knight, plummer, bennett

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Norm_D_Ploom

Re: knight, plummer, bennett

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:00 pm

BillinghamPoolie wrote:What? That you've only lost at home once in a year/season, or Walshy being right about something?
99 / 2000 Northampton were the only side to win at Feethams.

walshys_wingman_11
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Quakerz wrote:I'm not saying Walshy is right mind, I don't think that has ever happened.
mr Q I meant from Aug to Dec 31 1984 our only defeat at home was the poorlie game. It stuck out even more because we were unbeaten away from home until Jan 1st 1985 that season, making poorlie the only team that beat us in the league 1984 of the 84/85 season. I also remember reading somewhere that we went a full season unbeaten at home and then only lost once at home in the following season. Ok it was in the 1920s but it still happened. One home defeat in two seasons.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am

We've now had the official announcement from the club over these latest departures. But I must say I'm amazed that Baines wasn't one of them. He is MUCH worse than Plummer. :shock:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm

presumably with bains being on loan at blyth until the end of december when his contract runs out, there is no need to release him and pay him off now, i expect he'll join blyth permanantly in january

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Sounded like Arnison is not budging over an early release, i honestly don't know how he's stayed in league football for so long after witnessing some of his displays this season.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

he's certainly declined over the last few years as he'd been pretty decent at pools and carlisle. an unsettled back four obviously hasnt helped him or any others in that unit and while he has turned in some truly awful displays i still think that if we can get a settled back 4 he can still offer us something....maybe....hopefully...

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Stan shouldn't be looking too far from the back 4 that played against Bradford

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 pm

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm

divas, baines got a contract till the end of the season, hes entitled to sit on it if he wants, i know he trains with the youth team, with arnison, convery, and riley

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm

hodgie1 wrote:divas, baines got a contract till the end of the season, hes entitled to sit on it if he wants, i know he trains with the youth team, with arnison, convery, and riley
I doubt Convery trains with the youth team as he came on as a sub in the last game & Staunton has been impressed with him in training over the last week or two.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm

hodgie1 wrote:divas, baines got a contract till the end of the season, hes entitled to sit on it if he wants, i know he trains with the youth team, with arnison, convery, and riley
great news....convery doesnt train with the youth team, at least not for the last couple of weeks and nor will arnison if staunton's recent comments are anything to go buy - are blyth part time?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 pm

divas wrote:
great news....convery doesnt train with the youth team, at least not for the last couple of weeks and nor will arnison if staunton's recent comments are anything to go buy - are blyth part time?
Yes, as far as i know anyways.

DARL
Team Supported: Which one do you think dumbass

Post by DARL » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Knight going is good, Liversedge should be number 1 and Jones looks better than Knight

Bennett i have to admit i dont know alot about, he doesnt seam to have been given a fair shot

Plummer suprised me - he started hte season under TOdd and did quite well, dont know why staunton has frozen him out

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:02 am

just to confirm convery was training with the youth team, they train in the same place therefore it wouldve been easy for staunton to see him, also communication, its easy for liddle to mention how well convery had done, or maddo for that fact, if they trained at different times