Work has started !!!!!!!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo gbh
Team Supported: Darlington

Work has started !!!!!!!!

Post by darlo gbh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:39 pm

A fence has appeared blocking off access to the pitch at BM a couple of diggers were spreading Dolomite near the main car park leading to the pitch area on Friday.
It is Richardson construction who is doing the work.
Last edited by darlo gbh on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darlo_Pete

Re: It's started!!!!!!!

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Never doubted that the building work would start, eventually. :roll:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Yes, on the date the board gave us....

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:14 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Yes, on the date the board gave us....
I think most people are justifiably frustrated at the delays - the first "deal" with the rugby club was announced in December 2013.

But the repeated sniping and ignorance from the usual suspects is both cowardly and unhelpful.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Re: Work has started !!!!!!!!

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 pm

No it wasn't the club has sold season tickets based on people expecting us to have moved into the ground by the August Bank Holiday. So when it's not going to happen people are naturally going to be concerned. Lack of updates from the club hasn't helped matters.

footifan

Post by footifan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Yes, on the date the board gave us....
I think most people are justifiably frustrated at the delays - the first "deal" with the rugby club was announced in December 2013.

But the repeated sniping and ignorance from the usual suspects is both cowardly and unhelpful.

Totally agree Darlogramps...

Some totally unnecessary comments made on here, especially by the same repeat offenders ( you know who they are )... The same type that if given free chips, not only want more but complain they are too hot or not enough salt :roll:

Oh poor people that bought season tickets & have to travel ALL the way to Bishop for a few months more... makes me wonder how many are actually whining about that..not many I guess.

I spent about 7 times the cost of a season ticket on a flight to hopefully see the opening match at BM... it is not going to happen...disappointed yes, but I realise the delay was out of the club's hands... Will I get on with it & have a good time ?... Hell yes. :thumbup: See ya'll then.

By the way mine's always a pint ;)

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:No it wasn't the club has sold season tickets based on people expecting us to have moved into the ground by the August Bank Holiday. So when it's not going to happen people are naturally going to be concerned. Lack of updates from the club hasn't helped matters.
But the club HAVE given fans updates.

They may not have been as frequent as you would have liked, but to say there's been a lack of updates is incorrect.

The biggest problem for the club was they made a rod for their own back by giving a specific date and then having to shift it back.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:No it wasn't the club has sold season tickets based on people expecting us to have moved into the ground by the August Bank Holiday. So when it's not going to happen people are naturally going to be concerned. Lack of updates from the club hasn't helped matters.

They may not have been as frequent as you would have liked, but to say there's been a lack of updates is incorrect.

The biggest problem for the club was they made a rod for their own back by giving a specific date and then having to shift it back.
The biggest problem was this wasn't the first season we has sold season tickets with the basis of moving mid season to BM, because of that people were quick to doubt.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:46 am

The delay wasn't the clubs fault but the final bit of funding being approved for the Rugby club. Remember virtually all of the people who run the club have day jobs.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 am

And I bet nobody saw RU Sports Active throwing a spanner in the works either.

We are where we are now. Look at the fantastic work that has been done over the previous 4 years on and off the pitch. 3 promotions in 4 seasons, cleared debt, planning permission and funding secured for our move back to Darlington with builders on-site.

A bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss. The difference between where the club was in 2012 compared to where it is now is remarkable.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Spot on re: perspective.

Who wouldn't have taken our current position in Aug 2012?

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:53 pm

yes theres been delays but its clear everybody at the football club has done everything possible to make it happen asap, also 3 promotions in 4 years is remarkable, the team has progressed quicker than we could ever have hoped for realistically, so naturally the physical infrastructure ie- ground was always going to lag behind somewhat.

its only just sunk in for me when i looked at this seasons teams in our division just how far we've come in a short time, were now playing the likes of Kidderminster, Stockport, Halifax, Nuneaton etc, makes a change from Dunston, Guisborough, Shildon etc................

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Brilliant news all around. New year would be a great target.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Just had a look down to BM. Temporary fencing around the end where the tin shed is going to be, hedging and trees have been cut down. Presume this will be the first thing built.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

Totally agree

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:46 pm

I think they needed to though really. People who have put money forward were understandably a bit frustrated at the lack of progress. It's a shame they haven't been able to meet it, but not the end of the world. As long as it's done by the deadline, and we're left with a suitable home that is what matters.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:25 pm

H1987 wrote:People who have put money forward were understandably a bit frustrated at the lack of progress.
Were they?

Radar

Post by Radar » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Reliably informed today the Tin Shed will be completed for the beginning of December. That's providing no problems or delays are encountered.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:03 pm

I popped down today and it seems the outer fence has been marked with the supports up in place

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:22 pm

This water pipe is a real issue, has anybody queried how much it would cost to move it? Fans may be able to dig a new ditch, which may reduce the costs of moving the pipe, so that it doesn't influence future ground developments.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:This water pipe is a real issue, has anybody queried how much it would cost to move it? Fans may be able to dig a new ditch, which may reduce the costs of moving the pipe, so that it doesn't influence future ground developments.
I seem to recall someone mentioning about £1.5 million to move the pipe. There's a bit more involved than getting a few fans out with spades.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:03 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:This water pipe is a real issue, has anybody queried how much it would cost to move it? Fans may be able to dig a new ditch, which may reduce the costs of moving the pipe, so that it doesn't influence future ground developments.
I seem to recall someone mentioning about £1.5 million to move the pipe. There's a bit more involved than getting a few fans out with spades.
Of course I realise that, but we can help to reduce the cost. But it is a lot of money, but one day we may not have any option but to move it.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 am

That is the funniest thing I've read on here in ages. Well done Pete

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:11 am

I'd guess it's quite a large diameter pipe, and laid several feet under the ground, so a trench for that would need to be dug out by machine, with all the HSE measures which come along with that operation.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:55 am

divas wrote:Spot on re: perspective.

Who wouldn't have taken our current position in Aug 2012?
Yep, would have bitten your hand off back in 2012.

The work starting at BM just tops it off, took a lot of work from a lot of people to get us to this stage. Being back in Darlington and maybe in and around the play-offs would be a fantastic season.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Whingers Whinging about Whingers Whinging.

Then we get the water pipe fantasy issue again!

Tinshed steel erection and sheeting should take days not months.

Grass re-seeding and growing should take the longest time of the few jobs required.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Hundreds of thousands of pounds Pete. That's how much Reynolds paid to divert it around the arena and he got his own guys in.
We are not talking a normal water pipe here, can I just be clear on that. It is never going to be moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:49 pm

We all know Darlo Pete is a first class tool

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:25 am

I sometimes think Pete's account has been hacked or perhaps it's just that he doesn't think before he posts.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:11 am

Love darlo Pete. He helps remind us all how lucky we are having such a great bunch of folk running our club.