2016-17 Gate prices and season ticket details announced

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Gow9900
Team Supported: Darlington

2016-17 Gate prices and season ticket details announced

Post by Gow9900 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Darlogramps

Re: 2016-17 Gate prices and season ticket details announced

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Rise to £12 is understandable, but won't be popular. Something non-season ticket holders will just have to stomach.

Probably the most interesting paragraph is this:
Once the final plans and construction budget has been agreed, a limited number of seated tickets if available will be sold on a first come basis for a premium of £30 over the advertised season ticket prices. These will be valid for the games commencing at Blackwell Meadows, which is envisaged to be in late August / early September 2016.
So the final plans and construction budget aren't yet agreed, and it now might be as late as September before we move back.

Again, these delays won't go down well.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu May 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Rise to £12 is understandable, but won't be popular. Something non-season ticket holders will just have to stomach.

Once the final plans and construction budget has been agreed, a limited number of seated tickets if available will be sold on a first come basis for a premium of £30 over the advertised season ticket prices. These will be valid for the games commencing at Blackwell Meadows, which is envisaged to be in late August / early September 2016.
So the final plans and construction budget aren't yet agreed, and it now might be as late as September before we move back.

I'd reckon January time knowing Darlo as we do...

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu May 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote: So the final plans and construction budget aren't yet agreed, and it now might be as late as September before we move back.

I would accept a delay if it meant everything was completely properly before we move.

The main things is we get home.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Rise to £12 is understandable, but won't be popular.
The £12 is a bog standard price for this level. And it's £6 less (£4 less if you pay £2 extra to sit) than what we were paying four years ago and at just one level higher.

If we charge £12, yes it's completely understandable, and to be honest if some people turn out to be not happy about us charging a fair and good value price of £12 - then those people would be absolute bells.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 26, 2016 6:19 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Rise to £12 is understandable, but won't be popular. Something non-season ticket holders will just have to stomach.

I'd reckon January time knowing Darlo as we do...
Got to admit i'm concerned about how it's dragging on but to be honest it must be an absolute nightmare to get everything done properly and also in good time.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 26, 2016 6:22 pm

I think £12 is a reasonable price for the level we're playing at, can't see why there'd be many complaints?!

darlocity
Team Supported: Darlington-Man City

Post by darlocity » Thu May 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Happy enough with the price. I'm sure some will moan though.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm

AndyPark wrote:I think £12 is a reasonable price for the level we're playing at, can't see why there'd be many complaints?!
Because people want to pay peanuts, yet they still want and demand the club put a successful team on the pitch but don't seem to understand that we need the money from gate receipts to do this.

I believe Stockport are charging £15 this season, and a few others might even be charging more.

Our pricing is very sensible, and as said earlier on this thread, the standard price for this league.

Think the club have got the pricing right. £45 for a kids season ticket is great value. For example, it means a dad can buy himself and his lad season tickets for a combined costs of £255.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Rise to £12 is understandable, but won't be popular.
The £12 is a bog standard price for this level. And it's £6 less (£4 less if you pay £2 extra to sit) than what we were paying four years ago and at just one level higher.

If we charge £12, yes it's completely understandable, and to be honest if some people turn out to be not happy about us charging a fair and good value price of £12 - then those people would be absolute bells.
I don't disagree. But human nature is to get something for as little as possible. No one likes paying more for anything.

The rise isn't just understandable, it'll be essential given club operating costs will increase. By the looks of things, we'll have a bigger squad next season, which obviously will cost more.

But there will be people who don't take into account the £18 we were paying at the Arena, and will just see it as another ticket price increase.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Yes, because some people are unreasonable bells.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 26, 2016 6:50 pm

It is quite a jump, especially in the price of the season ticket. From £150 for an early season ticket last season to £210 for the new season, for 2 less games is significant.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:It is quite a jump, especially in the price of the season ticket. From £150 for an early season ticket last season to £210 for the new season, for 2 less games is significant.
Or a non-unreasonable bell way of looking at it is a significant increase in quality that we are going to be facing, and you pay more to watch a higher and better level of football.

I would only call it a significant jump had we stayed in the Evostik and put prices up to the new level.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu May 26, 2016 6:58 pm

£12 is the standard price at this level so it isn't unreasonable but it still seems quite a lot for conf. North football.

I'm unsure why our concession rate starts at 60, not 65 like most other clubs. Seems an obvious and uncontroversial thing to raise to generate a bit of extra revenue.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu May 26, 2016 7:15 pm

lets get the building and ground completed before we move to blackwell,i have always believed that we would not be there till at least august bank holiday weekend ,
which is about right. all systems go .you'll always get those who are not happy but thats life. :thumbup: price,s are right for the club as we are fan owned .no good bleating on about it ,it is what it is.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu May 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Probably about fair enough. I think anything above £12 would be pushing it and would put some people off who we might just be able to attract next season. Concessions up a quid. Both increases mitigated for most by it being just a hell of a lot easier to get to BM next season than it was dragging out to Bishop.

Really looking forward to the season starting and getting back to town.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Gow9900 wrote:Think the club have got the pricing right. £45 for a kids season ticket is great value. For example, it means a dad can buy himself and his lad season tickets for a combined costs of £255.
Girls are welcome too :)

The pricing seems fair. The car parking needs to be sensible now - Any more than £3 per game will (in my view) be counterproductive.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Fri May 27, 2016 12:10 am

Depends if we have a home game in late August so if not it should be early September... well that's what I think it means. If it is in early September, as long as its done properly then I hope people don't mind too much.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 27, 2016 7:56 am

notgnilrad wrote:

Depends if we have a home game in late August so if not it should be early September... well that's what I think it means. If it is in early September, as long as its done properly then I hope people don't mind too much.
Watch out - drumbanger alert.

The club have long targeted August Bank Holiday as the moving back date.

Now September is being mentioned.

This is quite clearly the club "managing expectations" by mentioning September as a possible start date.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Fri May 27, 2016 8:26 am

Darlogramps wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:

The club have long targeted August Bank Holiday as the moving back date.

Now September is being mentioned.

This is quite clearly the club "managing expectations" by mentioning September as a possible start date.

What is a drumbanger Gramps. :lol:

I'm just thinking positive that's all, just happy that we are coming home. :thumbup:

Carl Airey

Post by Carl Airey » Fri May 27, 2016 8:38 am

To me it constitutes a reduction in price as it used to cost me £5 per game on the coach to get there.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri May 27, 2016 10:27 am

We can't force the league to give us a home game on August banky Monday, so the mention of September could just mean the first home game after the bank holiday if we are away on that day. Not necessarily any change of plan. :roll:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 27, 2016 11:15 am

joejaques wrote:We can't force the league to give us a home game on August banky Monday, so the mention of September could just mean the first home game after the bank holiday if we are away on that day. Not necessarily any change of plan. :roll:
In that timeframe, there are 14 weeks to get everything completed to be ready for "early September".

The club have admitted final plans and a construction budget haven't been agreed, and as we know, work hasn't yet started at Blackwell.

So the longer it goes on without any work actually starting at BM, the more unlikely that 14 week timeframe becomes. Obviously the ground itself has until March 2017 to be fully up to Grade B standard, but it has to be usable, safe and at a reasonable standard to cope with thousands of fans in 14 weeks.

This isn't a criticism as obviously it's not an easy task to get the work done, but I think this is a clear attempt at managing fans' expectations.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Fri May 27, 2016 11:50 am

Don't think we can finalise the construction budget until all the pledges are collected and we know exactly how much money we have. Then, if there is over the original target, we will need to decide how to spend that money. MG will probably want to spend it on the pitch, the board may prefer extra seats as they generate more income.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Just a quick question when would season tickets being avalible to be picked up, dose it depend on when you buy it.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Just a quick question when would season tickets being avalible to be picked up, dose it depend on when you buy it.
It dose not they should be available all the same time as usual

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:15 pm

How many do you think we will sell, hopefully it's around the 2k mark.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:How many do you think we will sell, hopefully it's around the 2k mark.
If we sell that many I'd be asking where the other 1400 have been for 4 years

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:39 pm

I think the club have got all of the prices set exactly right for next season :thumbup:

$al£ord prices below make interesting reading

2016-2017 TURNSTILE ADMISSION PRICES
Standard £7.00

2016-2017 SEASON TICKET PRICES
"Early Bird" offer - All tickets must be ordered and paid for by 30th June 2016
Standard: £75.00
FORZA DARLO

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 27, 2016 8:44 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
Darlo1235 wrote:How many do you think we will sell, hopefully it's around the 2k mark.
If we sell that many I'd be asking where the other 1400 have been for 4 years
Agree with you Pete, I'd be delighted if we got a 1000 season ticket holders, 800 is probably more realistic.