TEAMS in our league next season ~ announced

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: TEAMS in our league next season ~ announced

Post by spen666 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:46 pm

notgnilrad wrote:

AFC Wimbledon history now shows them winning the FA Cup so wrong again, have a look of AFC Wimbledon's history numbnuts.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/club/clubhonours/

AFC Wimbledon did not exist when Wimbledon won the FA Cup.

How can an organisation that did not exist when the FA Cup was won be the winners of it?

AFC Wimbledon can claim whatever they like, it does not make it true no matter how many times they repeat it.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:48 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:So using that "logic" does that mean you didn't play West brom in the fa cup in the thirties or get to fa trophy semi in '78?

Spennymoor Town did not play West Brom nor did they get to FA Trophy Semi Final

Spennymoor United did and they were a different club.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri May 13, 2016 3:25 pm

After spending plenty of time slagging this site off with his chums on No Brain Zone I'm surprised anyone gives a shiny shite as to what Spen has to say about anything.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri May 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Bradford Park Avenue .... the 2nd away ground I visited after the slum by the sea in Chokersville... Park Avenue was was a proper old fashioned ground, now they play at an athletic ground with a track around it sadly.

Talking of tracks.
Do Halifax still play at the Shay ?... I have fond memories of the corners of the pitch being on boards that were slid away so the speedway track could be used.
I remember John Peverall making a sliding tackle & the bloody thing moved several inches & had to be slid back... You do not see that every day :o

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Travelling stats:

Last season:

Total miles = 2936 miles
Av. Distance = 128 miles
Av. Time = 2 hrs 10 mins

Next season:

Total miles = 2777 miles
Av. Distance = 132 miles
Av. Time = 2 hrs 12 mins

All trips measured from Blackwell Meadows to opposition ground. Makes v.little difference whether North Ferriby or Flyde win the playoffs in travelling terms.
Jesus Robbie thats awesome info but I think you need to get out more! ;)

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Fri May 13, 2016 4:03 pm

spen666 wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:

AFC Wimbledon history now shows them winning the FA Cup so wrong again, have a look of AFC Wimbledon's history numbnuts.

How can an organisation that did not exist when the FA Cup was won be the winners of it?

AFC Wimbledon can claim whatever they like, it does not make it true no matter how many times they repeat it.

Its on their official website, MK Dons have denounced the cup win and previous history so doesn't matter how many times you say it, its true.

And I would rather believe an official football website then an internet troll like you.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:37 pm

spen666 wrote:I don't need to ask them. I know my history.

Both clubs folded and new clubs were formed later. For them to claim they are the same club is like Accrington Stanley claiming they are club who were in league or AFC Wimbledon claiming they won the FA Cup.

It may be wishful thinking but its not correct
I thought AFC Wimbledon had been confirmed as the continuation of Wimbledon FC?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 13, 2016 4:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that the FA agreed to AFC Wimbledon claiming the FA Cup win in their history.

I think that the FA also agreed that we can claim the history (and presumably honours like the FA Trophy win and 4th Div/Conference titles) of Darlington FC. I'm sure there was an announcement at some point.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Quakerz wrote:I'm pretty sure that the FA agreed to AFC Wimbledon claiming the FA Cup win in their history.

I think that the FA also agreed that we can claim the history (and presumably honours like the FA Trophy win and 4th Div/Conference titles) of Darlington FC. I'm sure there was an announcement at some point.
Which proves that spen is talking shite, as usual.

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Fri May 13, 2016 8:51 pm

spen666 wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:

Seriously fuck off Spen

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Darlo_H wrote:After spending plenty of time slagging this site off with his chums on No Brain Zone I'm surprised anyone gives a shiny shite as to what Spen has to say about anything.
Alas, the only thing Spen is good at is winding Darlo fans up. That's the only reason he's on this board. His previous comments on NBZ prove this.

Sadly the mods on this board continue to allow him to hijack threads and deliberately bait genuine posters. Actual Darlington fans have been banned for far less.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri May 13, 2016 10:42 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
grytters wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Boston U
Bradford PA
Halifax T
Gainsborough T
Kiddermintser H
Stalybridge C
Stockport C
Bradford and Halifax are reformed teams so these clubs never played in Football League. They were formed after the original club left the league
You'll be telling us next Darlo aren't an ex-league team either.
Spen you do talk some rubbish, ask the fans of Bradford PA and Halifax if they are ex-league clubs or not?

I don't need to ask them. I know my history.

Both clubs folded and new clubs were formed later. For them to claim they are the same club is like Accrington Stanley claiming they are club who were in league or AFC Wimbledon claiming they won the FA Cup.

It may be wishful thinking but its not correct

Fuck off Spen
Think before posting

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 16, 2016 4:55 pm

To be fair to Spen he's played a blinder on this thread on NonBrainZone...

http://nonleaguezone.com/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=15

Kim Jong Malvern!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

polam lane

Post by polam lane » Fri May 20, 2016 10:23 pm

spen666 wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:

I really don't agree with you. MK asset stripped Wimbledon (with the blessing of the capitalistic and treacherous FA) chasing glamour and money. To that end an instantly reformed club with the same fans is the same club in my and their view.

The same has happened in Scotland: Livingstone stole the licence of Meadowbank Thistle in the name of money, and what you may not have picked up on is that last week a club called Edinburgh City beat East Stirling to win promotion to the Scottish football league. Where do Edinburgh City play? At the Meadowbank stadium of course. To me that is the return of Meadowbank Thistle as AFC Wimbledon is the Wimbledon of old. Notably their manager is a Neil Ardley (several hundred games played for the old Wimbledon) I do hope Edinburgh City rename themselves Meadowbank Thistle to stick it up to the bunch of Italians that wormed Livingstone into the £££ of the Scottish premier at the expense of Thistle.

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Sat May 21, 2016 9:18 am

Not to mention Airdrie - although they were a real team that went bust and stole another real team's place5

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk