FA Cup Qualifying 2016/17

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Cup Qualifying 2016/17

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:34 pm

We enter the FA Cup in the 2nd Qualifying round this season, game to be played Saturday 17th September.

The 1st Qualifying round takes place on Saturday 3rd September, does anyone know when the draw for the round we enter is made? I have looked online but cannot find any information regarding the date it is drawn. Cheers

spen666

Re: FA Cup Qualifying 2016/17

Post by spen666 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:37 pm

Gow9900 wrote:We enter the FA Cup in the 2nd Qualifying round this season, game to be played Saturday 17th September.

The 1st Qualifying round takes place on Saturday 3rd September, does anyone know when the draw for the round we enter is made? I have looked online but cannot find any information regarding the date it is drawn. Cheers

The FA have messed around with the draw this season.

The Extra Preliminary Round and Preliminary rounds were drawn together

The 1st Qualifying round was drawn after the extra preliminary matches had been played but before the preliminary matches had been played!

The preliminary round was the weekend just gone.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:53 pm

spen666 wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:We enter the FA Cup in the 2nd Qualifying round this season, game to be played Saturday 17th September.

The FA have messed around with the draw this season.

The Extra Preliminary Round and Preliminary rounds were drawn together

The 1st Qualifying round was drawn after the extra preliminary matches had been played but before the preliminary matches had been played!

The preliminary round was the weekend just gone.
They drew the 1st Qualifying Round early this year so that clubs could organise something for Non League Day on the 3rd September.

Monday 5th September mate
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:44 am

quakersam wrote:....

They drew the 1st Qualifying Round early this year so that clubs could organise something for Non League Day on the 3rd September.....
Thanks for that.

Seemingly the FA had not communicated that to many clubs as none of the club officials at the 3 games I was at this weekend in the FA Cup knew why draw was made early.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:29 pm

spen666 wrote:
quakersam wrote:....

They drew the 1st Qualifying Round early this year so that clubs could organise something for Non League Day on the 3rd September.....
Thanks for that.

Seemingly the FA had not communicated that to many clubs as none of the club officials at the 3 games I was at this weekend in the FA Cup knew why draw was made early.
It takes a lot of time to get the messages written out with quill pens and fastened on to all those homing pigeon wings. In reality they probably sent some faxes out to some clubs with that state of the art kit.