Thursday v Whitby?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grytters
Team Supported: Darlington

Thursday v Whitby?

Post by grytters » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Am I right in thinking they are now safe, so either

They'll be laid back, on the beach, couldn't care and we'll tonk them

They'll be laid back, play demonstration football and tonk us

Just regard it as another game, so we can't predict the outcome

Or none of the above?
Bring Back the Quarters

Magical Quakers

Re: Thursday v Whitby?

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 pm

grytters wrote:Am I right in thinking they are now safe, so either

They'll be laid back, on the beach, couldn't care and we'll tonk them

They'll be laid back, play demonstration football and tonk us

Just regard it as another game, so we can't predict the outcome

Or none of the above?
Yes :lol:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Not sure. Maybe set up a poll?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Piss up the poll.

It'll be tough, but Darlo will be up to the challenge.

Great place to win a title, if we can.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 pm

A big part of me is so pleased it going onto Thursday.
I couldn't make today but will be in Whitby.

Come on Darlo

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:32 am

comeondarlo wrote:A big part of me is so pleased it going onto Thursday.

Come on Darlo
Likewise I always wanted to win the title at Whitby. it should be a fantastic atmosphere.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:58 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:

Come on Darlo
Likewise I always wanted to win the title at Whitby. it should be a fantastic atmosphere.
always?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:06 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Come on Darlo
always?
ahh... so that's why Pete's been putting the jinx on us all these years. 2012 was just another piece of his master plan falling into place. Very clever, Mr Pete!
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

grytters

Post by grytters » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:17 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Piss up the poll.

It'll be tough, but Darlo will be up to the challenge.

Great place to win a title, if we can.

Poll?

What kind of saddo would set this up as a poll?
Bring Back the Quarters

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:50 am

their down near the bottom for a reason, weve beat better teams away from home all season, ive got every faith we will go to win regardless of how Whitby feel about being safe

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 am

bertbanger wrote:their down near the bottom for a reason, weve beat better teams away from home all season, ive got every faith we will go to win regardless of how Whitby feel about being safe
Incorrect. Whitby's form has significantly improved since sacking Darren Williams. Had Hardy been there all season they would be much higher. In my opinion they are in a false position.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:08 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
bertbanger wrote:their down near the bottom for a reason, weve beat better teams away from home all season, ive got every faith we will go to win regardless of how Whitby feel about being safe
Incorrect. Whitby's form has significantly improved since sacking Darren Williams. Had Hardy been there all season they would be much higher. In my opinion they are in a false position.
Maybe so, but one thing is for sure. We're not in a false position. We are the best team in the league as it stands and have been pretty much since October. We shouldn't fear anyone in this league whether their recent form has improved or not.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:10 am

Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Maybe so, but one thing is for sure. We're not in a false position. We are the best team in the league as it stands and have been pretty much since October. We shouldn't fear anyone in this league whether their recent form has improved or not.
Absolutely Spyman, I was simply pointing out that Whitby are better than their table position suggests (I know that sounds barmy with just 2 games to go!).

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:51 am

Just listened to Chris Hardys post match interview after last night."Blyth can be safe in the knowledge that we will be doing everything we can to beat Darlington on Thursday night ".
Wouldn't expect him to say anything else really but if anyone thinks this game could be a soft touch,think again.GAME ON.COME ON DARLO.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Come on Darlo
always?
ahh... so that's why Pete's been putting the jinx on us all these years. 2012 was just another piece of his master plan falling into place. Very clever, Mr Pete!
Can anyone with lifelong ambitions to see us win a title at any Northern League clubs please re-assess those ambitions.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 am

If we win on Thursday or draw and we win the league, Can we Lift the Trophy at Whitby as the trophy was there on Tuesday if we had won the league.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:31 am

If we draw we don't mathematically win the league so no we won't. If the trophy was there on Tuesday then it isn't unreasonable to think it will be there on Thursday if we win - although they may just wait until Saturday to allow darlo fans to travel?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:If we win on Thursday or draw and we win the league, Can we Lift the Trophy at Whitby as the trophy was there on Tuesday if we had won the league.
Apparently officials were at our home game last night, with the Trophy in the boot of the car just in case. So win tomorrow, then we will get the Trophy presented in front of all the Darlo fans after the game.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:So win tomorrow, then we will get the Trophy presented in front of all the Darlo fans after the game.
Pete you don't know this. They may have been available on a Tuesday night to travel to Bishop.

Who is to say these league officials can afford the time to make a trip to Whitby 2 days later. It may be there, it may not you don't know for sure.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:So win tomorrow, then we will get the Trophy presented in front of all the Darlo fans after the game.
Pete you don't know this. They may have been available on a Tuesday night to travel to Bishop.

Who is to say these league officials can afford the time to make a trip to Whitby 2 days later. It may be there, it may not you don't know for sure.
Craig Stoddart's match report in the Echo, so I think it was true.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Leauge official has advised he will be going to Whitby and Rushall if needs be.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo1235 wrote:If we win on Thursday or draw and we win the league, Can we Lift the Trophy at Whitby as the trophy was there on Tuesday if we had won the league.
Apparently officials were at our home game last night, with the Trophy in the boot of the car just in case. So win tomorrow, then we will get the Trophy presented in front of all the Darlo fans after the game.

Was Lord Lucan driving the car for them ?

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Leauge official has advised he will be going to Whitby and Rushall if needs be.
Will he be going to Blyth's last match as well if its still in the balance?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Craig Stoddart's match report in the Echo, so I think it was true.
Craig Stoddart's match report has a section on the travel arrangements of league officials on Thursday night? Or does it state that the trophy was there on Tuesday? I've found the answer;

"Northern Premier League officials were in attendance for Darlington’s 2-0 win over Grantham, but the trophy they brought with them had to stay in the car boot as Blyth Spartans also won."

So I say it again Pete, you do not know that the trophy will be there on Thursday you have assumed on the basis that it was there yesterday. Do you see the difference?

Les asking the league official does confirm it though so it is slightly irrelevant.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:21 pm

swadquaker wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Leauge official has advised he will be going to Whitby and Rushall if needs be.
He may need to borrow the Sky Sports helicopter.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:51 pm

swadquaker wrote:
Well I don't think they have thought that far, I guess if we lose on Thursday they will have to make a decision. I presume as mentioned by others if we draw on Thu then we won't (can't really) be given the Trophy, however they would head to Rushall on percentages.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Would expect league leader would have trophy at their game just to jinx it if nothing more.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:47 pm

I still haven't recovered from the mental scarring of being at Kidderminster in the GMVC season when the trophy was set up on the sidelines and they scored a 94th minute winner. We only needed a point then, and had to go to Welling on the Saturday. Please not again.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:03 pm

I remember that

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:I still haven't recovered from the mental scarring of being at Kidderminster in the GMVC season when the trophy was set up on the sidelines and they scored a 94th minute winner. We only needed a point then, and had to go to Welling on the Saturday. Please not again.
Remember it well Adam, I was on a course in Winchester at the time anddrove up to Kidderminster, pushed for time got a speeding ticket, arrived at the ground and we were 2-1 down, then Gary Gill was sent off and we managed to equalise.Then remember Paul Emson taking the ball into the corner to waste time, they got it and lumped it up the field and the ball was whipped in for them to score.The second we kicked off the ref blew for full time, gut wrenching moment and the drive back to Winchester was a nightmare.

Very confident these lads will do it tomorrow night, they have grafted like hell to let it slip now.