Woahhoaaa we're there

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Beano
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Woahhoaaa we're 86% there

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:30 pm

lo36789 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Beano wrote:I'm trying to send my pledge in and it keeps returning an error message

"Sorry! Bad request

Redirect uri does not match the uri registered in the developer panel

Cancel uri does not match the uri registered in the developer panel"

What mistake have I made?
Issue reported when trying to use the card option. Can complete as a cash pledge.
I had that problem so made a cash pledge, withdrew it and then put it in again using GoCardless and it worked.
I've tried that a couple of time, to no avail. But, I'll try again tomorrow evening as it could be just a temporary glitch.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Beano wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Beano wrote:I'm trying to send my pledge in and it keeps returning an error message

"Sorry! Bad request

Issue reported when trying to use the card option. Can complete as a cash pledge.
I had that problem so made a cash pledge, withdrew it and then put it in again using GoCardless and it worked.
I've tried that a couple of time, to no avail. But, I'll try again tomorrow evening as it could be just a temporary glitch.
Yeah Mikky is aware of the issue, confirmed on Twitter tonight.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 pm

lo36789 wrote:there is your answer Mr Tibbs...the totaliser can't go past £100k!
It can, now on £100,300
I meant it broke the little one you see in your signature - soon to be replaced with a really cludgy looking green thing hacked up rather hastily :lol:
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Beano wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

"Sorry! Bad request

Thanks. The communication regarding this is excellent and enhances my confidence in the process.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Not sure what happens now. There has to be a 7 day cooling off period after the deadline, but does that start as soon as the target is reached or only at the end of May? Do any pledges put in now actually count, or do we need to start again?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 pm

I managed to get my pledge in using gocardless with no trouble at all. Took about 5 minutes start to finish tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:48 pm

£101,200 now, if we keep on raising money I hope the excess is ring fenced towards the next bit of ground improvements so we have a head start on the next round of fundraising.

Same if we overachieve the other 30k.

I know we haven't moved in yet or even started work but the club needs to have plans for Cat A in place as soon as possible.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Quakerz wrote:£101,200 now, if we keep on raising money I hope the excess is ring fenced towards the next bit of ground improvements so we have a head start on the next round of fundraising.

I know we haven't moved in yet or even started work but the club needs to have plans for Cat A in place as soon as possible.
Surely some of it has to go towards a new striker :lol: :lol: :lol:

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:52 pm

May be the wrong question to ask amongst all the pledges that have been flying in tonight, but what will happen to the pledges made over the £100,000 mark that now seems to have been passed? Reading from the booklet describing the Community Shares offer it states that once the £100,000 target has been reached no further investments will be accepted. I only ask as I am one of the potential investors who was hanging back and has been caught out by the rapid rise to the target tonight. Will the money over the target still find a way to be invested in the B2D campaign and in what form will it take?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Would assume that this scenario has been discussed/is being discussed as we speak, hence the Netcafe tomorrow. I'm sure there's people like myself who've been waiting for pay day.
Last edited by Vodka_Vic on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:55 pm

en passant wrote:May be the wrong question to ask amongst all the pledges that have been flying in tonight, but what will happen to the pledges made over the £100,000 mark that now seems to have been passed? Reading from the booklet describing the Community Shares offer it states that once the £100,000 target has been reached no further investments will be accepted. I only ask as I am one of the potential investors who was hanging back and has been caught out by the rapid rise to the target tonight. Will the money over the target still find a way to be invested in the B2D campaign and in what form will it take?
All seems legit - we did it! To answer your question they may decide to raise the target now that the first target has been achieved.

Keep those pledges coming :)
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:£101,200 now, if we keep on raising money I hope the excess is ring fenced towards the next bit of ground improvements so we have a head start on the next round of fundraising.

Quakerz , any idea of the difference in cost between Cat A and B?

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:59 pm

en passant wrote:May be the wrong question to ask amongst all the pledges that have been flying in tonight, but what will happen to the pledges made over the £100,000 mark that now seems to have been passed? Reading from the booklet describing the Community Shares offer it states that once the £100,000 target has been reached no further investments will be accepted. I only ask as I am one of the potential investors who was hanging back and has been caught out by the rapid rise to the target tonight. Will the money over the target still find a way to be invested in the B2D campaign and in what form will it take?
Ditto the above. I expected it to quieten down and was planning to invest nearer the deadline. But, may be able to do it now if it counts.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Fantastic achievement, everything is going our way, both on and off the field.

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Would assume that this scenario has been discussed/is being discussed as we speak, hence the Netcafe tomorrow. I'm sure there's people like myself who've been waiting for pay day.
Yes, it seems to be a well timed opportunity to clarify what happens next, and to allay any concerns that have been raised over the reliability of the rapid rise in pledges. I take it that any pledges made using a bank account in Panama may have greater need of scrutiny.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:

An extra 1000 on the capacity, 500 seats, 8 entrances, better floodlights.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
All seems legit - we did it! To answer your question they may decide to raise the target now that the first target has been achieved.

They could raise the target, but bear in mind that the target HAS to be reached before any money can be taken. If they failed to reach the new extended target then the 100K is lost. I wonder if they might set up a new pitch?

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:05 pm

I would be incredible if we raised enough to proceed with Cat A. Here is hoping.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:08 pm

It accepted the Darlo Bandera Texas Group 1600 quid

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Beano wrote:I would be incredible if we raised enough to proceed with Cat A. Here is hoping.
We would be better off holding money for that as we would be able to apply for further grants.

I'm still sort of worried, it feels like a great achievement but the deadline is still so far away I can't help worry. I'll be better once the money has been collected :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Last edited by shawry on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:10 pm

The diff between cat C and B was circa £75k. It will be more for the step up to cat A as there needs to be 250 extra seats, which is around £50k alone. However, any additional terracing to meet the capacity won't need cover, as there will be enough under the already approved structure. The fa website has the criteria including the trivial bits like toilet provision and lighting brightness which all add to the expenditure. Hopefully we can continue to raise the funds and have it ring fenced as suggested. Any change to the plans now will only add delay.

I can't get over how fantastic the last 36 hours have been for our club. Well done to everyone who has invested (be it time or money). The outside perception of this club is changing.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:

None whatsoever but I doubt it will be cheap. Obviously any money that can give us a head start would be a bonus.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:23 pm

£102,971 now

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Bring on the escalators
Think before posting

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:59 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:

They could raise the target, but bear in mind that the target HAS to be reached before any money can be taken. If they failed to reach the new extended target then the 100K is lost. I wonder if they might set up a new pitch?
I'm not sure how they'll do it - I can't remember where I read about the target being increased but it was referred to as a minimum target in the Netcafe a fortnight back though, admittedly, it does say that no more investments in the Community Share offer will be accepted once the target is reached.

It's a good question for tomorrow night's Netcafe.
Join - Shop - Collect

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 am

Beano wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

"Sorry! Bad request

Mikky identified the cause of the problem and it may have been fixed by now but if you're still getting the error then simply to add an "s" after the http in your address bar (it should be https) and press the Enter key, then try again.

The reason why it was happening for some and not for others would be to do with whether you were on the secure site or not. If you had "https" in your address bar (or a padlock or something showing that you are on a secure site) then all should be fine as the links to GoCardless would all be coded with "https" in them, which is what GoCardless would be expecting.

If, on the other hand, you arrived at the fundraising platform via a link to the normal - non-secure - site (just "http") then the onward links to GoCardless didn't have the "S" in them, and that's what was causing the error.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 am

This has been a tremendous exercise conducted by the board. Even they must be surprised that the financial target £100,000 for community shares portion of required £130,000 has been reached well before the closing deadline of May 31st.

That date remains open so investment should still be encouraged.

Sure that the board will now be taking stock and considering the next steps. Even though these are still only pledges, Richard Cook must be confident he has a huge chunk of the required £78K as working capital to bring BM to category B status.

It is important to remember the community shares initiative is a DFCSG funded exercise. It is they who will loan DFC the capital. I also suspect that given DFCSG also had a target to increase their membership from 430 to circa 1000 a fair few investors will have taken up membership, which in turn releases further capital, possibly up to £20K.

What is interesting is to re visit the previous net café section Q&A. Looking back at the comments from John Tempest whilst he was cautious, however clearly quietly confident the totals £52K working capital & £78K ground funding would be reached. He now has a better class of problem to deal with and requires even more support to realise our aspirations.
Given this weeks on field and off field exploits I am anticipating a up beat net café tonight, perhaps even more news on the "major sponsor" indicated in the previous Q&A.

DP,MJ,DM,JT latterly DW & RC (Not forgetting MG & every player over the last 4 seasons) We all are going to make this keep happening.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:05 am

footifan wrote:It accepted the Darlo Bandera Texas Group 1600 quid
That's a great effort from you guys Chris, fabulous feel about Darlo now, so many people pulling in the right direction .Always remember a Chester fan commenting on us when we plummeted into the Northern League saying we would love the journey back through the pyramid......how right he was, that atmosphere on Tuesday night knowing a win would put us top was superb

Once again well done you Texans.

Alfie

Re: Woahhoaaa we're there - but keep pledging

Post by Alfie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:27 am

I just hope these pledges, especially the big ones, are genuine. I'm sure in any exercise of this sort people pledge in good faith and then for some reason are not able to deliver the money, but I just worry some idiots think it would be funny to have a laugh at our expense and pledge large amounts they have no intention of honouring.

divas

Re: Woahhoaaa we're there - but keep pledging

Post by divas » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:35 am

Alfie wrote:I just hope these pledges, especially the big ones, are genuine. I'm sure in any exercise of this sort people pledge in good faith and then for some reason are not able to deliver the money, but I just worry some idiots think it would be funny to have a laugh at our expense and pledge large amounts they have no intention of honouring.
We do verify the larger ones