Whitby away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Sidarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Whitby away

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:21 am

I'm looking forward to it purely cause i've only managed one away game all season. Buxton on the first day!

Hopefully the day passes by trouble free and we get another three points towards promotion.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:33 am

I'd think it's a given, that idiots will turn up on Monday. I'm know that the police will be monitoring social media and they will have the resources to take the necessary precautions. My worry is that people will turn up from other towns looking for trouble. Hopefully the game will pass off peacefully as I'm sure there will be a strong police presence at the game, along with our stewards helping out.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:48 am

Scooter Rally at Whitby over Easter. May still be there Monday.

Heard 7-8 supporter buses going on Monday.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:Im also a season ticket holder at darlo but work till 1 on a saturday
I'm not having a go at u ... It's other people that have posted..
Probably people like me - last 6 away games, not been to a home game for about 2 maybe 3 years (never been a fan of home games since we left feethams). I have reasons, maybe the odd weak excuse, but fuck it - I'm back in love with the club and I'm going, regardless of what tits like you think.

And I will also be investing - plenty if circumstances permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you donate like Mr Park suggests??

grahamvx220

Post by grahamvx220 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:36 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:Im also a season ticket holder at darlo but work till 1 on a saturday
Probably people like me - last 6 away games, not been to a home game for about 2 maybe 3 years (never been a fan of home games since we left feethams). I have reasons, maybe the odd weak excuse, but fuck it - I'm back in love with the club and I'm going, regardless of what tits like you think.

Your question has already been answered right there Harry..lol

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:51 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

What if I said no, I don't currently donate anything to the club? Would it 1. Be any of your business? or 2. Forbid me from going to Whitby?

You're one of those precious little "look-what-I-do" pricks, I can just tell, and it's people like you I can bait all day if need be.

I'm not going to answer your question, because I shouldn't need to.

Mullet69uk on Twitter

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Looks like storm 'Kate' might have something to say about the game :thumbdown:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

grahamvx220

Post by grahamvx220 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

What if I said no, I don't currently donate anything to the club? Would it 1. Be any of your business? or 2. Forbid me from going to Whitby?

You're one of those precious little "look-what-I-do" pricks, I can just tell, and it's people like you I can bait all day if need be.

Well said Mr Mullet ;) ...I'm with you on that one...it's because of *ocks like that, that I dont post too often :roll:

grahamvx220

Post by grahamvx220 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Well said Mr Mullet ;) ...I'm with you on that one...it's because of *ocks like that, that I dont post too often :roll:

Rathers

Post by Rathers » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Hope and pray for Whitby to do summat special and unexpected tomorrow.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Rathers wrote:Hope and pray for Whitby to do summat special and unexpected tomorrow.
Against Salford?

I don't think we need worry about anyone behind us in the league.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:51 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:
ian_brown wrote:What's it like for food and drink down there??

I suppose there's no shortage of places for fish and chips but what about a quiet pint or two? I know the cricket club is on the same land but not sure how big it is and assume it'll be chocker shortly.
The cricket pavilion is their bar - 30 people in it and it'll be rammed !

And its not usually open either, but I have mentioned to my friends at Whitby CC it would be worth opening, even as a bottle bar.

Whitby FCs bar is a reasonable size, but wouldnt cope over 100 darlo fans in my opinion.

There is a chippy 30 seconds from the ground, as well as an off licence.
30 seconds in a Lambo...West up the main road.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:16 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:
ian_brown wrote:What's it like for food and drink down there??

I suppose there's no shortage of places for fish and chips but what about a quiet pint or two? I know the cricket club is on the same land but not sure how big it is and assume it'll be chocker shortly.
The cricket pavilion is their bar - 30 people in it and it'll be rammed !

And its not usually open either, but I have mentioned to my friends at Whitby CC it would be worth opening, even as a bottle bar.

Whitby FCs bar is a reasonable size, but wouldnt cope over 100 darlo fans in my opinion.

There is a chippy 30 seconds from the ground, as well as an off licence.
30 seconds in a Lambo...West up the main road.

No, 30seconds on foot. I've been to it several times.

Oh and Whitby CC next to the FC will be open, it has a pool table and serves a lovely pint
Think before posting

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:25 am

Looks like we'll need ponchos, as it's forecast to be pretty wet leading up to the game.

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Post by ian_brown » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Rathers wrote:Hope and pray for Whitby to do summat special and unexpected tomorrow.
They got a good away point, which moves them closer to safety. They've now kept four clean sheets in a row too, they are in my opinion better than their position suggests. I've won a few quid on them in recent weeks on the basis of that. Bold statement time - this could be Darlo's toughest remaining away fixture. It's certainly a big game, with a favourable home game to come next week it would be a fantastic 6 points.

As for Salford, they may not make the playoffs.

With regards crowd behaviour, I had worried that this could have the potential for trouble. Only takes a few idiots as we all know - I was at Whitby last season (more or less a year to the day) when they played FC United. There were a hundred or so young'ens opposite the main stand who were very vocal, got behind their team, but also had the potential for a flare up. FCUM's lot weren't interested but as a result Whitby's lot seemed to decide to cause aggro on their own anyway.

Mainly IMO that was down to the incompetence of the tyrant stewards who took offence to the Whitby lot setting off smoke bombs. Pretty harmless I felt, however the stewards went in mob handed and seemed to only grab hold of the youngest and smallest lads who probably didn't know much about it. No doubt there'll have been a few who missed school the next day as result :lol: .

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:24 pm

I think that they'll be that outnumbered, they'll hopefully decide to be quiet. I agree it is a potential banana skin, but aren't they all? Hopefully the overwhelming support for Darlo will intimidate Whitby.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:01 pm

it didn't when we played at home

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:40 am

You're right they didn't wilt went we took the lead earlier in the season, as I said it is a potential banana skin.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:53 am

Looks like Katie will only give a glancing blow to Whitby, so no problems with the weather.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:04 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Looks like Katie will only give a glancing blow to Whitby, so no problems with the weather.
Has anyone else received a blow off Katie before?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Post by ian_brown » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:23 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Looks like Katie will only give a glancing blow to Whitby, so no problems with the weather.
Has anyone else received a blow off Katie before?
I'm not that lucky.

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Taking my 7 year old to his first Darlo game at Whitby - is the seated area for home fans only does anyone know? Thinking he might not be able to see much if we're stood

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:01 pm

There is a big stand with unobstructed viewing on the clubhouse side open to anyone .The downside of this is you will have to listen to the whinging home fans!.They were dreadful in the pre season game.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:18 pm

The storm is now set to hammer Whitby between 6am and 1pm. Game has no chance if that stays the same.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:The storm is now set to hammer Whitby between 6am and 1pm. Game has no chance if that stays the same.
Been in Whitby 15.00-18.00 Sunday with sunny intervals, but heavy rain came and lasted 45min. Grassy area on cliff is now firm / springy and the sun is currently shining.

Strongish wind, but not a storm.

So far!!!!!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:26 pm

It looks as if the edge of the rain is going to hit Whitby around 7am for an hour or two. Hopefully come kick off it should be long gone and the pitch would have had a couple of hours to drain.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:29 pm

I hope you're right Ste. I've already missed 4 postponed games this season, and have come up North for a double header. We're battling the weather as well as Blyth this season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:42 pm

On the BBC news, the weather forecast shows the rain barely reaching Whitby, should be fine for the game.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:57 pm

BBC forecast has changed, rain over Whitby between 4am and 1pm, hope Whitbys pitch drains well

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:53 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:The storm is now set to hammer Whitby between 6am and 1pm. Game has no chance if that stays the same.
But If everyone who says they are going each takes a sponge......nae bother! ;)