Free weekend 01st October 2016

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Free weekend 01st October 2016

Post by quakerste » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:43 am

Now that we're out of the Fa cup I wonder if the league will now schedule a game in for that weekend? Fylde, Bradford Park Avenue and Gainsborough are three of the teams that got beat yesterday.

al_quaker

Re: Free weekend 01st October 2016

Post by al_quaker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Moving the midweek Bradford home game to a Saturday would appear to be the most sensible, but depends on what draw Bishop get in the next round of the cup.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 pm

I think a weekend off would do us the world of good.

Bradford PA is one of only 2 midweek games (currently) in the second half of the season so it's not as if we're packed out for last the four months of the campaign.

Given how tired the players have looked, and the injuries we've picked up, having a free weekend might help us out in the long run.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:07 pm

al_quaker wrote:Moving the midweek Bradford home game to a Saturday would appear to be the most sensible, but depends on what draw Bishop get in the next round of the cup.
Are you for real, we want to be playing this match in Darlington plus we need to get players back from injury.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Leave it where it is, alot of reports seem to suggest our lads are tiring towards the end of games, leaving this weekend free gives them a longer break plus its also another game we'll have in Darlington with hopefully a bigger crowd

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 pm

roadrunner wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Moving the midweek Bradford home game to a Saturday would appear to be the most sensible, but depends on what draw Bishop get in the next round of the cup.
Are you for real, we want to be playing this match in Darlington plus we need to get players back from injury.
:crazy: Seems an unnecessarily agressive response.

Out of Fylde, Bradford Park Avenue and Gainsborough, Bradford to me looks like the most sensible if we are to move a match, as it's currently scheduled for a midweek match. We may not want to move a match, for the reasons you've put.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Think it would be sensible to move a mid week game and get it played now as we dont know what kind of a winter we are going to have,dont want a repeat of last season.

On the other hand,the players need a rest and to get over a few niggles and to top it all im the matchball sponsor v Bradford so sod off with that one. ;)

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I think a weekend off would do us the world of good.

Bradford PA is one of only 2 midweek games (currently) in the second half of the season so it's not as if we're packed out for last the four months of the campaign.

Given how tired the players have looked, and the injuries we've picked up, having a free weekend might help us out in the long run.
Totally agreed.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Best thing would be to arrange a friendly and work on one or two things. We saw a very similar situation at the start of last season when we had a shed load of midweek games. Once they stopped and we could have some proper training sessions we looked much better

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Maybe a coaching weekend, as the balls into the box have well been below par for a lot of the time in most games (Galbraith could coach away the faults from the repeat offenders).

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:23 pm

A coaching weekend? Jesus, are they not allowed any time to themselves. We are 4th in the table. What's all the rather pathetic gnashing of teeth about? We won't be the last team to lose in the cup to a lower league team. Everyone goes on about how they are just glad to have a team to support again, but you can just see the petulant moans and abuse that will come their way should we finish outside the play offs. Be interesting to see at what level our crowds settle when we inevitably plateau.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:12 pm

I think giving the players a weekend off, will do them the world of good. Bringing them in for extra training will be counter productive.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think giving the players a weekend off, will do them the world of good.
No Pete, that's what I think. I said it in the third post in this thread. Look:
Reminds me of this scene from Blackadder:

https://youtu.be/K71MckOTt1M?t=80
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:A coaching weekend? Jesus, are they not allowed any time to themselves. We are 4th in the table. What's all the rather pathetic gnashing of teeth about? We won't be the last team to lose in the cup to a lower league team. Everyone goes on about how they are just glad to have a team to support again, but you can just see the petulant moans and abuse that will come their way should we finish outside the play offs. Be interesting to see at what level our crowds settle when we inevitably plateau.
Totally agree Harry.As has been said,to go out in the first round is hugely disappointing but beating teams from higher leagues is a big part of the cup,unfortunately this time we were the fall guys.
I think after the last four years that a few of our fans have forgotten how to lose games.The steamroller is parked up and we are now in the Landrover.As long as the bike stays in the garage we'll be OK :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:24 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Maybe a coaching weekend, as the balls into the box have well been below par for a lot of the time in most games (Galbraith could coach away the faults from the repeat offenders).
I don't know how you think training of pretty experienced semi-professional footballers works?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:17 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:A coaching weekend? Jesus, are they not allowed any time to themselves. We are 4th in the table. What's all the rather pathetic gnashing of teeth about? We won't be the last team to lose in the cup to a lower league team. Everyone goes on about how they are just glad to have a team to support again, but you can just see the petulant moans and abuse that will come their way should we finish outside the play offs. Be interesting to see at what level our crowds settle when we inevitably plateau.
Nail on head