New Shirt Sales

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

New Shirt Sales

Post by Gow9900 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 am

New shirts for this season selling like hot cakes, apparently around 700 have been sold with more to be ordered to meet demand.

Outstanding sales, and a great revenue builder for the club. I don't know how many we sold when we were a full time league club, but I can't imagine it was much more than the number we have shifted so far.

Be interesting to know how many season ticket holders we have including the 500 club sales as well.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: New Shirt Sales

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:42 am

Gow9900 wrote:New shirts for this season selling like hot cakes, apparently around 700 have been sold with more to be ordered to meet demand.

Outstanding sales, and a great revenue builder for the club. I don't know how many we sold when we were a full time league club, but I can't imagine it was much more than the number we have shifted so far.

Be interesting to know how many season ticket holders we have including the 500 club sales as well.
It's great that they're selling well, I do think they need to order more when they put in orders... They got a batch in Friday and sold them all... I was going to pop down now from work (in Middlesbrough) but the most common sizes sold out over the weekend.... I'm literally going to ring every day from now on... as good as it is, they may sell even more if they ordered more.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:02 am

We've been down and got ours today. Bigger cut compared to last season. So still in an XL even after the gluttony of our holiday. Last years kit was getting a bit cosy. The same size this season and I can easily fit it over a hoodie. There was no XXL in today, but all other sizes available. The volunteers all as helpful as ever.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:58 pm

dickdarlington wrote:We've been down and got ours today. Bigger cut compared to last season. So still in an XL even after the gluttony of our holiday. Last years kit was getting a bit cosy. The same size this season and I can easily fit it over a hoodie. There was no XXL in today, but all other sizes available. The volunteers all as helpful as ever.
Did you get home or away? I rang up but they said no large in, that was about 10:30 this am...

I didn't have last season's but I did have the away shirt the season before (green and white) that's skin tight on me now so was going to go up to large but may not if these are bigger?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:05 am

I ordered a large home shirt Saturday lunchtime, and it's been delivered this morning. Thanks to those in the shop. :D :roll:

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:42 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:We've been down and got ours today. Bigger cut compared to last season. So still in an XL even after the gluttony of our holiday. Last years kit was getting a bit cosy. The same size this season and I can easily fit it over a hoodie. There was no XXL in today, but all other sizes available. The volunteers all as helpful as ever.
Did you get home or away? I rang up but they said no large in, that was about 10:30 this am...

I didn't have last season's but I did have the away shirt the season before (green and white) that's skin tight on me now so was going to go up to large but may not if these are bigger?
Green shirts were particularly snug. These are a significantly more generous cut than your away kit.

Er. We were there not long after opening. So might have been before you called.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:00 pm

dickdarlington wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Green shirts were particularly snug. These are a significantly more generous cut than your away kit.

Er. We were there not long after opening. So might have been before you called.
spoke to them this morning and they said another batch should be in this week.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:53 am

If 700 shirts have been sold that's fantastic, if an average price of say £32 then that would be £22.4k revenue granted we probably only make about a third of that but still decent revenue into the club. It also makes it worth Avec's while.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:42 am

Hopefully they will also be bringing out the updated training and lesiure wear range so we could get further sales which again would be great for the club I'm terms of revenue.
Also just think it's a nice touch that Avec are north east based and we are in some small way supporting a local business. Great way to promote the club at the heart of the community.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:32 pm

JE93 wrote:Hopefully they will also be bringing out the updated training and lesiure wear range so we could get further sales which again would be great for the club I'm terms of revenue.
Also just think it's a nice touch that Avec are north east based and we are in some small way supporting a local business. Great way to promote the club at the heart of the community.
Hmmm not sure about that, I was told today the shirts come from China... That was by staff at QR.

It's great that we're selling well, I'm just going to be a bit critical of QR... They keep ordering shirts and they sell out within half an hour... That tells me that they arent ordering enough, they know what demand's like and it's not March, it's August... Order in bulk, cut down on the delivery fees, and sell more shirts... I got there 40 mins before kick off and theyd sold out of every size bar small and XXL... Was told to go to QR at the Dolphin on Tuesday, I live in Redcar, work in Boro, Ive been down 3 times in the last two weeks and theyd sold out before I got there, one day at Half 10 (I'm now skipping out of work because if I leave it til lunch Ive got no chance). Ive asked if I can pre order, was told no, Ive gone online but you can't buy online it says out of stock... Why not let people who dont live in Darlo order online and send them out by post or even email saying theyre ready for collection... I know we have voluntary staff but this isnt time consuming it's just numbers. If it's Avec's fault then hold them to account as our kit supplier.

Sorry for the rant... :?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Darlo did very well this year with their supplying of 500 plus shirts BEFORE season start.

Those moaning could have pre-booked via the Internet, to avoid delay and fruitless visits to the club shop.

It's good that the club didn't over-order shirts on the basis of huge crowds and then have decreasing profits and space for other merchandise.

We seem to have a lot of kids home and away shirts in the shop right now.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Ok, so why not allow people to order now then? To save these fruitless visits to the shop?

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Allowing cash down with an order in person/online to secure a shirt in the next batch is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:43 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:Allowing cash down with an order in person/online to secure a shirt in the next batch is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly... But I've been told they won't do this... So I have to keep ringing, keep bunking off work to get down to QR as early as possible only to be told they sold the new batch in 10 mins... The next batch is supposed to be in Tuesday... I'm gonna take my tent and pitch it up on the doorstep of the Dolphin Centre on Monday night!! I can see the headline in the Echo "Man gets sacked buying Darlo shirt".

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Surely we must have some kind of credit agreement with Avec meaning we don't have to pay in advance. Anyway, I must admit it was lovely to see so many fans where the new kits at the match yesterday. I can't wait to buy myself a shirt

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:36 pm

love it! wrote:Surely we must have some kind of credit agreement with Avec meaning we don't have to pay in advance. Anyway, I must admit it was lovely to see so many fans where the new kits at the match yesterday. I can't wait to buy myself a shirt
It was lovely to see fair play...

sloth2

Post by sloth2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Yeah well imagine my surprise when I contacted the club yesterday (15th of August) wondering why I hadn't received my shirt yet.

Ordered it in May, and I get that Royal Mail / Auspost are notoriously shite.

But no - they've taken my money back in May and cancelled my order.

To say I am unhappy would be an understatement

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:25 pm

sloth2 wrote:Yeah well imagine my surprise when I contacted the club yesterday (15th of August) wondering why I hadn't received my shirt yet.

So the money has been taken from your account?

sloth2

Post by sloth2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:33 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
sloth2 wrote:Yeah well imagine my surprise when I contacted the club yesterday (15th of August) wondering why I hadn't received my shirt yet.

So the money has been taken from your account?
yup

But I have to give credit where, credit is due -

I know it's late at night (or early morning - depends on your perspective) over there and Lynn has fantastically sorted it out and is shipping one out tomorrow. Great response from the club :mrgreen:

Will Smith

Post by Will Smith » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:52 pm

This seasons home kit is the first I have bought since the vandenel (?) kit with the building society sponsor... This seasons home design and quality is great. Fits well too

bga

Post by bga » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:36 pm

If it helps anyone I went in to Dolphin Centre today was told next batch due hopefully Friday.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm

I've just ordered a shirt on line and payed via PayPal who have taken money.... my club shop account is stating the order has been cancelled.. waiting on a email from clubshop to confirm 1 way or other if order has gone through as conflicting information from PayPal and club.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:42 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:I've just ordered a shirt on line and payed via PayPal who have taken money.... my club shop account is stating the order has been cancelled.. waiting on a email from clubshop to confirm 1 way or other if order has gone through as conflicting information from PayPal and club.

Did you get it sorted?

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:00 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
karlo-cardiff wrote:I've just ordered a shirt on line and payed via PayPal who have taken money.... my club shop account is stating the order has been cancelled.. waiting on a email from clubshop to confirm 1 way or other if order has gone through as conflicting information from PayPal and club.

Did you get it sorted?
Still waiting...I expect I'll hear next time shop is open

sloth2

Post by sloth2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:53 am

Shirt arrived in Australia in time for the Hume vs Melbourne Victory FFA Cup match

:mrgreen:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:52 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Did you get it sorted?

Email them I got a response in a day and I reserved 2 shirts and I picked them up... Great work, can't believe something has gone wrong with ur order....

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
karlo-cardiff wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Did you get it sorted?

Email them I got a response in a day and I reserved 2 shirts and I picked them up... Great work, can't believe something has gone wrong with ur order....
Everything sorted around 10pm.. confirmed by Lynn in morning and shirt safety arrived yesterday.. not sure what the problem was but it was solved in a very professional manner. have to say I was impressed with the way things were handled and have tonight ordered my away shirt trouble free....looking forward to showing our clubs shirt off on the streets of Cardiff in the near future

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:20 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
karlo-cardiff wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Did you get it sorted?

Everything sorted around 10pm.. confirmed by Lynn in morning and shirt safety arrived yesterday.. not sure what the problem was but it was solved in a very professional manner. have to say I was impressed with the way things were handled and have tonight ordered my away shirt trouble free....looking forward to showing our clubs shirt off on the streets of Cardiff in the near future

Lynn is excellent, has the clubs shop working brilliantly :thumbup:

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:24 am

karlo-cardiff wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
karlo-cardiff wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:

Did you get it sorted?

Better than seeing Scumdiff shirts around that city...

TKOA II

Post by TKOA II » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Ordered the home shirt about half 7 Tuesday night and it arrived at my house in Manchester about 11am this morning. Excellent service!