old football shirts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

meadowlark
Team Supported: Darlington

old football shirts

Post by meadowlark » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:14 pm

I recall some years ago there was a collection of football shirts to be sent to Africa. I think it was organised by Scott Thornberry and shirts were handed in at the arena.
Are there any plans for a similar collection in the near future, as I have a few shirts I am willing to donate.

don'tbuythesun

Re: old football shirts

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 am

IF not there are charities that do this on an ongoing basis, like kitaid

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 pm

meadowlark wrote:I recall some years ago there was a collection of football shirts to be sent to Africa. I think it was organised by Scott Thornberry and shirts were handed in at the arena.
Are there any plans for a similar collection in the near future, as I have a few shirts I am willing to donate.
Looking back it was user micra3 who was involved in getting the shirts to Africa - try sending a PM to them...

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=102
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
meadowlark wrote:I recall some years ago there was a collection of football shirts to be sent to Africa. I think it was organised by Scott Thornberry and shirts were handed in at the arena.
Looking back it was user micra3 who was involved in getting the shirts to Africa - try sending a PM to them...

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=102
I do have family going over in October - I will get in touch with them and see if it is possible to take some more shirts.
M I C R A 3

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks micra3. Let me know what happens. I have 7 shirts. 5 darlo, 1 england and 1st mirren.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 pm

micra3 I have 2-3 shirts as well if it helps your relatives decide whether it is worthwhile doing a collection.