Teams we play next season

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlobaz79
Team Supported: Darlington

Teams we play next season

Post by Darlobaz79 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:16 pm

darlodaz

Re: Teams we play next season

Post by darlodaz » Thu May 12, 2016 6:36 pm

some interesting looking tussles going to happen nxt season not to mention our league .salisbury hereford looks tight to call as does rushden northwich in their respective leagues.oh and the leaugue we have just came up from looks interesting.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 13, 2016 11:33 am

Our league looks well interesting, in fact it looks as interesting as the Conference Premier.

It's certainly got more bigger and/or well known clubs in it than it did 4 or 5 years ago.

Looking at the list...

Alfreton
AFC Telford
Altrincham
Boston United
Halifax Town
Kidderminster Harriers
Stockport County
Tamworth

...are all clubs that we played in the league/conference in the decade leading up to our last administration.

Then we have other very recognisable non league names such as...

FCUM
Bradford Park Avenue
Chorley
Harrogate Town
Gainsborough Trinity
Stalybridge Celtic

...and of course we play Salford and Curzon again.

That will be an interesting one for all sorts of reasons - FCUM v Salford - the protest club v the project club, all stemming from Man Utd fans or players.

I'm certainly more excited to be in this league than the last leagues we've been in - I dunno about anyone else but all the recognisable names make me feel like "we're back" rather than in obscurity.

Factor in the move back home and this has got to be the most looked forward to season since the Hodgy & Penney era.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Quakerz wrote: I dunno about anyone else but all the recognisable names make me feel like "we're back" rather than in obscurity.
This. Massively.

I can't wait for this coming season. The division looks really tough, but that's what makes it exciting. It's been nice to be the biggest fish in the league, but you know when we are the biggest name in the league that we are playing in an obscure division. Next season we will be playing some big clubs, at some (relatively) very decent stadiums. It's going to be odd at Stockport away for example - it's been a while since we've watched Darlo in an all-seater stadium!