The Squad

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

The Squad

Post by poppyfield » Sat May 21, 2016 9:05 am

The squad so far looks very strong, 22 players MG has said he wants another striker to replace Armstrong. We are going to need a bigger squad than last season, (we ran with 18 last time and towards the end of the season we kept just enough fit to carry it through) so just wondering how it will pan out as anybody leaving etc. or out on loan.
There is speculation around Alan White, I hope he will stay in some capacity, coaching/fitness maybe, keep him on the books as a player just in case.

GK
Pete Jameson
Mark Bell

Defenders
Gary Brown
Kevin Burgess
Alan White
Chris Hunter
Liam Marrs
Matty Lovegreen
Jordan Watson
Terry Galbraith

Midfielders
Arran Wearmouth
Lewis Nightingale
Phil Turnbull
Adam Nowakowski
Adam Mitchell
Tom Portas
Leon Scott
Stephen Thompson

Strikers
Liam Hardy
Lee Gaskell
Amar Purewal
Nathan Cartman
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Ingleby

Re: The Squad

Post by Ingleby » Sat May 21, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm guessing Paul Weldon has gone so rightly not included. Not sure why nobody announced it. Same with Gaskell. Is he staying or going?
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat May 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Ingleby wrote:I'm guessing Paul Weldon has gone so rightly not included. Not sure why nobody announced it. Same with Gaskell. Is he staying or going?
To be honest I missed Paul Weldon, I shouldn't have done as he had a fantastic game at Whitby.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 21, 2016 4:01 pm

poppyfield wrote:The squad so far looks very strong, 22 players MG has said he wants another striker to replace Armstrong. We are going to need a bigger squad than last season, (we ran with 18 last time and towards the end of the season we kept just enough fit to carry it through) so just wondering how it will pan out as anybody leaving etc. or out on loan.
There is speculation around Alan White, I hope he will stay in some capacity, coaching/fitness maybe, keep him on the books as a player just in case.

GK
Pete Jameson
Mark Bell

Defenders
Gary Brown
Kevin Burgess
Alan White
Chris Hunter
Liam Marrs
Matty Lovegreen
Jordan Watson
Terry Galbraith

Midfielders
Arran Wearmouth
Lewis Nightingale
Phil Turnbull
Adam Nowakowski
Adam Mitchell
Tom Portas
Leon Scott
Stephen Thompson

Strikers
Liam Hardy
Lee Gaskell
Amar Purewal
Nathan Cartman
Defence looks sound, although I dont expect Whitey to stay in the reckoning and Galbraith & Marrs may play more time in midfield. If the latter is so, then midfield looks to be well manned.

With Gaskell's signing in doubt, potential injuries and potential interest from other clubs then we seem to need another experienced striker.

Youth team strikers may need some loaning out, before inclusion in the squad, to pick up vital experience playing with and against seniors.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Galbraith & Marrs may play more time in midfield.
I find this unlikely where in midfield does Marrs play? I have only ever seen and heard him playing right back?

We have 2x RM and 2x LM (Mitchell, Nightingale, Thompson & Wearmouth) at what point are Marrs and Galbraith going to go into midfield?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:28 pm

I think it's a fair point for Galbraith. Gives us a more defensive option at LM should we need it. Athletic enough to get up and down the pitch, good and strong when defending and also has a quality delivery. Don't see Mars playing in midfield though.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:38 pm

If you looked at every players favoured position we have exactly 2 men for each position.

GK - Jameson/Bell
RB - Marrs/Lovegreen
RCB - Brown/Hunter
LCB - Burgess/White
LB - Watson/Galbratih
RM - Mitchell/Wearmouth
RCM - Turnbull/Nowakowski
LCM - Portas/Scott
LM - Thompson/Nightingale
ST - Cartman/Purewal
ST - Hardy/Gaskell

Anyone comes in now you can probably bet one of the players in the same role goes.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Mouthwatering.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun May 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Beano wrote:Mouthwatering.
Pervert!