Departure

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Departure

Post by AndyPark » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:46 am

Anthony Callaghan has left, went back to Washington.

Unsure if it's loan or transfer.

D_F_C

Re: Departure

Post by D_F_C » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:05 am

Don't think that's any great surprise

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 am

who?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:57 am

Pony-tailed left back played 6+1 games in October/November. Did ok.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Top Knot more than a ponytail. Keep up with the trends.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 pm

It's a man-bun!

Decent player, but I did wonder if he would be getting sick of not being in the 16-man squad.

Puts us on 19 players now with one out on loan (Gibbons) and another coming back from a long-term injury (Purewal). Defence looks a little stretched in the full-back areas but I would say our squad is quite versatile when you look at the likes of Brown, Mitchell, Galbraith, Scott, Nowakowski etc.

22 games to come in under 12 weeks, so plenty of football still to be played where players like Portas, Nowakowski & Dowson will get time to play.

Hopefully Purewal isn't too far away, I know he was back in training 3 weeks ago. Even if we can get him back for the beginning of March we have 15 league games scheduled from then.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:08 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:It's a man-bun!

Decent player, but I did wonder if he would be getting sick of not being in the 16-man squad.

Puts us on 19 players now with one out on loan (Gibbons) and another coming back from a long-term injury (Purewal). Defence looks a little stretched in the full-back areas but I would say our squad is quite versatile when you look at the likes of Brown, Mitchell, Galbraith, Scott, Nowakowski etc.

22 games to come in under 12 weeks, so plenty of football still to be played where players like Portas, Nowakowski & Dowson will get time to play.

Hopefully Purewal isn't too far away, I know he was back in training 3 weeks ago. Even if we can get him back for the beginning of March we have 15 league games scheduled from then.
19 players is more than enough at this level. In fact, even some of the premiership managers are moving toward smaller squads as it mitigates against the problems of player discontent and boredom. Spurs a case in point.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:25 pm

princes town wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:It's a man-bun!

19 players is more than enough at this level. In fact, even some of the premiership managers are moving toward smaller squads as it mitigates against the problems of player discontent and boredom. Spurs a case in point.
How can a comparison be made between the NPL & the Premier League?!

PL teams have 8 less games than us (as it stands), their season runs 3 weeks longer and PL teams have reserve & youth teams to call on, as well as being full-time.

Our schedule is hectic and I'm sure we're going to pick up several injuries and suspensions.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Another saviour is we can pick a player up whenever we want. Unlike the prem. Wont be a huge loss and we have leon who can fill in at LB with two CMs on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Brown can cover right back with White an option at CB if needed. More than enough midfielders and forwards. The main weakness is in back up for either Thompson or Mitchell now that Youhill has gone.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 pm

loan_star wrote:Brown can cover right back with White an option at CB if needed. More than enough midfielders and forwards. The main weakness is in back up for either Thompson or Mitchell now that Youhill has gone.
Or Scott, although better in midfield. If he's a sub then Amar may get a short run-out on the wing, rather than up front, but any run-out depends on how the game is going.

He has played on both wings for us in the past and that may be a good lead in to his return up front.