Bradford PA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Bradford PA

Post by JE93 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Games keep coming thick and fast for us. Hopefully we can put in a good performance on Wednesday night against a team who have been struggling this season. Burgess and Turnbull definitely out for a couple more weeks is a blow but hopefully Gillies and Brown getting on the pitch is a sign they are fit to play.

I'd line us up:

Jameson
Marrs, Hunter, Brown, Galbraith.
Gillies, Nowakowski, Portas, Thompson.
Beck, Cartman.

Subs: Bell, Mitchell, Purwal, Hardy, Watson.

If fit brown has to start for me. We need a leader at CB.
This could be Nowakowski's big chance to get in the team and make the position his. Scott away in NY and Turnbull out injured. I've always thought he had quite good feet and he's a big lad to aim for from set pieces. Hope he takes his chance.
Gillies is a cut above this league and has played well from day one. Needs to be in the team if he's fit, he'd get into most teams in this league (and a few in the one above).
Hardy has had a great start to the season but maybe is starting to look a little leggy. I'd give Carts a go and give us some fresh energy up front.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Bradford PA

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:46 pm

Nowakowski deserves to start, as he has looked good when he has come on as substitute in the last few games.

I had the dubious pleasure of going to watch Darlo play at Bradford PA in a pre-season friendly, when Colin Todd had taken over as manager. It was that forgettable that I've even forgotten what the score was.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:20 pm

I like that team. If a playoff push is realistic, this is the sort of game to win.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 pm

H1987 wrote:I like that team. If a playoff push is realistic, this is the sort of game to win.
What this early...Image

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Bradford PA must be low on confidence, after losing 0-3 at home to Worcester on Saturday. We need to win games like this convincingly, if we want to at least make the play-offs.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:52 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Nowakowski deserves to start, as he has looked good when he has come on as substitute in the last few games.

I had the dubious pleasure of going to watch Darlo play at Bradford PA in a pre-season friendly, when Colin Todd had taken over as manager. It was that forgettable that I've even forgotten what the score was.
I think Darlo won 2-1 .... must have been one of the few games we scored more than once lol
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 am

A real blast from the past Bradford PA,they always seemed to be getting re elected with the usual suspects.Hoping to make it but need to get out of work to do it.From Manc side it looks better to go through Halifax.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:13 am

I spoke to a BPA fan recently and this is what he said

To be bluntly honest mate, I've dropped watching em. Off the pitch, closed season (the new ownership, board, directors etc.) changed clubs name, crest, officially dropped brackets from the 'Park Avenue' (thereby severing ties with the beloved historical club of the same moniker), closed down the Limited Company running the club and started a new one with new name etc., etc., with absolutely no consulatation with fans - basically making it a brand-new manifestation (if not an entirely new club in & of itself) club. A lot of the fanbase is acknowledging it too. Thing is, I just can't force myself to swallow all this crap as I was raised 'old-school' Bradford FC.

Moreover, with things on the pitch, ALL last seasons squad deserted the sinking ship (they knew - as a fair few of us could see - that the club was dead in the water) barring one solitary player (and TBF no-one wanted him), In fact, the new management set-up (a 'director of football' and a touchline lap-dog 'coach') is an utter recipe for disaster. I predicted as much in June, but the happy clappers thought they & the board knew better. Well, proof's in the pudding...rock bottom and all the reports I'm getting confirm just how bad the squad & management is...a well earned one way ticket to the NPL.

So in answer to your Q ;): their start is no surprise & if your lads can't beat that set of numpties there's sommat wrong. Easy 3pts

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:19 am

JE93 wrote: Jameson
Beck, Cartman.

With the player we have available its hard to see past that team and squad. Lets hope they bring back the 3 points. Despite the great start to the season 'feels' like we have been on a bit of a bad run.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:58 am

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:
JE93 wrote: Jameson
Beck, Cartman.

With the player we have available its hard to see past that team and squad. Lets hope they bring back the 3 points. Despite the great start to the season 'feels' like we have been on a bit of a bad run.
Yes I agree with that starting 11. Hardy has deserved his place until recently. Hasn't been as influential since the FCUM game. Cartman to have a chance

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm

I remember many years ago, going to watch Darlo play at Bradford City in a car, before sat navs had even been invented. Saw these floodlights in the bottom of a valley and drove down to find it was the Bradford PA old ground. Drove off in the opposite direction for yonks and then saw these floodlights which again was the Bradford PA ground. Needless to say I did find Valley Parade and before the game started.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I remember many years ago, going to watch Darlo play at Bradford City in a car, before sat navs had even been invented. Saw these floodlights in the bottom of a valley and drove down to find it was the Bradford PA old ground. Drove off in the opposite direction for yonks and then saw these floodlights which again was the Bradford PA ground. Needless to say I did find Valley Parade and before the game started.
How did they fit all 22 players and the ref in a car? Must've been cramped!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:17 pm

I've seen Bradford Park Avenue many times at Feethams. We always seemed to stick 4 goals past them. Let's hope we can do it again. With Bradford City it was different. They seemed to be one of our bogey teams.

darlosafc

Post by darlosafc » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:54 pm

JE93 wrote:Games keep coming thick and fast for us. Hopefully we can put in a good performance on Wednesday night against a team who have been struggling this season. Burgess and Turnbull definitely out for a couple more weeks is a blow but hopefully Gillies and Brown getting on the pitch is a sign they are fit to play.

I'd line us up:

Jameson
Beck, Cartman.

If fit brown has to start for me. We need a leader at CB.
This could be Nowakowski's big chance to get in the team and make the position his. Scott away in NY and Turnbull out injured. I've always thought he had quite good feet and he's a big lad to aim for from set pieces. Hope he takes his chance.
Gillies is a cut above this league and has played well from day one. Needs to be in the team if he's fit, he'd get into most teams in this league (and a few in the one above).
Hardy has had a great start to the season but maybe is starting to look a little leggy. I'd give Carts a go and give us some fresh energy up front.
Injured

DarlingtonDave

Post by DarlingtonDave » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:46 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:A real blast from the past Bradford PA,they always seemed to be getting re elected with the usual suspects.Hoping to make it but need to get out of work to do it.From Manc side it looks better to go through Halifax.
MCFCDarlo3 I live near Bradford and Park Avenue's ground is off the Halifax Road. So yes go through Halifax if you want and straight to Bradford from there.
However it is close enough to M606 to make it as easy to go straight down M62 and off at M606 at top go left towards Halifax and follow main road over next roundabout. You will then see a Pizza Hut on your left set back and shortly after a left turn (Netherlands Avenue) then you'll see green after that on left and you want next left turn which is Cemetary Road and ground is on this road on your left.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:27 am

DarlingtonDave wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:A real blast from the past Bradford PA,they always seemed to be getting re elected with the usual suspects.Hoping to make it but need to get out of work to do it.From Manc side it looks better to go through Halifax.
MCFCDarlo3 I live near Bradford and Park Avenue's ground is off the Halifax Road. So yes go through Halifax if you want and straight to Bradford from there.
However it is close enough to M606 to make it as easy to go straight down M62 and off at M606 at top go left towards Halifax and follow main road over next roundabout. You will then see a Pizza Hut on your left set back and shortly after a left turn (Netherlands Avenue) then you'll see green after that on left and you want next left turn which is Cemetary Road and ground is on this road on your left.
I agree with Dave, don't try and go through Bradford, just come into the city off the M62 via the M606 and it's just off to the left at the end of the motorway.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Looking forward to attending this one tonight but feeling a little nervous with Turnbull out.

DarlingtonDave

Post by DarlingtonDave » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Hardy on for Thompson