Dan Burn

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dan Burn

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 09, 2016 7:12 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:I honestly believe those numbers were the making of our club in the last 4 years. Everyone pulled together in a fantastic way to stick two proverbial fingers up at the FA to show we'll not give in
Nope, everyone pulled together because it was the only thing and the best thing we could do.

I don't think it has anything to do with the FA. It's more that the fans want to see Darlington as a success by doing things properly.

The alternative was to let DFC die and come back as a phoenix club. There was too much history, pride and affection for the club to allow that to happen.

It's because the fans care about the club, not because we dislike the FA, that the club has become a success.
Well, that's certainly an opinion and an option, whereas I'm merely repeating the mantra that came from a lot of fans when purchasing season tickets on that first day at Bishop Auckland. The message was we won't let the FA beat us, the 1883 being part of that "punishment" handed out and which to many now those numbers are a constant reminder. We were already well past the alternative phoenix route by then.
Some of our supporters may think that. But I don't believe being driven to "stick two fingers up at the FA" was the "making of our club" as you said.

The driving force behind the club is to be a success and to do things properly, not to stick two fingers up at those who've done us in. We're more dignified than that.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon May 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:I honestly believe those numbers were the making of our club in the last 4 years. Everyone pulled together in a fantastic way to stick two proverbial fingers up at the FA to show we'll not give in
Nope, everyone pulled together because it was the only thing and the best thing we could do.

I don't think it has anything to do with the FA. It's more that the fans want to see Darlington as a success by doing things properly.

The alternative was to let DFC die and come back as a phoenix club. There was too much history, pride and affection for the club to allow that to happen.

It's because the fans care about the club, not because we dislike the FA, that the club has become a success.
Well, that's certainly an opinion and an option, whereas I'm merely repeating the mantra that came from a lot of fans when purchasing season tickets on that first day at Bishop Auckland. The message was we won't let the FA beat us, the 1883 being part of that "punishment" handed out and which to many now those numbers are a constant reminder. We were already well past the alternative phoenix route by then.
Some of our supporters may think that. But I don't believe being driven to "stick two fingers up at the FA" was the "making of our club" as you said.

The driving force behind the club is to be a success and to do things properly, not to stick two fingers up at those who've done us in. We're more dignified than that.
As long as you're happy with your opinion, you stick with it

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 09, 2016 9:29 pm

QuakerPete wrote: As long as you're happy with your opinion, you stick with it
Interesting. I disagree with you, explain my reasoning and in response you give grouchy, sarcastic, thin-skinned replies.

Bit disappointing QuakerPete.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Interesting. I disagree with you, explain my reasoning and in response you give grouchy, sarcastic, thin-skinned replies.

So are your responses. But gramps there's no way you would be sarcastic

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 09, 2016 9:46 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

So are your responses. But gramps there's no way you would be sarcastic
Nice of you to weigh in, even though this is nothing to do with you.

And actually, if you read the thread, I've been quite reasonable. I've put across an opinion and stated why I think someone else is wrong.

My answers are honest, and certainly not grouchy, thin-skinned or sarcastic as you claim. QuakerPete just wasn't happy I expressed disagreement.

Anyway, do you want to keep this silliness going or should we leave it there?

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Thu May 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Nigel Adkins getting sacked at Sheffield Utd? That's the crack on Talksport this morning - probably scupper any DB move