Current Squad and Contracts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Current Squad and Contracts

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 06, 2016 9:47 pm

bga wrote:
My point is I don't think he is consistent enough over the whole season. Others may disagree doesn't mean I am spiting crap Beano. Re the stats above it is actually (according to club website) 25+9 for 14 goals my original 23 excluded the two hatrick games if you see what I mean! I'll leave it to MG to decide as he is often (but not always) right. Sweet dreams everyone.
If you manipulate statistics (which is what you did by deleting nearly half his goals for no reason) then it damages your argument.

It's harsh to say he wasn't consistent based on a poor last part of the season. Firstly he was carrying an injury, which became quite clear to anyone who attended the final few games of the season. And just about every player was knackered through playing 2-3 games each week for about six weeks.

Secondly, because of the volume of fixtures in the final couple of months, Gray rotated the strikers a lot, which means less time to bed in and settle. It's harder to go on a regular goalscoring run if you're in and out of the side.

And finally, it's usual for strikers to have some dip in form during the season.

If you don't rate him, that's up to you. But you've not provided a convincing argument for why you don't. You've omitted contextual factors for why his drop off in goals may have occurred and for some reason tried to strike out nearly half of his goals out without justification.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Yep, without his two hat-tricks we most likely wouldn't have won the league would we?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 07, 2016 10:45 am

Re Gaskell- here's a quote from Anthony Johnson (one of Salford's gruesome twosome management team) speaking of his displeasure about Gaskell leaving Ramsbottom in Nov14.

"He has done a lot for us over the last few years. Clubs have come in for him loads - Salford City, Witton Albion - but he hasn't gone then so its very disappointing because he has given us so much in the past. But I think we have seen the best of him.

"I hope he does well, of course. But he is nearly 30, where is his ambition to go further up the league standings?

"It is heartbreaking because we have taken six years to build this and it is scary where we might go with the team we have. However, camaraderie can only take you so far if people come and offer you more money."

I think the words "we have seen the best of him" came back to haunt them at Salford last season :lol: :lol: From reading the story of why Gaskell left it appears that he might not have seen eye to eye with A.J/B.M.

Also, to knock someone for leaving, and for leaving for more money seems a bit rich, considering what happened later at Ramsbottom.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!