Good luck blyth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Good luck blyth

Post by tdk1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:53 pm

What a season, what an achievement, and driven in no small part by blyth, who would have been comfortable and worthy champions were it not for the absolutely awesome majesty of this remarkable group of players. Thoroughly hope to see them come through the play offs now.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Good luck blyth

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:37 am

tdk1 wrote:What a season, what an achievement, and driven in no small part by blyth, who would have been comfortable and worthy champions were it not for the absolutely awesome majesty of this remarkable group of players. Thoroughly hope to see them come through the play offs now.

Yes, good luck Blyth, I too would like to see them get through the playoffs - and as a bonus knock Salford out.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 am

Would be nice to have another NE club in our division, especially as in any 'normal' year 99pts and 50 GD would have been enough to comfortably take the title. Any Darlo fans suffering NPL withdrawal symptoms should go up to Blyth to give them support in their play-offs. Pity they had to come up against one of the most effective sides Darlington have ever put together.

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:21 am

Yes good luck. You pushed us all the way and that comeback from 3-0 down had us really worried. Now go and get the promotion you deserve

300Spartans
Team Supported: Blyth Spartans

Post by 300Spartans » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks everyone, I've got nightmares of a depressing penalty shootout defeat to Ashton on Tuesday for some reason. And it feels like it'd be tempting fate way too much to have to try and beat Salford for a third time in one season. But we just need to be better than everyone in a mini-competition which doesn't involve Darlington, so it's doable ;)

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 am

Yep. If "natural justice" applied, Blyth with (at least) 99 points and the potential to get over 100 should be the qualifiers via the play-offs, and I hope they win it as it'd be thoroughly deserved.
Bring Back the Quarters

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:54 am

I really want Blyth to win the playoffs. They absolutely deserve it - their record is so much better than 3rd place Salford's that it'd be a travesty if they didn't go up. I've been really impressed with the way they've gone about this season. They've pushed us so hard, and have responded with class when we've reacted to that. Finally, it'd be good to keep a localish game next year. Would guarantee another 2 big crowds!

mattspartan
Team Supported: Blyth Spartans

Post by mattspartan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:10 am

Thanks guys and congratulations on winning the title. At least you did it properly so we can rest players on Sunday.

I know many on here had concerns about your fixture pile-up but most Blyth know from 05-06 that momentum and mindset can be bigger factors than tired legs as long as the spirit in the camp is right.

In many ways it has been the worst season to have a good season, since Feb 2015 we've been in great form and it's a shame that having been pipped to a playoff place last time, now we're just missing out on the title. I think it says a lot about the season that in the end it's come down to the head-to-head between the two teams (pending Saturday's results).

Hopefully we make it up- the NPL is a good division for trips at the moment but I absolutely loved it when we were in the Conf North. Some really big clubs, some proper non-league grounds too. Much higher standard in the top half as well.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:22 am

Best of luck Blyth. As others have said, in any other season you would have won this league comfortably. By the way, as some of our fans and players said last season, it can feel even better to go up through the play-offs. Not sure I believe it, but that's just an old punter worrying about heart failure. :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:09 am

Blyth deserve to go up given their performances over the whole season and would be great to renew competition with them in Vanarama next season. Just hope their squad is sufficiently fit and courageous enough to see them through the playoffs, especially as Workington have hit a rich vein of form recently.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:56 am

I,d like to think Blyth can come through the playoffs ,they certainly deserve to be up with us ,good luck Blyth hope to see you next season in national league north

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:24 am

Beating Blyth at home will be a tall order for any of the sides left in the play-offs.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:32 pm

As long as its not Salford or Ashton I dont mind

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Only Salford would be likely to try and spend their way out of which ever division they are in next season. I'd definitely want the winner of the Blyth v Workington game to get promoted.