Curtis Main...........off to Boro on loan???

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Curtis Main...........off to Boro on loan???

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:56 pm

I think the lad is going to end up leaving us fairly soon one way or another, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge him his chance. Boro have always done fairly well with youngsters, so I could see it as a much better move than going to a prem club who will dump him in the reserves for five years before flogging him.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Well if he signs permanently for the smoggies, i hope we could possibly get him back on a season long loan for next season whilst we suffer in the Blue Square Premier.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

I have a mate who works at rockcliffe park, He normally brags about boro latest targets/signings before the media release the info, but he hasn't heard nothing apparently about Curtis Main. :(
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Darlo_Fanatic wrote:but he hasn't heard nothing apparently about Curtis Main. :(
So that means he has heard something then :lol: ;)

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/bo ... _page.html

"Boro boss Gordon Strachan facing striker crisis".

Although no mention of Curtis going to Boro, there is mention of Kitson and Bent going back to their clubs, Lita being suspended for the next game, Alliadiere injured and Emnes, Williams and Franks being "forwards - not out and out strikers".

Although I wouldn't class Curtis as "out and out striker" he can certainly finish. This rumour has been going a while now but it looks like Curtis is off.
Just because Boro are having a striker problem, you automatically think they are getting Curtis Main on loan.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Even if Boro were to take Curtis, he simply isn't Championship standard yet so I doubt if he would figure so quickly. I expect Boro will make do with what they've got or make a quick loan signing from a Premiership team.
COME ON DARLO!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Although no mention of Curtis going to Boro, there is mention of Kitson and Bent going back to their clubs, Lita being suspended for the next game, Alliadiere injured and Emnes, Williams and Franks being "forwards - not out and out strikers".

Although I wouldn't class Curtis as "out and out striker" he can certainly finish. This rumour has been going a while now but it looks like Curtis is off.
Just because Boro are having a striker problem, you automatically think they are getting Curtis Main on loan.
Who exactly asked for your opinion retard?
And if you notice, that you put this on a messageboard so i am allowed to put my opinion, now run along and come up with more silly nonsense.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:02 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:Come up with more silly nonsense? Don't make me laugh!! The words pot and kettle do spring to mind......
Do they good for you, whilst we are on about kettle's. I fancy a cuppa :D

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Can you ever go into a thread and not completely embarrass yourself Andy?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Can you ever go into a thread and not completely embarrass yourself Andy?
Not embarrassing myself thanks, i see the funny side of my comment :thumbup:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Everything you post is funny mate, just not in the way you'd like it to be.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Everything you post is funny mate, just not in the way you'd like it to be.
Well either way, least we all get a laugh out of it :D

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm

But lets be honest, is Mr Coops seriously suggesting that Middlesbrough, in an attempt to get promoted back to the Premiership, are gonna replace Lita and Kitson with Curtis Main!?

And here he is talking about nonsense posts...

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

The last thing boro want is more youngsters i know there want experiance so i highly doubt there will snap up Main on loan.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Shieldsy wrote:But lets be honest, is Mr Coops seriously suggesting that Middlesbrough, in an attempt to get promoted back to the Premiership, are gonna replace Lita and Kitson with Curtis Main!?

And here he is talking about nonsense posts...
No, but a loan for the rest of a season, a few games in the reserves (with a view to signing him in the summer) is a good buy if they think they can develop him for the future, or sell on to another club in a year or two. No doubt at a profit.

I think this is a possible move.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Yes, but it is not more likely, or in any way connected to the loans of Kitson and Lita, as mr coops tried to say.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Ahh, see what you mean Shieldsy!

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

crapname

Post by crapname » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Apparently Chelsea are going to sign Curtis Main's little brother to cover for Drogba whilst he's on African Cup duty.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:12 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Who exactly asked for your opinion retard? If you can read then have a look at when I originally posted the topic - i am sure it mentions the fact I was told directly about Main joining Boro......
His point still stands though. If Boro have a striker crisis, Curtis Main is not the answer, and anyone who thinks he is would be deluded. The lad isn't even consistent enough for League 2 yet.

If Boro sign Main, they'll be signing him for the long term, not as a stop-gap while they have injuries.

And why would Boro pay a fee for a young player on loan just to play in the stiffs? Why not just ask us if they can give him a trial? We'd be foolish to block it after all.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:08 pm

My point exactly. I'm not saying he won't go there, I have no idea. Obviously if he does I hope we get a lot of money for him as there has obviously been a lot of work put in and he has potential. However, what I am saying is, any potential deal is clearly not reliant on whether Boro keep Kitson or Lita.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Do clubs pay a fee to take a player on loan? I thought it was generaly that they just paid some (or all) of the players wages while he was out on loan. I am prepared to be wrong however.

If this is the case, and Boro came to Raj and agreed the deal, with the option of a permeant signing in the future. Is it realy any different to a trial anyway? Except clearly a better deal for us!

Shrews

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:39 am

ShrewsX wrote:Do clubs pay a fee to take a player on loan? I thought it was generaly that they just paid some (or all) of the players wages while he was out on loan. I am prepared to be wrong however.

If this is the case, and Boro came to Raj and agreed the deal, with the option of a permeant signing in the future. Is it realy any different to a trial anyway? Except clearly a better deal for us!

Shrews
There's no set rule, it simply depends what the clubs agree upon. If we don't want to let Main go out on loan without us being paid a fee, we don't have to. We can set whatever fee we like, much as we can sell him for whatever we see fit.

Obviously if we were offered any fee for Curtis Main to go out on loan, we'd be foolish not to take it.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:33 am

as far as i know curtis isnt going to boro, like i said a few wks ago its an unfounded rumour started on here

ham

Post by ham » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:06 pm

I'd be very surprised that boro would want to take Curtis Main on loan. I know he's only a young lad, but to me he hasn't improved very much this season and at best he is only looking like a average league 2 player.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 pm

ham wrote: I know he's only a young lad, but to me he hasn't improved very much this season and at best he is only looking like a average league 2 player.
What a load of crap. The lad is 17 and has already bagged 4 goals for the first team. 2 coming this season in one of the worse Darlo teams in living memory. Compare him to average league 2 players when he is 21 & see where he is then, at 17 his is still on a big upward learning & ability curve.

This rumour is also a load of crap. On loan to boro - what a joke.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:06 pm

He really hasn't had much opportunity to improve this season has he?
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 am

Jf he isn't going then why isn't he getting his game? SS sort yourself out man!
COME ON DARLO!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 am

MikeinBlack wrote:Jf he isn't going then why isn't he getting his game? SS sort yourself out man!
Dead right, Staunton obviously puts Diop and Thomas ahead of Curtis which goes to prove what most Darlo fans have concluded, that he is clueless.Surely to god he should know by now who is best 2 strikers are and stick with them until he finds someone better.But he doesn`t, that is painfully obvious.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:05 am

These are fair points, I will give SS to the end of January to see if anything materialises from this to pass judgement on this situation, however if Main stays and continues to be on the bench then yet another clanger from SS!

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:16 am

curtis should be in the team, diop and thomas are non league players and below conference level at that, diop played in spanish division 4 which is wearside league level - thomas must have had something to sign for palace but i certainly havent seen it yet - the best 2 forwards at present are thorpe and curtis - another thing i find odd is that staunton appears to be pinning his hopes on whelan, a player that was released by harrowgate town because of his lack of fittness - i hope SS knows what hes doing