Billingham Synthonia 0 - 5 Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Sidarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Billingham Synthonia 0 - 5 Darlington

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Good performance tonight with most of the squad getting at least 45 minutes.
Brown, Nightingale, Gaskell, Mitchell and Hardy the scorers.

Of the new players Marrs and Nightingale both played 45 and looked very good. J.Watson played over half the game after coming on for Galbraith.

Harrison Scott played RB in the second half, not sure if he is on trial?

Quick report on the game, https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2016/ ... arlington/

Also report from the official site.
http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/car ... r-quakers/

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Re: Billingham Synthonia 0 - 5 Darlington

Post by Curry_LG » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Was at your game tonight. Thought both sides played well. Think you guys have a strong squad. Liked the look of your no 11 whomever he was. Good luck for the season

piggy

Post by piggy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:33 am

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:11 am

piggy wrote:Goals up on official site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XANIeRKGhyo
Bit of sloppy defending by the opposition but some nice movement and goals in there.

Should be interesting to see how our new-look team gets on against the Newcastle XI on Saturday. Should be a good contest.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:49 am

Enjoyed my first preseason match, Nightingale stood out for me looks a good player,
a game of two (halves as they say) a lot of long balls up to Purewal in the first half which didn't work as there CB was to strong for him, second half a lot more on the ground play which worked well, excellent work out.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 am

Did hunter play? Don't seem to remember him getting much action so far this pre season but I might be wrong.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:37 am

Hunter was there but not used. One point I noted, the last BS substitute appeared to be playing in spectacles. (Good shot of him taking a throw in leading to our 3rd goal.)
I have never seen this at any senior level. ?? Is it not dangerous for him and opposition?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:10 am

poppyfield wrote:Enjoyed my first preseason match, Nightingale stood out for me looks a good player,
a game of two (halves as they say) a lot of long balls up to Purewal in the first half which didn't work as there CB was to strong for him, second half a lot more on the ground play which worked well, excellent work out.
Long balls didn't seem to do much at Buxton & Harrogate. We need to sign an experienced target man for such tactics. RWB Harrison Scott is a trialist from Newton Aycliffe and although a bit lightweight he looks composed.

Other trialist RM Winder from Lancaster City has looked like a good prospect, but he may be trying his luck elsewhere.

No sign of Wearmouth?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:46 am

tezza wrote:Hunter was there but not used. One point I noted, the last BS substitute appeared to be playing in spectacles. (Good shot of him taking a throw in leading to our 3rd goal.)
I have never seen this at any senior level. ?? Is it not dangerous for him and opposition?
Didn't Edgar Davids play in tinted glasses towards the end of his career?

I think they had to be approved and made of special material so they did not shatter etc

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:43 am

spen666 wrote:
tezza wrote:Hunter was there but not used. One point I noted, the last BS substitute appeared to be playing in spectacles. (Good shot of him taking a throw in leading to our 3rd goal.)

I think they had to be approved and made of special material so they did not shatter etc
They do... I use them because I can't put contacts in... Mine are Oakley

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:23 pm

spen666 wrote:

Edgar Davids had glaucoma & had to use tinted goggle type specs 8-) .... Nothing like the Rose Tinted glasses that Spendy Town fans have on over their clubs funding :ugeek:

Curry_LG
Team Supported: Spennymoor & Notts County

Post by Curry_LG » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:08 pm

footifan wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Edgar Davids had glaucoma & had to use tinted goggle type specs 8-) .... Nothing like the Rose Tinted glasses that SPENNY Town fans have on over their clubs funding :ugeek:
You appear to have misspelled Spenny there, sir. I've kindly corrected it for you. Thanks :D

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Curry_LG wrote:
footifan wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Edgar Davids had glaucoma & had to use tinted goggle type specs 8-) .... Nothing like the Rose Tinted glasses that SPENNY Town fans have on over their clubs funding :ugeek:
You appear to have misspelled Spenny there, sir. I've kindly corrected it for you.

Thank you politeness is always appreciated, two things you need to understand...

I was correct in the spelling & I find it odd that Spendy fans trawl this site as if we were were rivals ...
Sir you were just a passing... I wish you well but you are no more rivals than Shildon or West Auckland....
WE appreciate the kindness of your owner :clap: in helping out last season, but beyond that there is no real link...Well apart for your managers liking for ex Darlo players. :o

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 am

Exactly my thought, unless the rules have changed then spectacles are not allowed in professional football. Although Poolie players often make a spectacle of themselves, which is allowed.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:39 am

RUMPLESTILTSKIN wrote:
Exactly my thought, unless the rules have changed then spectacles are not allowed in professional football. Although Poolie players often make a spectacle of themselves, which is allowed.
Good job neither team plays professional football then!