Josh Falkingham signs

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Josh Falkingham signs

Post by divas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:39 am

Great signing, should give us a boost until Turnbull is back then form a lethal partnership.

http://bit.ly/2cBXmi2

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Josh Falkingham signs

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Has he got clearance as yet. Guessing Cartman will know him from Leeds days, not checked but about the same age.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Yes, done and dusted, available tomorrow

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:24 pm

He last played for a Scottish League 1 team who released him at the end of the season. They did win the league to be fair though.

Don't really think the quality of SL1 is up to much and he will be well short of match fitness surely?

bga

Post by bga » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:16 pm

divas wrote:Great signing, should give us a boost until Turnbull is back then form a lethal partnership.

http://bit.ly/2cBXmi2
Didn't we think that when we signed Nightingale who scored 20 odd goals last season? Talking of whom does this mean he is now considered surplus to requirements, I know how I would read the situation if I was the player, or does his loan period have to be for a minimum period?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Nightingale can't be recalled before 28 days

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Falkingham is a centre midfielder, Nightingale is a wide player or attacking midfielder behind the forwards.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Nightingale, still think he can have a future with us but whether he wants to stick it out is another question.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:46 pm

divas wrote:Nightingale can't be recalled before 28 days
Thanks for clarifying so.......................we could recall him in about 7 days but I doubt we will.
Darlofan97 wrote:Falkingham is a centre midfielder, Nightingale is a wide player or attacking midfielder behind the forwards.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Nightingale, still think he can have a future with us but whether he wants to stick it out is another question.
Understand what you are saying about players various strengths and weaknesses, (no 2 players in the same position have identical skills either) but it is a bit disappointing that (certain) players are unable to adapt to new positions even for a short period, until other players are fully fit. Call me old school but it frustrates me a little to see us signing someone and maybe not making better uses of the resources we already have. Maybe the stakes are too high these days and MG is not prepared to take that risk. I have no problem about us strengthening the squad, but don't think we should carry any passengers either, hence my question about Nightingale. Having said that MG has a pretty good record of balancing the books so to speak, so we will see.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:44 pm

I think my point is that Falkingham and Nightingale play in completely different positions, so it's probably pointless bringing Nightingale into it, as he isn't a centre midfielder.

Nightingale may well get his chance. Gray wasn't happy with Mitchell on Wednesday evening and Wearmouth isn't set to return until around March. I think his loan is up in around 10 days time so I guess we will see where he is around then.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Surely he was a pro at Dunfermline? Fact is it's a bit of a coup to be grabbing anyone who was a pro so recently.

Know nothing about him, but here's hoping for something special :thumbup:

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Don't think there are many clubs outside the SPL that are full time in Scotland. Dunfermline have had some big financial challenges, and were in the third tier. And Arbroath were def semi pro. So I'm guessing after St Johnstone he's been semi pro.

However, I've seen a fair bit of Scottish footy, and the standard in the third tier is probably on par with the conference.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Seems like he has was reasonably rated by the Dunfermline fans.

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1572987&t=1572987

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 pm

I remember when Adam Reed signed from York couple year back. He came rated and was dogga. Don't expect this signing to go the same way but let's see what he's got. Good luck to him.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:40 pm

I hope he does well. Mainly because there are plenty of decent pun opportunities with his name.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Welcome to Darlo and at only 25, he's got his best years ahead of him.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:29 am

Wonder what length contract he has been given, nothing mentioned on the official website.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:23 am

Maybe more than an emergency signing.

Having attended many Pars games, while living in Dunfermline, I expect a battling midfielder.

As the Scottish Championship ranges from Div 1 to Conference standard, he will probably have a bit more pace and quick thinking about him.

With 360 games and a captaincy at a well supported and respected club we can expect some consistency in his game.

Beck was on trial at Dunfermline and Josh may have played alongside Cartman at Leeds youth levels.

Seems like a good deal for Darlo.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:18 am

Neil Johnson wrote:As the Scottish Championship ranges from Div 1 to Conference standard, he will probably have a bit more pace and quick thinking about him.
What? :crazy:

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:05 pm

A strong debut, despite the result, and looks like he'll add exactly what we lack in central midfield.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Beano wrote:A strong debut, despite the result, and looks like he'll add exactly what we lack in central midfield.
Agreed, someone who has the ability to put his foot on the ball and control things in midfield. Hopefully when we get back a few of those with injuries, he will be able to combine and offer more than the aimless lumping of long balls at Beck's head. At the moment, we seem incapable of picking up the 2nd ball and need some inspiration. Welcome Josh!

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:55 pm

my MOTM on our side of things, looked composed on the ball and put some great tackles as well

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:34 am

Pretty much the only positive out of yesterday. Good debut. Looked a combative midfielder, breaking things up and keeping things simple. Him and Turnbull could make a good combination in the middle.