Stockport County Wed 7th Sep @Home - Segregated

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Stockport County Wed 7th Sep @Home - Segregated

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Seems the game is segregated on Wednesday night, not sure they will bring the same but I would imagine we would take 200 on a midweek game so maybe they will bring similar numbers which could make a decent atmosphere.

Probably for the best that the game will be segregated.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Stockport County Wed 7th Sep @Home - Segregated

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:47 pm

They're gates are roughly double ours, so using your logic they should bring around 400. Having said that I'd be surprised if they bring many more than a couple of hundred.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:They're gates are roughly double ours, so using your logic they should bring around 400. Having said that I'd be surprised if they bring many more than a couple of hundred.
they get roughly 3000/3400???

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm

They average 2,690 currently, so I do see Pete's point. Although I think we have a really good away following as a percentage of home attendances & not everyone will match that, we will see how many they bring but I would like to think about 200.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:01 pm

When you read their board most don't exactly seem fired up with optimism about the season and the way they are performing. I suppose we are just happy to have reached this level so quickly from a position of despair whereas they are sick and tired at being stuck at this level season after season.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:09 am

And in one of their four home games they had 3,086 so that's 3-4,000, just!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:27 am

How many did they take to Altrincham on Saturday I know it`s not as far but they were 2500 there

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:57 am

Funny what you remember but I can remember Stockport making headlines when they put their admission prices up to 50p. I think at the time we were paying 20p at Feethams.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:43 am

Match report said 863 in the away end but their forum says some in the stand and some in the home end out of the rain!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:00 pm

They should have taken stacks to Altrincham, it's there local derby and probably less 10 miles from Stockport.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Their altrincham game was all ticket.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:51 pm

So not all ticket?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:17 pm

They had 1500 tickets for the away end, it was all ticket with a few seats but it ended up pay on the gate too!

Edgeley Park
Team Supported: Stockport County

Post by Edgeley Park » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:They should have taken stacks to Altrincham, it's there local derby and probably less 10 miles from Stockport.
Over 1500 County there yesterday but as someone posted on this link apathy is beginning to set in at the length of time spent in this league. Bankrolled clubs such as Salford ,Fylde and Harrogate are making it increasingly difficult to compete with their budgets.

Probably around 250 will travel on Wednesday although if it were to be played in Darlo then I think more would have made the effort.Nice to see your lot climbing back to where you and County should be, think it will take a few more years yet unless investment is forthcoming in County's case as our gates are dwindling by the year.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Just think tho if you got promoted how you'd miss those derbies with your very good friends at FCUM!

PS Any flags will be removed from the away end prior to Wednesday :D

Edgeley Park

Post by Edgeley Park » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:36 pm

:D
LoidLucan wrote:Just think tho if you got promoted how you'd miss those derbies with your very good friends at FCUM!

PS Any flags will be removed from the away end prior to Wednesday :D
To be honest they were warned about 'flagging' the away end by the police beforehand, did they remove them for your visit ? They are a mixed up bunch of supporters who have been used to lording it over the likes of Flixton and New Mills over the years, they can't accept they are not the biggest fish in the pond any more, they have peaked now and I await there slide with amusement :thumbdown:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:46 pm

Edgeley Park wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:They should have taken stacks to Altrincham, it's there local derby and probably less 10 miles from Stockport.
Over 1500 County there yesterday but as someone posted on this link apathy is beginning to set in at the length of time spent in this league. Bankrolled clubs such as Salford ,Fylde and Harrogate are making it increasingly difficult to compete with their budgets.

Probably around 250 will travel on Wednesday although if it were to be played in Darlo then I think more would have made the effort.Nice to see your lot climbing back to where you and County should be, think it will take a few more years yet unless investment is forthcoming in County's case as our gates are dwindling by the year.
With your attendances Edgeley you guys should really be up there with the biggest budgets, any reason you're not, are you guys renting home ground or own it. Probably me not understanding but your revenues should put you right up there really.

Edgeley Park

Post by Edgeley Park » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Edgeley Park wrote:

With your attendances Edgeley you guys should really be up there with the biggest budgets, any reason you're not, are you guys renting home ground or own it. Probably me not understanding but your revenues should put you right up there really.
Very complicated but.... Brian Kennedy (sale sharks) bought our club when we were in the championship 2003 he moved in his rugby club and then proceeded to sell SCFC to the fans and charge us rent... Just before that Kennedy sold every worthwhile player we had and then handed the club back to us, we were kicked out of our club shop and put in to a wooden hut in the corner of the car park.

Rent to find and lost revenues , lack of the sold quality players meant 4 delegations in 6 years, administration and several new owners who racked up debt but won't go quietly because they want (their ) money back. Kennedy sold the ground to the council last year but we still pay rent.

In effect the gates we get is just about paying off ex owners of the club and the council, there has been a lot going on behind the scenes that we are not told, you probably are aware of what goes on ...hence the popular misconception is we are minted at this level, I'm afraid we are far from that .

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Dodgy owners, administration, debts, relegations... fans left to carry the can... well that really does have a familiar ring to it!
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Fair enough, we know how those bad ex-owners work.

Keep plugging away and sooner or later you guys will turn it around, too big not to. Gannon done well at North Vics, he seems generally a good manager although more expectations at Stockport County.