New shirts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

The Quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

New shirts

Post by The Quaker » Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 am

Anyone know roughly how much the new away shirts will be for kids as both my daughters want one thanks.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Rufusuk

Re: New shirts

Post by Rufusuk » Tue May 10, 2016 12:16 pm

And when are they on sale?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Be on sale in June and I am guessing at the price but you would assume £35 Adult and £25 Child.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue May 10, 2016 2:04 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Be on sale in June and I am guessing at the price but you would assume £35 Adult and £25 Child.
Having had a quick look at the online club shop prices last year were £35 Adult and £30 for Juniors.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm

A late connection with Virgin Trains has caused a delay to local services.

I suppose the new shirts will turn up late as usual (after Summer holidays) and maybe in drib and drab deliveries of different sizes.

Old shirts will have to do at Saltburn and St Tropez.

On the brighter side, late signed sponsorship deals however should be higher than early deals when you are a promoted club.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Tue May 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Out for pre order now apparently on official shop, same price as last year which is good.
I reckon the away shirts which are sourced locally will be really good sellers.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue May 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:A late connection with Virgin Trains has caused a delay to local services.

I suppose the new shirts will turn up late as usual (after Summer holidays) and maybe in drib and drab deliveries of different sizes.

On the brighter side, late signed sponsorship deals however should be higher than early deals when you are a promoted club.
I think this is bang out of order. Why you having a pop at the club here? Late as usual? Don't think so. Since we've had Orion and Avec as manufacturer of our shirts the club have had the shirts out early, they've had pre orders sorted early, what more do you bloody want? The season has just finished and they've got the pre-orders on the website ready to gauge the numbers. Its called being pro-active!!!
A late deal with Virgin Trains? In April? I'd hardly call that late....
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue May 10, 2016 8:21 pm

quakersam wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:A late connection with Virgin Trains has caused a delay to local services.

I think this is bang out of order. Why you having a pop at the club here? Late as usual? Don't think so. Since we've had Orion and Avec as manufacturer of our shirts the club have had the shirts out early, they've had pre orders sorted early, what more do you bloody want? The season has just finished and they've got the pre-orders on the website ready to gauge the numbers. Its called being pro-active!!!

Neil just talks a load of bollocks unfortunately.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Do the club offer a long sleeve version?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue May 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Will there be 75% off for railway staff on production of a staff pass seeing as Virgin have to do that for their tickets?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 10, 2016 9:13 pm

darlodog wrote:Out for pre order now apparently on official shop, same price as last year which is good.
I reckon the away shirts which are sourced locally will be really good sellers.
more details on this news here:

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... 69x300.jpg
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Yet again small fittings for a XXL shirt 47 - 49 " when XXL should be 50 - 52" so thats me not buying one again and they dont offer the next size up either which is a shame :-(

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:49 pm

quakersam wrote:

Agree with all of this.

The new home shirt was available pretty early last summer, and the players were wearing them in the pre-season friendly against Sunderland on the 9th of July. 6 weeks before the beginning of the season.

To have any dig at the club over the shirts is ridiculous. These past couple of years has put individuals who ran the club when we were professional to shame.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:22 am

This is the best Darlo home shirt we have had for a long time. It seems a shame to spoil it with a sponsor's logo.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed May 11, 2016 8:26 am

Lawman3 wrote:This is the best Darlo home shirt we have had for a long time. It seems a shame to spoil it with a sponsor's logo.
I'm sure if you went direct to Avec you could buy one without!!!

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Wed May 11, 2016 8:38 am

I have spoken with some mathematics academics on campus today, and they have confirmed that there is no known approach that would enable us to calculate the amount of bollocks in this post.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed May 11, 2016 9:16 am

Starting to think Mr Johnson is a troll. The fishing King of this forum. Or he could just be a head case. :/
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Lawman3 wrote:This is the best Darlo home shirt we have had for a long time. It seems a shame to spoil it with a sponsor's logo.
I'm sure if you went direct to Avec you could buy one without!!!
Or a better idea is maybe just tell Virgin to fuck off. :roll: :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 am

The sun and moon are below the sky.

Shirts say as shirts do.

When all is said and done what hurts you can't make stronger what isn't already beaten.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 am

Ingleby wrote:Starting to think Mr Johnson is a troll. The fishing King of this forum. Or he could just be a head case. :/
Definitely the latter.He has proved it on 821 posts.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed May 11, 2016 11:34 am

Why do some people have an issue with Virgin Trains? Surely it's a big deal, and proves we're becoming more marketable. VTEC is 80% owned by Stagecoach. I'd much rather be sponsored by a railway franchise than a money lending organisation or gambling company.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed May 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Who has an issue with Virgin Trains?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Remember we are fan owned stop bleeting and support the club buy your shirt ,I have just pre_ordered four,

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Wed May 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Craig09 wrote:Yet again small fittings for a XXL shirt 47 - 49 " when XXL should be 50 - 52" so thats me not buying one again and they dont offer the next size up either which is a shame :-(
Craig09, DM me mate. I may be able to help.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:23 pm

Messaged you mate

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed May 11, 2016 7:50 pm

The home shirt looks fantastic. I'm going to buy one for the first time in quite a few years.

victor meldrew

Post by victor meldrew » Wed May 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Tried ordering online but just keeps kicking me off and back up to enter my phone number, same as last year dont think they like my phone number.....

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed May 11, 2016 9:54 pm

victor meldrew wrote:Tried ordering online but just keeps kicking me off and back up to enter my phone number, same as last year dont think they like my phone number.....
Did you enter it in the correct format?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Really would like a bit of embroidery such as Back to Darlo / Winners NPL 2015/16, make it even more special.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Really would like a bit of embroidery such as Back to Darlo / Winners NPL 2015/16, make it even more special.