an away game. :roll:

bga

Post by bga » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Don't be silly.

If it wasn't a cup game.

If
I was of course joking about a refund but..............are you suggesting that non-season ticket holders like myself don't show "long term commitment." Or is this a double bluff? :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:58 pm

bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:

If it wasn't a cup game.

If
I was of course joking about a refund but..............are you suggesting that non-season ticket holders like myself don't show "long term commitment." Or is this a double bluff? :lol:
:clap:

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Enough of the sarcasm and irony, some managers wouldn't even think of apologising so let's just accept this graciously and get on with supporting the club which means getting behind the manager, Board and especially the team at the next game.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Don't be silly.

:lol: :clap:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:03 pm

whether it's taken as an Apology or Excuse the Proof in the Pudding will be on Saturday.

Hopefully some more effective attacking play will be tried.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Hopefully some more effective attacking play will be tried.
"So lads, today I want to see us try effective attacking play because you have been trying to play the ineffective stuff before"

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:00 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:Hopefully some more effective attacking play will be tried.
"So lads, today I want to see us try effective attacking play because you have been trying to play the ineffective stuff before"
Maybe Neil is intimating the players might want to deviate a tad from long balls up to Beck. However.....that does rely on having the players available to provide the variety.

Given our injury list its commendable we are still top 4.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:15 am

We might be struggling with injuries but we have sufficient fit wide players to avoid playing hoofball if the team is set out to do so.