Team for Kiddi tonight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

coles
Team Supported: Darlington

Team for Kiddi tonight

Post by coles » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:57 am

Question would you change the starting line up or stick with what we had. The obvious question is around the fitness of Pete Jameson and Hardy or Cartman up top.

However looking at Leon Scott on social media this week it looks like he has been in ibiza all week at a wedding, hopefully Portas is fit having not featured in the last couple of games or maybe its time for Novokwski to start.

My team tonight would be:

1. Jameson
2. Marrs
3. Galbraith
4. Brown
5. Burgess
6. Turnbull
7. Portas
8. Thompson
9. Gillies
10. Beck
11. Cartman

thoughts??

My opinion

Re: Team for Kiddi tonight

Post by My opinion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:10 am

Hardy is in great form at the moment, don't know how you could drop him..
I would leave the team thar started against FCUM making the subs as and when necessary.

coles

Post by coles » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:19 am

It's a fair point to be honest it's flip of a coin and I would have no problem if Hardy started as you say he is in great form

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:34 am

coles wrote:...

However looking at Leon Scott on social media this week....
thoughts??
I think you're a stalker with an obsession for rough, heavily tattooed, tanned muscley men...

only joking :)

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:46 am

If Scott was in Ibiza all last week it offers an explanation for his dreadful performance last Saturday when the ball went round him, through him, over him and underneath him. Shame after his excellent last season.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:23 am

Scott was very good I thought against FC Utd, it will take the lads time to adapt in this league.

In regards to Cartman/Hardy however much I actually like Cartman I can't argue other than a bit of rotation to remove Hardy from the team, he is on excellent form.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:16 am

Scott was excellent against FC United, only hindered by a harsh booking in the first half.

Hardy has to start because he's been on top form since Altrincham really. Only quiet game he's really had was Alfreton, where he either didn't score or win us a penalty!

Cartman will get his chance, he will more than likely come off the bench tonight. You just can't justify leaving out Hardy who has scored 4 in 6 starts, unless he is injured.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:25 am

Hardy shouldn't be dropped to the bench, his attitude and work rate has been spot on.

coles

Post by coles » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:56 am

Can't argue against Hardy starting just personal opinon but as someone pointed out 4 in 6 is class form and doesnt deserve to be dropped. LEon was superb against FC united to the point where the game really changed once he was carded as their midfield started to boss the game as Leon couldnt put his foot in.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Will Gillies be fit for tonight he was taken off at half time against FCUM. If not Mitchell will slot in.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Need to check who is turning out for Kiddi as they have a mix of quick young lads and a number of big older players. Also check out our own injury list, is Tom Portas fully fit now? Gillies came off at FCUM after a nasty knock and of course the debate about Jameson. Not sure why he wasn't also subbed at half-time after his yellow card for petulance after being lobbed. Rest of the lads played very well and subs coming off the bench to win the match.....

Marrs should start if they play their young quick lads up front, but Hunter would probably do better against their beefier forwards. Similarly Scotty could do a stopper role in midfield, but Portas has better distribution and could do the first half if fit. Beck may benefit from a but of a rest, so start with Amar. Also need to keep Carts and Novakowski engaged so find a berth for both of them in the starting XI. Goodness knows how you can't fit Hardy in there after a great start to the season.

One thing for sure, MG will have a plan and we should trust him to do the right thing. Will be a very hard match, especially give the pro status of Kidderminster and also the number of games we are having in such a short time. C'mon Darlo :clap:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Not sure tonight's is the night to 'keep people engaged'.

Keep it consistent, get points on the board to establish confidence and a place around the top 5 and then once the table takes shape, pick and choose when to mix things up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Hardy on for me. But sub for Cartman. Assuming everything gone to plan.

On another note, I'm going with 12 pulls and grabs on Beck going unnoticed today.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:51 pm

DarloDean wrote:Hardy on for me. But sub for Cartman. Assuming everything gone to plan.

On another note, I'm going with 12 pulls and grabs on Beck going unnoticed today.
Don't know what it is about Beck that makes fouls and attacks on him invisible to referees.