Work at Blackwell Meadows

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Work at Blackwell Meadows

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Has work started yet? if not why not?

lo36789

Re: Work at Blackwell Meadows

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:if not why not?
I heard there maybe panda conservation issues with the site which need to be ironed out.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Because of the EU referendum

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:26 pm

because Spen was part of our legal team and it turns out he's useless

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Tue May 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Rugby club start work on the car park next week. We may also be starting next week but more likely the following week. Panic over.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 17, 2016 3:16 pm

I was told it starts after bank holiday.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:19 pm

lo36789 wrote:

If I was part of the DFC legal team I would have ensured that when buying the club it bought the most important asset - the football share

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:38 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

If I was part of the DFC legal team I would have ensured that when buying the club it bought the most important asset - the football share
Fuck off Spen!

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue May 17, 2016 3:52 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

You say that as if the people who were involved didn't try to do this. Go on then, what could you have done that they did not?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
spen666 wrote:

You say that as if the people who were involved didn't try to do this. Go on then, what could you have done that they did not?
Don't bite. It's what he wants you to do.

The fact the mods allow him to troll speaks volumes.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue May 17, 2016 4:04 pm

It's even worse that it's such a long wait til the new season. He must be retired....

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:28 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Spen you couldn't even get yourself off a private parking ticket...the more likely outcome is you'd have ended up gifting the deeds to your house to Raj Singh in a failed attempt to bargain him down on debt owed.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Spen's been having terrible trouble with Autoglass - and declared war on them, it's all on his blog -- where he's not pulling any punches :o
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

coles

Post by coles » Tue May 17, 2016 6:22 pm

It was announced on Saturday at the shirt presentation that work on the pitch will start in two weeks

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:28 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Spen's been having terrible trouble with Autoglass - and declared war on them, it's all on his blog -- where he's not pulling any punches :o
"I would ensure that I would get the football share" - you can't even get your car windscreen/windows fixed after 2 weeks!

I am not sure I'd trust spen in a dispute with my milkman never mind anything else.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Look, this may be/probably is..a stupid question but it's asked in all sincerity; what is/was "the football share"?
I've heard of it, and know it was an important issue when the club was sinking. Can anyone explain? I honestly don't know what this was about.
Thank you.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Look, this may be/probably is..a stupid question but it's asked in all sincerity; what is/was "the football share"?
I've heard of it, and know it was an important issue when the club was sinking. Can anyone explain? I honestly don't know what this was about.
Thank you.

This sounds like a job for Quakerz.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Look, this may be/probably is..a stupid question but it's asked in all sincerity; what is/was "the football share"?
Thank you.
The share is essentially a license/contract to play football from the FA. Crucially for us, the name on that share in 2012 was Darlington FC.

Raj Singh had ownership of the share when the 1883 rescue group were negotiating to take over after the 2012 administration.

Singh claimed to have handed over the share, but hadn't. I believe he was trying to attach conditions to signing it over (a cut of future income from the Dan Burn transfer clauses and a percentage of any money made from redeveloping the land the Arena stands on).

If I recall correctly, the 1883 group were willing to accept, but the FA wouldn't sanction the deal. So obviously the club had to follow what the FA were saying, meaning we couldn't get our hands on the share.

In turn, that meant the 1883 group had to apply for another share, with a different club name - Darlington 1883 - on it. If we didn't have a share, the club couldn't play football.

And because we had a new share with a new name on it, the FA declared they were treating us as a new club, leading to our demotion to the Northern League. (Note the word "treating" as oppose to us actually being a new club)

Put simply, if we'd got hold of the original share, we'd officially be playing under the name Darlington FC, rather than Darlington 1883.

I believe that's the crux of the issue, although if there are incorrect details, or things I've missed out, doubtless I'll be corrected.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

What could they have done? Well make it part of the contract. If the cfootball share had been part of the contract, then if it was not provided there would be a remedy for breach of contract.

Sadly, somebody dropped a bollock leaving Darlington saddled with debt needlessly.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 pm

lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Spen's been having terrible trouble with Autoglass - and declared war on them, it's all on his blog -- where he's not pulling any punches :o
"I would ensure that I would get the football share" - you can't even get your car windscreen/windows fixed after 2 weeks!

I am not sure I'd trust spen in a dispute with my milkman never mind anything else.
I was delighted about Autoglass, it meant I got free use of a hire car and put 1500 miles on a hire car instead of my own car so I benefited directly there and there is still the issue of compensation to be resolved, so I will benefit again

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 17, 2016 9:02 pm

spen666 wrote:
What could they have done? Well make it part of the contract. If the cfootball share had been part of the contract, then if it was not provided there would be a remedy for breach of contract.

Sadly, somebody dropped a bollock leaving Darlington saddled with debt needlessly.
Totally wrong (as per usual from you Spen). Raj Singh had ownership and refused to sign it over unless conditions were attached. The FA wouldn't allow us to agree to the conditions.

The 1883 rescue group were between a rock and a hard place and followed the only course of action they could.

In other words, you've just dropped a bollock again by showing no knowledge of the situation whatsoever.

Not that we'll take lectures from someone who can't even get his windscreen fixed.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 pm

spen666 wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:
spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

And how do you make it part of a contract when its owner doesn't want to sell?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 17, 2016 9:05 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

I was delighted about Autoglass, it meant I got free use of a hire car and put 1500 miles on a hire car instead of my own car so I benefited directly there and there is still the issue of compensation to be resolved, so I will benefit again

That's not the impression you give on your blog Spen. You speak with forked tongue.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 17, 2016 9:12 pm

spen666 wrote:What could they have done? Well make it part of the contract. If the cfootball share had been part of the contract, then if it was not provided there would be a remedy for breach of contract.

And if all else fails, make 4 separate complaints to their complaints department and then cry about it on your blog when they don't respond to any of them.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thank you.
The share is essentially a license/contract to play football from the FA. Crucially for us, the name on that share in 2012 was Darlington FC.

Raj Singh had ownership of the share when the 1883 rescue group were negotiating to take over after the 2012 administration.

Singh claimed to have handed over the share, but hadn't. I believe he was trying to attach conditions to signing it over (a cut of future income from the Dan Burn transfer clauses and a percentage of any money made from redeveloping the land the Arena stands on).

If I recall correctly, the 1883 group were willing to accept, but the FA wouldn't sanction the deal. So obviously the club had to follow what the FA were saying, meaning we couldn't get our hands on the share.

In turn, that meant the 1883 group had to apply for another share, with a different club name - Darlington 1883 - on it. If we didn't have a share, the club couldn't play football.

And because we had a new share with a new name on it, the FA declared they were treating us as a new club, leading to our demotion to the Northern League. (Note the word "treating" as oppose to us actually being a new club)

Put simply, if we'd got hold of the original share, we'd officially be playing under the name Darlington FC, rather than Darlington 1883.

I believe that's the crux of the issue, although if there are incorrect details, or things I've missed out, doubtless I'll be corrected.
Nicely put :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jonn

Post by jonn » Tue May 17, 2016 9:34 pm

This thread is pathetic. Could Spen and his sparring partners take their dummies away and throw them about somewhere else?

Then perhaps someone can explain why it's taking so long for work to start. The season's over, we start again in around 12 weeks, we've waited a long long time for this, where's the urgency?

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue May 17, 2016 9:52 pm

A club has to agree a CVA to emerge from administration with the "football Share". We couldn't, as the major creditor was Singh and he wouldn't agree to a CVA.

Isn't that it?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 pm

jonn wrote:This thread is pathetic. Could Spen and his sparring partners take their dummies away and throw them about somewhere else?

Then perhaps someone can explain why it's taking so long for work to start. The season's over, we start again in around 12 weeks, we've waited a long long time for this, where's the urgency?
Your sanctimonious post is pathetic.

As soon as the slightest thing doesn't go perfectly, miserable gits like you come crawling out of the woodwork to whinge.

The work couldn't start until this week as was reported in the Northern Echo.

From the Echo on April 29th: "Work is due to start on improvements at the ground once the rugby season has finished on May 16."

http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/144 ... turn_home/

It will start in due course. Perhaps having a little patience, rather than braiding the club for a lack of urgency, would be in order.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 am

As Darlogramps said it has already been publicised - as a result this thread was pointless to start with. I for one have found the sparring with Spen has made it rather more entertaining than it should have been!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:58 am

The Equalizer wrote:Fuck off Spen!
Mikky - I've just thought it would save a lot of users on this site time and effort if there was a bit of automation brought in.

Seemingly this is the reflex to anything Spen posts so I wonder if it could be automated as a response whenever he posts from users who want to opt in? Is that possible?