Virgin Trains Deal

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Virgin Trains Deal

Post by divas » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:59 am

Anyone having problems check the email address you are using. The club sent over a list of email addresses to Virgin to validate who can access the offer.

If you are entering a different address to the one the club supplied you will get the error "the details provided are either not valid or the limit has been reached"

You can use either "Darlo" or "darlo" as the activation code

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 am

divas wrote: If you are entering a different address to the one the club supplied you will get the error "the details provided are either not valid or the limit has been reached"
I can verify Divas' explanation. I tend to use a gmail address these days and I was getting the error message. I then used my 'old' ntlworld address and that worked fine. Clearly that must have been the address I gave the Club in the past.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:14 pm

divas wrote:Anyone having problems check the email address you are using. The club sent over a list of email addresses to Virgin to validate who can access the offer.

If you are entering a different address to the one the club supplied you will get the error "the details provided are either not valid or the limit has been reached"

You can use either "Darlo" or "darlo" as the activation code
Thanks divas. I'm definitely using the same e mail address that I've given the club previously.

I've e mailed DFCSG to check what e mail address they gave (or didn't give) to Virgin.

I'm sure it's just a minor glitch and it'll get sorted out

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:26 pm

I've just tried to book return tickets Darlo to Aberdeen for next week (22nd and 25th) and 25% discount does not apply because there are no discounted seats remaining. It appears that discounted seats are limited per train and are denoted by an asterisk next to the price, so my advice is to book early!

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:06 pm

It's the last week of the Edinburgh fringe always heaving on east coast.

grytters

Post by grytters » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:13 pm

It might also be worth remembering Virgin EC are running their own promotion for 50% discounts on their own tickets.

(I think this expires this week, but tickets can be booked in advance up until at least October - if you're on their mailing list, you'll already have received this)
Bring Back the Quarters

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Q8Quaker wrote:I've just tried to book return tickets Darlo to Aberdeen for next week (22nd and 25th) and 25% discount does not apply because there are no discounted seats remaining. It appears that discounted seats are limited per train and are denoted by an asterisk next to the price, so my advice is to book early!
Have you tried booking Darlo to Berwick (or beyond), and just paying full fare for the last leg of your trip? I always find it cheaper booking in stages than for a through trip. :roll:

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:35 pm

joejaques wrote:
Q8Quaker wrote:I've just tried to book return tickets Darlo to Aberdeen for next week (22nd and 25th) and 25% discount does not apply because there are no discounted seats remaining. It appears that discounted seats are limited per train and are denoted by an asterisk next to the price, so my advice is to book early!
Have you tried booking Darlo to Berwick (or beyond), and just paying full fare for the last leg of your trip? I always find it cheaper booking in stages than for a through trip. :roll:
Thanks for the response - It doesn't really matter to me for this trip as its paid for by work. The purpose of my original message was because I hadn't realized the offer was limited to certain seat allocations and / or trains and others may be of the same mind. I can't see anything written in the Virgin Ts & Cs that explains this position.
When booking, you are not told if the discount is not applicable and may not realize you are paying full price. I only knew because I checked against booking the same trip without going through the offer page and the price was identical.