STAUNTON OUT

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

STAUNTON OUT

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:35 pm

I never thought it was possible but this paddy prick is worse than Turd.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Fanatic

Re: STAUNTON OUT

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:37 pm

I wouldn't say he was worse then Todd, but we can't keep sacking managers.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:37 pm

We can.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Who's going to want to come to a club that keeps sacking managers after every 10 games, love it or hate it were stuck with the big lump that is Staunton
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:40 pm

plenty of football managers are wanting work, they will all think they can turn things round, prepare for the next season.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 pm

I know.

Turd was out of touch, a dinosaur, boring, you name it. But Staunton is even worse.

Staunton has proven he is completely and utterly out of his depth, has zero man management skills and is an utter disaster.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Quakerz wrote:I never thought it was possible but this paddy prick is worse than Turd.

Totally agree, I have been saying for weeks this guy MUST go, hopefully straight after this game.ANYBODY is better than this clown, and get shot of Richardson as well.The pair of them are totally out of touch with league 2 football.

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:44 pm

We should just accept the fact , we are going down . It doesnt matter who is in charge of this squad , we are just destined to conference football :thumbdown: I cant even be arsed to watch the in vision scores on me laptop . I cant see a way out of the mess we are in , Saturdays will never be the same again .

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:47 pm

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE FOOK-DIDDLEY-OOKED NEDDIE! :thumbup:

knoxy5000

Post by knoxy5000 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Past regimes are to blame for this, so what we are looking down and buried. Least we still have a club, 6 months ago that wasn't looking likely.

Pointing the finger at steve isn't the answer, yes it's frustrating, But we need to stick together and support the club more than ever

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:52 pm

knoxy5000 wrote:Past regimes are to blame for this, so what we are looking down and buried. Least we still have a club, 6 months ago that wasn't looking likely.

Pointing the finger at steve isn't the answer, yes it's frustrating, But we need to stick together and support the club more than ever
Rubbish.

yes past regimes etc, but that doesnt mean we accept someone who clearly is out of their depth.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm

tbh i dont actually give a shite whos in charge because were going down regardless.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:55 pm

knoxy5000 wrote:Past regimes are to blame for this, so what we are looking down and buried. Least we still have a club, 6 months ago that wasn't looking likely.
In another 6 months we won't have a club at this rate. People are not going to attend and Raj must have spent the budget twice. We will have spent more than anticipated and income will be lower than forecast.

We are doomed.

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:57 pm

alleztfc wrote:SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE FOOK-DIDDLEY-OOKED NEDDIE! :thumbup:
I am not being funny or out mate , but arent the chokers playing ? You`re like Barnie Pete you lad .......obsessed . Now be so kind as to fuck right off you sausage eating c*** . :wave:

anus

Post by anus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:10 pm

Staunton has taken us from bad to worse, something which surely could only have been achieved by an inept manager, given how bad we were to start with. This is a bloke who was spouting out about having the contacts to get us to safety, yet the players he has brought in are utter gash.
We need to make a change and if he wont get sacked then hopefully he'll walk. It's now about having the structure in place to get us back into the football league from the conference and every week we have these 2 clowns in charge of first team affairs, we are taking yet another step backwards.
We're fooked with this fella in charge and we need to start planning for the future.
Staunton out!

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with quackers
Reno Raines

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Do you remember how bad Man U were when Ferguson first took charge? He was 90mins away from the boot - look at him now. Differing scales I know, but still.

You lot have given Staunton not much over 10 games. It's like you have to have a scapegoat, there always has to be a finger pointed. Let's not blame a 16 year old kid for that goal in case he cries, let's blame the manager. Let's not blame the past owner that practically bankrupted us, let's blame the current chairman/manager for seemingly not caring (ie not ploughing the cash in).

I will not dwell on the past and spend the rest of my life whingeing about Brearley/Morgon/Peden/Reynolds/Houghton, but this club when taken over by Singh was NEVER going anywhere other than down. All Raj has done is save the club from extinction - I never expected anything more from him. The damage has been done from years and years of mismanagement and pilfering, it was only a matter of time before the club imploded and found itself where we are today.

Blaming Staunton is NOT the fucking answer.

FFS
Mullet69uk on Twitter

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Mullet69 wrote:Do you remember how bad Man U were when Ferguson first took charge? He was 90mins away from the boot - look at him now. Differing scales I know, but still.

You lot have given Staunton not much over 10 games. It's like you have to have a scapegoat, there always has to be a finger pointed. Let's not blame a 16 year old kid for that goal in case he cries, let's blame the manager. Let's not blame the past owner that practically bankrupted us, let's blame the current chairman/manager for seemingly not caring (ie not ploughing the cash in).

I will not dwell on the past and spend the rest of my life whingeing about Brearley/Morgon/Peden/Reynolds/Houghton, but this club when taken over by Singh was NEVER going anywhere other than down. All Raj has done is save the club from extinction - I never expected anything more from him. The damage has been done from years and years of mismanagement and pilfering, it was only a matter of time before the club imploded and found itself where we are today.

Blaming Staunton is NOT the f***ing answer.

FFS
Well said.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Increasingly, I am too. He's shown little idea of how to turn things round and we are getting absolutely mullered every week now. We looked at our best this season when Lidds was in charge. The recent results have been diabolical.

Because of the nature of the transfer window, as well, Staunton either needs to go right now, or we're stuck with him until the end of the season. No room to give him X number of weeks to turn it round.

I certainly don't blame Raj, by the way.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Mullet69 wrote:Do you remember how bad Man U were when Ferguson first took charge? He was 90mins away from the boot - look at him now. Differing scales I know, but still.

Blaming Staunton is NOT the f***ing answer.

FFS
Yup, differing scales as Ferguson was a proven manager.

A little over 10 games where we have seen his man management in action, its all well and good saying in the papers how hard they are training, when the first mistake in a game brings about abuse directed at the player.

He isnt good enough, its as simple as that, and yes we would of gone down anyway, but that doesnt excuse some of the decisions he has made, or save him from criticism.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Quakerz wrote:I never thought it was possible but this paddy prick is worse than Turd.
It's take many seasons to happen - but I agree with you on this one Quakerz!

Keeping us up from the position we were in was a tall order - however if a manager had any quality or potential at all we would not be getting absolutely hammered like this every week. Even Tommy Taylor would have been able to take a thirty man squad and grind the odd 0-0 out. Cannot believe that the players are going on the pitch either knowing or caring about what's going to happen.

He shouldn't need to be sacked - he should do the decent thing.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Its not a case of having a scape goat, its a case of Staunton making us even worse than we were when he took over, under Todd we never really looked like winning but on the flip side we didnt really look like conceding that many either, under Staunton the team is now a complete joke and 19 goals conceded in 5 games speaks volumes

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:49 pm

The team has been broken up poor quality brought in and the only way now under SS is down I think he has lost control because we are getting worse

what next?

That's raj's call
Reno Raines

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:00 pm

The thing is, what happens?

Do we sack Staunton and bring another manager in during January and wait for 10 or so games and give him the boot as well?

It'll be a never ending cycle. We need to realise that like or not, we're building for next season now. If we do bring in a new manager or even stick with Staunton who makes massive changes in January, the fans have to understand this.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:05 pm

What Raj has to ask himself is does he trust Staunton with the chequebook in the window? Does he think that Staunton can build a decent team? Does he wonder why signing experienced players like Harsley and Hall have made no fecking difference?

At the end of the day if Staunton is not the right man, then he must be removed. Doesn't mean it is a never ending cycle.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:30 pm

RenoRaines wrote:The team has been broken up poor quality brought in and the only way now under SS is down I think he has lost control because we are getting worse

what next?

That's raj's call
I agree with this as Staunton stated when he first came in to the club that the players he had at his disposal would be given a fair chance to prove themselves. Now he lets go of Chandler and Gall, who to be fair have been the only players to offer us anything in terms of passion and committment and then he managed to lose a good loan signing (made under Todd) in Devitt.
Quakerz wrote:What Raj has to ask himself is does he trust Staunton with the chequebook in the window? Does he think that Staunton can build a decent team? Does he wonder why signing experienced players like Harsley and Hall have made no fecking difference?

At the end of the day if Staunton is not the right man, then he must be removed. Doesn't mean it is a never ending cycle.
Now, there is no way I'd trust SS with my chequebook if I were Raj, if your saying the likes of Thomas, Hogg, Davis, Collins, Diop, Harsley, Hall etc. etc. etc. are any better than what he already had at his disposal when he took over!!! He has probably wasted as much money as Todd through completely useless loan signings and add to this his inept tactical and man-mangement skills means only one thing...... :thumbdown:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:34 pm

I can see SS resigning sooner rather than later. Surely even he must be getting personally embarrassed, by bottling the interview i think this is the case. Like everyone else says, who do we bring in? Hell knows, give it to Richardson for all its worth.

The Tees Mouth

Post by The Tees Mouth » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Quakerz wrote:What Raj has to ask himself is does he trust Staunton with the chequebook in the window? Does he think that Staunton can build a decent team? Does he wonder why signing experienced players like Harsley and Hall have made no fecking difference?

Knight
Arnison Foster Miller Bower
Convery Chandler Smith Smith
Thorpe Gall

Jones
Milne Miller Hall Giddings
Mulligan Hogg Davis Thomas
Collins Diop

Defense aside he has actually signed worse players than we had and frozen out others. Chandler, Gall and perhaps Knight and Convery are better options that what have been playing. I know he hasnt had a window but somehow and Im not sure how this has happened we are actually worse than the side put together by Todd. I wouldnt trust him with a £10 gift voucher nevermind with the chequebook in the window.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:51 pm

With Todd the side were actually showing afew signs of slowly improving after 8-10 games, the rate wasnt quick enough and ultimatly cost Todd his job, however after the same number of games under Staunton who had took on a team which was gradually improving, we've now got a team which is getting worse and worse as the weeks go by

darloneil

Post by darloneil » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:16 pm

"staunton out" you say? who in there right mind would want to come here? i ask you give your head a shake we are stuck with him get on with it and start planning your trips to the conference teams for next year !!!!!