Relegated from Conf National

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Relegated from Conf National

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Welling United, Halifax, Altrincham and Kidderminster.

Would assume Halifax, Altrincham and Kidderminster will end up in our league.

eddyman00
Team Supported: Shrewsbury Town

Re: Relegated from Conf National

Post by eddyman00 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Not sure about Kiddy, if you look at a non league map they are the most southern team and with Worcester groundsharing at Bromsgrove plus Lowestoft being relegated to Step 3, there is noone else to move.

Kidderminster might just have dodged a bullet.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Brackley is much further South than Kiddie, they survived in the National North today

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:45 pm

eddyman00 wrote:Not sure about Kiddy, if you look at a non league map they are the most southern team and with Worcester groundsharing at Bromsgrove plus Lowestoft being relegated to Step 3, there is noone else to move.

Kidderminster might just have dodged a bullet.
Gloucester will move if anyone.

eddyman00
Team Supported: Shrewsbury Town

Post by eddyman00 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Just spotted those two, f*ck me the Conference North will be horrendous to get promoted out of. How many 2000 plus attendances are there going to be in that next season? What a great year for you guys to come back and play Kiddy, Stockport, FCUM, Telford, Halifax...

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:53 pm

One things for sure think we'll get a few decent crowds next season. The likes of Kidderminster, Stockport, Halifax, Boston and FC United should all bring a decent amount of fans through to BM. All goes into our coffers and helps our operating income.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Just done some quick work on travel for next season and out of the 4 play off teams we need Boston United to gain promotion rather than Harrogate Town, Fylde or North Ferriby in terms of travel time.

Gloucester City are the most likely to drop to the South but depends who comes up from the Southern Premier if it's Redditch United, Leamington or Hitchin Town they may join the North but Hungerford Town would certainly join the South.

From checking approx 14 possible journeys are 2hr 10m or less with the rest much longer trips.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Just done some quick work on travel for next season and out of the 4 play off teams we need Boston United to gain promotion rather than Harrogate Town, Fylde or North Ferriby in terms of travel time.

Gloucester City are the most likely to drop to the South but depends who comes up from the Southern Premier if it's Redditch United, Leamington or Hitchin Town they may join the North but Hungerford Town would certainly join the South.

From checking approx 14 possible journeys are 2hr 10m or less with the rest much longer trips.
Southern Premier Play-off final is Hungerford v Leamington on Monday.

Leamington win puts them in NLN with one team, almost certainly Gloucester, moving across.

Nothing against Lowestoft but I'm delighted they've gone down. One trip I wasn't looking forward to making next season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Haha, didn't even check if they had played the Semi Finals yet.

On that note I think Leamington seems a better trip than Gloucester for us but it's not just based on us I suppose. We will find out soon enough but I do like to have a guess at what they will do.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Halifax will be a good day out, almost a derby.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Halifax will be a good day out, almost a derby.
Harrogate Town (if they don't get promoted) & Bradford PA are the only closer ones.

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Post by satchmo76 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Add Salford to the mix.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Some big clubs in this league and some cracking away days. Halifax, FCUM, Stockport, Kidderminster, Harrogate if they don't go up.

Have noticed FCUM give a max of 500 tickets to away sides, I can see us selling that out easily. It would be a shame if we lost Gloucester as they play at now Football League again Cheltenham Town, however to lose one of the longer trips reduces the mileage slightly.

Fylde look likely to be moving into a brand new ground next season, much like Fleetwood's

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/10092-2/
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Post by satchmo76 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:46 pm

Add Salford to the mix. If Brackley move to the southern half, do Lowestoft dodge the bullet?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:49 pm

satchmo76 wrote:Add Salford to the mix. If Brackley move to the southern half, do Lowestoft dodge the bullet?
No Lowestoft will be Step 3 whilst Brackley will be Step 2 either Nat North or South and would expect to be in the North.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:52 pm

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:26 pm

It'll be good to go back to Chorley. Who remembers those Bolton fans turning up looking to cause trouble, when we player there last time in our Conference days?

njb

Post by njb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:It'll be good to go back to Chorley. Who remembers those Bolton fans turning up looking to cause trouble, when we player there last time in our Conference days?
Wasnt it was there where the police had to come up with makeshift segregation during the match by parking a police car across the 'terrace'

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:47 pm

Yes that's the one, the Bolton fans made a hasty retreat, when they saw the massed ranks of Darlo fans.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun May 01, 2016 7:10 am

I live 16 miles from Boston so am selfishly hoping they stay down.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am

I wonder when was the last time the 2 teams promoted from the NPL did so with back-to-back promotions?

EDIT: I just checked and it was only a few seasons ago: Halifax & Colwyn Bay won promotion from Div 1 North in 2010 and were both promoted from the Premier division in 2011.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 01, 2016 8:55 am

Blimey Colwyn Bay have been in freefall since then.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 am

Darlogramps wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Just done some quick work on travel for next season and out of the 4 play off teams we need Boston United to gain promotion rather than Harrogate Town, Fylde or North Ferriby in terms of travel time.

Southern Premier Play-off final is Hungerford v Leamington on Monday.

Leamington win puts them in NLN with one team, almost certainly Gloucester, moving across.

Nothing against Lowestoft but I'm delighted they've gone down. One trip I wasn't looking forward to making next season.

From a selfish point of view, as someone recently exiled to East Anglia I was looking forward to a match at Lowestoft - only 30 miles away - was there yesterday and a rumour went round the ground about 2 mins from the end that Tamworth had equalised at Brackley, which would have saved them, but turned out to be false hope. I think the nearest to me now is Boston - so it is inevitable they will be promoted thru the play offs.

But I agree for the club and travelling fans it would have been an horrendous journey (250ish miles)- as North Ferriby found out on Tuesday when they were held up in traffic and we had a delayed start.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Sun May 01, 2016 9:37 am

I think this is a decent level to build off the pitch for a year or two. Get some money in the bank, ground sorted. Training pitches etc. Having several bigger clubs down with us. Will only help the aclimatisation to the conference in long run

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 am

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:I think this is a decent level to build off the pitch for a year or two. Get some money in the bank, ground sorted. Training pitches etc. Having several bigger clubs down with us. Will only help the aclimatisation to the conference in long run

In that case you'd better tell Gray not to assemble a promotion winning squad. I expect us to be in the hunt for a play-off spot, come the back end of next season.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:57 am

I think we should have a good squad for next season. Hopefully Blyth's failure to get promoted will mean we have the first pick of part time players in the north east. We have built a successful scouting network meaning we have an opportunity to find players in a commutable distance as well.

I think top 10 would represent a very good step next season. Hopefully a good run in one of the FA Cup or FA Trophy will full up the coffers and allow us to look at upgrading the ground as quickly as possible. Building a bishop style tin shed pushed to the side of the water pipe would be another good method of raising capacity and infrastructure at minimal prices hopefully. Something similar to the away end at Fleetwood would do (half the width of the pitch) http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -town.html

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun May 01, 2016 11:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Halifax will be a good day out, almost a derby.

REAL ALE WISE

The Three Pidgeons pub was a delight near the Shay. Should be mobbed with Darlo again.

King & Castle pub at Kiddy is another DAFTS favourite, situated in the steam railway station about 5 mins walk from the "pie & broth famed" ground.

The Head of Steam bar at Harrogate station is another great watering hole. (sister pub at Stalybridge?).

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 01, 2016 12:03 pm

JE93 wrote:I think we should have a good squad for next season. Hopefully Blyth's failure to get promoted will mean we have the first pick of part time players in the north east.

I was hoping Blyth would go up to scupper Salford but you raise a good point.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun May 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:I think this is a decent level to build off the pitch for a year or two. Get some money in the bank, ground sorted. Training pitches etc. Having several bigger clubs down with us. Will only help the aclimatisation to the conference in long run

In that case you'd better tell Gray not to assemble a promotion winning squad. I expect us to be in the hunt for a play-off spot, come the back end of next season.
Totally agree Pete. Quite the most sensible comment you have posted.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Sun May 01, 2016 10:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:

As we've seen from history what you expect and what acutally happends are two different things. Should ted be landing anytime soon?

We have a good squad and we have a chance. But having a solid foundation while establishing our new home and the finances that brings, is not a terrible idea. Considering the amount of budget 'shortfalls' in the last couple of seasons.

But i see what your saying lets spank everything to get to the money bags promise land of the conference.