blackwell meadows work !!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

blackwell meadows work !!

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Just heard off someone that Richardson`s who were doing the work have pulled out don`t know how true this is but could be a big set back

Undercovered

Re: blackwell meadows work !!

Post by Undercovered » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Don't think they work Sunday's

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Sounds to me like they won`t be working any day

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Never mind the bollocks

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:25 pm

IF this is true we need to find someone else ASAP. Don't know how long it takes to grow a football pitch but there must be some point when it is too late to sow seed and get good growth. Worryingly it is now over a week since, according to the N.Echo, the board were meeting the contractor to sign the deal but there has been no official confirmation of this.
Nobody wants daily updates but regular updates would be helpful at the stage in things as people are starting to worry after all the delays we have already had.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:46 pm

It's only a matter of time before they put us out of our misery and announce that we are returning to the Arena.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:01 pm

We are saying at bishop until Blackwell is complete.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:We are saying at bishop until Blackwell is complete.
Indefinitely*
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:04 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Darlo1235 wrote:We are saying at bishop until Blackwell is complete.
Indefinitely*
Until the club come forward with an official statement, it's just a rumour and a worrying one at that.
Hopefully we get sorted before the March deadline set by the National League.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 am

Dial 'A' anyone?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:48 am

If this is the case, it's another unfortunate set back, but not insurmountable. For every stage of the project, the two clubs have had to get at least three quotes for the work required. This is a stipulation of the grant applications. If one contractor pulls out, it would be a case of engaging with another vendor.

We have a number of considerable grants in place all linked to Blackwell, as well as a considerable amount of time spent by multiple parties (including the council). To look elsewhere would require the full amount of these grants to be paid back, before the consideration of monies already used. Any project like gets caught up in the paperwork and red tape because there are so many signataries required and hoops to jump through.

The Arena is not on the cards. Our short to medium term future is at Blackwell. The frustrations around the timescales don't change that.

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 am

If people think we will ever be playing at Blackwell Meadows it's not going to happen. The club have been trying to get a short term lease at the arena and also looking to try and get a long term lease at the arena as well if the Blackwell plans were to fall apart in the next few weeks

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:33 am

davidcurrieclass wrote:If people think we will ever be playing at Blackwell Meadows it's not going to happen. The club have been trying to get a short term lease at the arena and also looking to try and get a long term lease at the arena as well if the Blackwell plans were to fall apart in the next few weeks
If that proves to be the case all monies invested should be returned.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 am

dickdarlington wrote:If this is the case, it's another unfortunate set back, but not insurmountable. For every stage of the project, the two clubs have had to get at least three quotes for the work required. This is a stipulation of the grant applications. If one contractor pulls out, it would be a case of engaging with another vendor.
Exactly but there is nothing which gives me confidence in the source anyway.
davidcurrieclass wrote:If people think we will ever be playing at Blackwell Meadows it's not going to happen.
Why not - as things stand everything points to it will happen except a random rumour and your comment.

All investment has been pointed at Blackwell (fans and FA), that is where council support is directed, that is the topic of meetings which are likely taking place between the Football Club and Rugby Club.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:44 am

I really sympathise with the directors at the moment and would not like to be in their shoes.

Rumours, founded or unfounded, which go very much to the heart of the short to medium term future are in the public domain. There are doubtless all sorts of things going on behind the scenes. Anything said now can probably only be inconclusive and could add fire to the uncertainty. Not to say anything now is going to worry people the longer any silence continues.

Whatever else you do or think, feel for the directors and wish them well.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 pm

quaker4life wrote:
davidcurrieclass wrote:If people think we will ever be playing at Blackwell Meadows it's not going to happen. The club have been trying to get a short term lease at the arena and also looking to try and get a long term lease at the arena as well if the Blackwell plans were to fall apart in the next few weeks
Which investments are those then?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:19 pm

dsr wrote:I really sympathise with the directors at the moment and would not like to be in their shoes.

Rumours, founded or unfounded, which go very much to the heart of the short to medium term future are in the public domain. There are doubtless all sorts of things going on behind the scenes. Anything said now can probably only be inconclusive and could add fire to the uncertainty. Not to say anything now is going to worry people the longer any silence continues.

Whatever else you do or think, feel for the directors and wish them well.
There's always been an element of our supporter base who want things to fail and take some kind of perverse delight in spreading s***, God knows why, unfortunately they're usually the ones who shout the loudest.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Undercovered wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
The £350k total raised for the ground development, the original £250k in 2015 and the £100k raised this year.

If this were to happen then they have not delivered on the BM development as it was intended for and should be returned to those who invested into it.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:56 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Undercovered wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
The £350k total raised for the ground development, the original £250k in 2015 and the £100k raised this year.

If this were to happen then they have not delivered on the BM development as it was intended for and should be returned to those who invested into it.
The £100K raised this year has not been taken.

The original £250K was raised by people choosing to buy a 5 year season ticket to support the club - they have received their ticket and are already experiencing huge savings on buying 5 seperate tickets. These are fans who will support the club whatever the weather. Even if they could I'd be amazed if anyone would choose a refund.

Amazingly there are people out there that want to do things for the good of the club and don't get their knickers in a twist constantly thankfully. It's usually those people who are the quiet majority funily enough.

If you'd invested in either you'd know the facts....very good on you to be so thoughtful of your fellow fan though.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Undercovered wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
Undercovered wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

The original £250K was raised by people choosing to buy a 5 year season ticket to support the club - they have received their ticket and are already experiencing huge savings on buying 5 seperate tickets. These are fans who will support the club whatever the weather. Even if they could I'd be amazed if anyone would choose a refund.

Amazingly there are people out there that want to do things for the good of the club and don't get their knickers in a twist constantly thankfully. It's usually those people who are the quiet majority funily enough.

If you'd invested in either you'd know the facts....very good on you to be so thoughtful of your fellow fan though.
:roll:

It's a simple concept.

Regardless of whether someone bought into the 500 club or pledged it is irrelevant, there is one fact you seem to be unable to grasp, the money raised was intended for the development of Blackwell Meadows and nothing else.

If they do not deliver on the project then said funds should be returned to those people who invested into it whether it was the 500 club or via pledges, it's their money and it was not put to it's intended use, are you able to comprehend this?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:19 pm

Which bit don't you get regarding pledges - they are exactly that - pledges. If the BM move doesn't happen then they cannot legally be collected - I've already told you that. No one has parted with any cash yet.

As for the 500 club - legally everyone has got what they paid for - a 5 year season ticket. Nowhere did it specifically say it would be in Darlington. Yes, of course that was the assumption. As I've said - find more than 1 or 2 who would want their money back and I'd be utterly amazed - no one is kicking up a fuss that has bought these tickets, but like i said, good on you for sticking up for them...

What you are actually proposing is that the club is wound up as there is no way the season tickets could be repaid anyway as a portion of the money is spent. Thankfully you're not running the club or representative of the vast majority.

Oh and by the way, you're going to be disappointed re BM very soon.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:24 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Undercovered wrote:
quaker4life wrote:[

:roll:

It's a simple concept.

Regardless of whether someone bought into the 500 club or pledged it is irrelevant, there is one fact you seem to be unable to grasp, the money raised was intended for the development of Blackwell Meadows and nothing else.

If they do not deliver on the project then said funds should be returned to those people who invested into it whether it was the 500 club or via pledges, it's their money and it was not put to it's intended use, are you able to comprehend this?
How do you issue a refund to 500 club members when they've already had access to a whole season of home games as part of that investment?

Like the previous person said, these people bought a five year season ticket. Yes the money was intended to go towards Blackwell Meadows, and hopefully it still will. However, these people bought a five year season ticket. Do you suggest then that we refund them 4-years worth minus the saving they made by buying 5 season tickets up front? I doubt any of them would accept that anyway.

What your saying ridiculous. Do we suggest that people who buy a season ticket thinking their money is going towards paying for a title-winning squad should be refunded if we don't win the title?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Undercovered wrote:Which bit don't you get regarding pledges - they are exactly that - pledges. If the BM move doesn't happen then they cannot legally be collected - I've already told you that. No one has parted with any cash yet.

As for the 500 club - legally everyone has got what they paid for - a 5 year season ticket. Nowhere did it specifically say it would be in Darlington. Yes, of course that was the assumption. As I've said - find more than 1 or 2 who would want their money back and I'd be utterly amazed - no one is kicking up a fuss that has bought these tickets, but like i said, good on you for sticking up for them...

What you are actually proposing is that the club is wound up as there is no way the season tickets could be repaid anyway as a portion of the money is spent. Thankfully you're not running the club or representative of the vast majority.

Oh and by the way, you're going to be disappointed re BM very soon.

Well Said. Patience and faith in the board is required.

Is the reconnection with The Arena well intentioned as it is,.. an own goal ? .. Speculation was almost certain to follow.
it certainly has been hijacked by the half empty brigade to raise all manner of conspiracies, unfounded rumours. I heard we had already signed a contract foe "Georgey Porgy Pies"

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:33 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Just heard off someone that Richardson`s who were doing the work have pulled out don`t know how true this is but could be a big set back

"don't know how true it is" but i will put it out there to cause mischief , says it all

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:40 pm

tezza wrote:"don't know how true it is" but i will put it out there to cause mischief , says it all
Exactly unless your source is someone who is unquestionably in the know then you are spreading unfounded rumour.

The Blackwell move is clearly progressing regardless of the friendlies at the Arena.

It has been officially reported that work is continuing with the rugby club and the relevant parties since it was known we would be playing friendlies at the arena.

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Undercovered wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

Quaker 4 life???????........more like poolieindisguise :roll:

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:16 pm

davidcurrieclass wrote:If people think we will ever be playing at Blackwell Meadows it's not going to happen.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Top work that. :lol: :lol: :lol: Took 36 hours to make a fool of yourself. Well done.
The Directors of Darlington Football Club and Darlington Rugby Club are pleased to announce that the “Licence to Groundshare” at Blackwell Meadows and the commercial agreements have been signed today. This will trigger the return of the Football Club to its home at Darlington within Blackwell Meadows.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Blackwell Meadows Statement from the DFCSG

Darlington FC Supporters Group are delighted that the final hurdles to construction beginning at Blackwell Meadows have now been overcome and the Club has signed a licence to play football back in the town. The DFCSG has been working closely with the Football Club over the past few weeks to rubber stamp the deal which is a culmination of a huge amount of hard work and resilience behind the scenes from Football Club, Rugby Club and Council officials.

The planning for the proposed move to Blackwell Meadows started over three years ago; in that time the Club has been subject to a large amount of change at Board level, this, coupled with no less than seven separate entities having an interest in the project has meant negotiations have been incredibly complex and time consuming.

The DFCSG’s conditions for triggering the Community Share pledges have also been satisfied by the latest developments and we will now be contacting all pledgees individually over the next couple of days to trigger the 7 days’ notice which is required to release payment.

It is a hugely exciting period for the Club but we should remember that this is just the beginning of the journey and there still lay many challenges ahead. Playing at Heritage Park brings its own revenue challenges and we urge all fans to continue attending and to bring new and lapsed fans to games at Bishop Auckland rather than waiting for our return to Darlington.

Please also come along to the home friendlies and grab your season tickets ASAP to enable the Club to generate vital income needed for the forthcoming season it’s hugely important.

Wayne Raper
DFCSG Chair
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

davidcurrieclass

Post by davidcurrieclass » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 am

I wont believe it till actually happens, we've had statements like this for about the last 2 years. To be honest I'm dispointed in this news as that means we will never get in the football league. Before anyone jumps in I'm not saying we have any divine right to be a league club and that we would get the 2 promotions for the league. BUT being at Blackwell Means we will never ever get in the football league unless some how a few million quid is magically produced to make it a 5000 capacity stadium that actually looks like a ground