this squad of players

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

feethams flyer
Team Supported: Darlington

this squad of players

Post by feethams flyer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:28 pm

As a supporter of over 50 years I have got to say this squad of players are probably the best the club have put together in terms of attitude. While at the moment we are still in contention for automatic promotion and playing every couple of days and holding down full time jobs. The attitude, togetherness and determination this squad have shown so far is what this club needs to be built on.

I really hope these players have got the energy to :clap: get the job done. And if they do they surely will go down in darlo folklore.

Darlo Fonz

Re: this squad of players

Post by Darlo Fonz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:30 am

I can only echo what you have said.

I have never been more proud than I am right now to say 'I am a Darlington fan' - the passion on the pitch from the players to the coaching staff, to off the pitch with all the volunteers and the fans... It truly is a special time to be involved in this unbelievable club.

Now let's get the job done, let's get down to HP on Tuesday and cheer the lads on. Let's win this league!!

#UpTheQuakers
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:47 am

I'd say Martin Gray deserves huge credit for not just assembling this squad but instilling a great attitude throughout.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loobyloo

Post by loobyloo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:01 am

So proud of EVERYONE involved with our football club.Whatever happens over the next few games we have come so far in a short space of time.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:29 am

I wonder if Mr Raj Singh reads these boards (unlikely) or keeps an eye on Darlo developments (possibly).

As the last few years make a good lesson on how to run a football club.

I.E. Find a manager who works hard and knows what he's doing, then let him get on with things and keep him happy. Build an atmosphere of stability and continuity, an atmosphere whereby everyone feels involved, fans/players/staff - everyone.

It's really impressive that in many ways, we are better run now, than we were before - when we were a full time club.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:52 am

This is down to the fact that we have no grasping greedy self promoting owner who did'nt care for our football club. we are all in this together we are the fans of Darlington football club long may it be so.onwards and upwards. :thumbup:

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:54 am

All of the above.

My thanks to everybody who is, or has been, involved in saving, running and developing OUR club over the past four seasons. I have Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool and Manure fans looking for or asking me about Darlo results every time I go into my local. Long may it continue.

Now, let's finish this season's job and start the planning and work for next year AT HOME.

All being well with the trains, I'll be with you, sharing the dream, on Tuesday night.

ONWARD AND UPWARD :D :clap: :roll:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:59 am

Just fetch some nice weather with you as forecast not too good

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:00 am

Gray has been excellent in pulling together a fantastic squad. Many of our players on the bench would walk into any of our rivals starting 11. Looking forward to seeing you again Joe.