The Rushall pitch

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mario
Team Supported: Darlington

The Rushall pitch

Post by Mario » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:12 pm

I guess that had to be one of the worst pitches in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League?

I was just relieved that no player from either team suffered a serious injury on that terrible surface.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Re: The Rushall pitch

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Mario wrote:I guess that had to be one of the worst pitches in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League?

I was just relieved that no player from either team suffered a serious injury on that terrible surface.
Reminded me of Lancaster last season,rock hard,favoured hoof ball

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Yes, I thought the pitch was very poor...But, more grass than the pitch we play on at HP..Both very hard and bumpy though.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:24 am

How we move on though. Next year playing on one of the best pitches in the country at Whaddon Road, Cheltenham Towns ground, and temporary home of Gloucester City.

njb

Post by njb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:52 am

The whole set up at Rushall was a flashback to the Northern League days, it was hard to believe that it met the grading standards. Just goes to show that it really is a tick box exercise to meet the requirements rather than upgrading the ground to provide a good environment to play in.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:15 am

banktopp wrote:How we move on though. Next year playing on one of the best pitches in the country at Whaddon Road, Cheltenham Towns ground, and temporary home of Gloucester City.
Might not be. If three northern sides come down from the National League, and one of Redditch or Leamington wins the Southern League play-offs, that's six teams trying to fill five vacancies in the division.

So the most southern National League North side would move across to the National League South, which would probably be one of Gloucester or Lowestoft.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:32 am

I'm hoping that's the case Gramps. Even though I live in the Midlands, Cheltenham is still over 3 hours away and Lowestoft 2.5. Would like one of these 2 in the Conference South.
Looking at the Conference, if Borehamwood stay up and Guiseley or Halifax come down, that's one other relatively close match.
It's great to be able to speculate about next year.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 am

It would be really good if either Guiseley or Halifax come down, not sure which I'd prefer to get relegated.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:51 am

everytime someone ran a bit the dust would kick up off the floor. That's how bad it was

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:00 pm

looking through highlights from division there were a few dustbowls this weekend.

Think it was just a case of a dry patch of weather, plus playing surfaces with not much grass left on them.
Mario wrote:I was just relieved that no player from either team suffered a serious injury on that terrible surface.
Surprised you think it was in anyway dangerous though? Surely everyone here remembers the burns you used to get down your legs in pre and end of season on hard pitches...surely it was nothing more than that?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
banktopp wrote:How we move on though. Next year playing on one of the best pitches in the country at Whaddon Road, Cheltenham Towns ground, and temporary home of Gloucester City.
Might not be. If three northern sides come down from the National League, and one of Redditch or Leamington wins the Southern League play-offs, that's six teams trying to fill five vacancies in the division.

So the most southern National League North side would move across to the National League South, which would probably be one of Gloucester or Lowestoft.
This thread on non league matters has projections for next season based on all of pyramid

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum ... =106977306

With a spreadsheet here
https://goo.gl/IYH40c
Its based on current league positions, but for divisions with playoffs he has assumed side in highest play off place gets promotion.

It is a pretty good guide as to who will play in what division next season after allowing for sideways movements, reprieves etc

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:40 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

This thread on non league matters has projections for next season based on all of pyramid

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum ... =106977306

With a spreadsheet here
https://goo.gl/IYH40c
Its based on current league positions, but for divisions with playoffs he has assumed side in highest play off place gets promotion.

It is a pretty good guide as to who will play in what division next season after allowing for sideways movements, reprieves etc
You've posted a link which tells me something I'd already worked out for myself.

Have you been taking lessons from the Darlo Pete School of Messageboard Posting?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY