darlo reborn

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

darlo reborn

Post by onewayup » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:43 am

Malicious, vindictive ,rumours do much more than harm our club ,it destroys the good will,and soul of the volunteers who are doing their upmost to get this club back home.
True facts are all that we need to hear,not the bile that you are posting.the volunteers need all the encouragement that we as a fans can give them,

quaker4life

Re: darlo reborn

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Shut up.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:36 pm

onewayup wrote:Malicious, vindictive ,rumours do much more than harm our club ,it destroys the good will,and soul of the volunteers who are doing their upmost to get this club back home.
True facts are all that we need to hear,not the bile that you are posting.the volunteers need all the encouragement that we as a fans can give them,
Well said :clap:

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:20 pm

quaker4life wrote:Shut up.
Another that never appears until they're some potential doom and gloom. Weird.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Should be renamed " quaker needs life "

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Undercovered wrote:
Another that never appears until they're some potential doom and gloom. Weird.
:crazy:

I don't frequent this board as much these days and when I come back there's always someone who reminds me why.

You'll find I'm not the one who started the rumour about a contractor pulling out, nor am I the one perpetuating the negativity.

If I feel it worthwhile to respond (which isn't often) I will log in and do so, this was one of those occasions.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Quaker4life,what is your problem,

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 pm

It was not meant to be malicious it was just something somebody mentioned and I put it on here because I am concerned about our future.
Someone else may have heard the same thing I don`t know

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Don't worry about it but bear in mind that the DFCSG board members email addresses are all shown on the DFCSG site if you want to raise your concern without accidentally starting a fire... which is usually the end result of posting anything like this on here.

We need to give these folks a chance to respond before throwing a match in the fuel tank that is Darlo Uncovered:

DFCSG Board Members - Email Addresses
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm

onewayup wrote:Quaker4life,what is your problem,
Genuine concerns for the football club he/she has a passion for,and having an opinion doesn't equate to having a problem.

To date, absolutely nothing has happened in terms of work starting at BM. That's after several official statements indicating otherwise so surely people can understand why fans are finding it hard to be positive at the moment.

Personally, ive given up hope of us returning home in the short term, and just hope we manage to get everything sorted by the March deadline for national League purposes.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:21 am

Radar wrote:
Genuine concerns for the football club he/she has a passion for,and having an opinion doesn't equate to having a problem.

To date, absolutely nothing has happened in terms of work starting at BM. That's after several official statements indicating otherwise so surely people can understand why fans are finding it hard to be positive at the moment.

Personally, ive given up hope of us returning home in the short term, and just hope we manage to get everything sorted by the March deadline for national League purposes.
I agree.
This is a public forum and people are entitled to post things they hear. If what they hear is rubbish then I'm sure that the truth will out eventually.
If this is true about the contractor pulling out then it is a serious issue. The fact that nothing has been done on the pitch yet either is also a big concern otherwise there will be no chance of us playing there this year, despite announcements to the contrary.
Considering some people have put hundreds or thousands of pounds into this venture they have every right to be kept up to speed if there are further issues arising.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:01 pm

It's all about credibility of sources though, it's too easy to just post unfounded rumour which can snowball and undermine things.

As fans of a fan owned club we all have a duty to be responsible with the information we're putting into the public domain

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:25 pm

While the club should not be expected to respond to rumours that appear on here, the board were supposed to be meeting the contractor on July 1st to sign the agreement but as yet there has been no confirmation that this has happened. Sadly it is this lack of official information that creates an opportunity for rumours to spring up. While the club board are no doubt busy I would expect the DFCSG board to be kept aware of the situation so could not they issue a brief weekly update, after all the move to BM is the single most important thing this season.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:02 pm

And today news of a licence to groundshare and commercial agreements being signed. Surely it would have been stupid to begin the work before this?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Patients is a virtue, never had any doubts ,about the move back.
All systems go now let's all be positive and push Darlington coming home.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:40 am

onewayup wrote:Patients is a virtue, never had any doubts ,about the move back.
All systems go now let's all be positive and push Darlington coming home.
Bloody hell!!! Are we getting a doctors surgery as well :lol: :lol:

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:46 am

There are definitely several posters on this forum who would benefit from a trip to see a psychiatrist.
:D

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:56 am

loan_star wrote:
Radar wrote:

I agree.
This is a public forum and people are entitled to post things they hear. If what they hear is rubbish then I'm sure that the truth will out eventually.
If this is true about the contractor pulling out then it is a serious issue. The fact that nothing has been done on the pitch yet either is also a big concern otherwise there will be no chance of us playing there this year, despite announcements to the contrary.
Considering some people have put hundreds or thousands of pounds into this venture they have every right to be kept up to speed if there are further issues arising.
Just to pick up on the pitch - Ray Simpson did an interview on BBC Tees yesterday. He said that only minor work will be done on pitch now, with full redevelopment of pitch to follow in next close season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0418kg9

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Radar wrote:

I agree.
Just to pick up on the pitch - Ray Simpson did an interview on BBC Tees yesterday. He said that only minor work will be done on pitch now, with full redevelopment of pitch to follow in next close season.

This worries me, lack of time has surely driven the club to accept a pitch, that might not be up to the standard required, especially when we get some bad weather. This should have been avoided.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Radar wrote:

I agree.

This worries me, lack of time has surely driven the club to accept a pitch, that might not be up to the standard required, especially when we get some bad weather. This should have been avoided.
OK Pete, here what you are saying...How could we have avoided this?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Another post (from darlo-Pete) complaining but offering no alternative - and also with zero insight into the history of why decisions have to be made.

Pete - offer your time up to help take the strain off those running your club...