Nathan Cartman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Nathan Cartman

Post by onewayup » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:08 pm

What a shift the lad put in last night he's become an all-around player ,not just a goal scorer,
Work rate terrific took a lot of stick as well ,just got back up and on with the game, for me was man of the match. :thumbup:

QuakerPete

Re: Nathan Cartman

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 pm

I really like watching Cartman, he gets stuck into these much bigger defenders and often gets between them and the ball to keep things going for the team. And for his goal, just shows you don't need to be the tallest player in the box to score a header.

Big shout out for Leon Scott, too - not just on last night but since he got back into the first team this season. He's upped his game and contribution so much from last year. Had me thinking that when Portas was joined by Turnbull and Nowakowski, Leon would be suprplus to requirements. But he's produced some really good displays and is probably playing his best football since he joined the club. The Scott / Turnbull partnership is producing results

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Arguably the best player at the club and I really enjoy watching him play.

Always puts in a shift up front and I have a great deal of confidence in him taking opportunities when through on goal (something I could not say about plenty of our league forwards over the years). He does really well at holding the ball up and for his size makes it physically very demanding for defenders even when the ball in in the air. He must be one of our most fouled players in the league and he just gets up and on with it.

Proved to be a great signing, he also seems to really enjoy playing for the club.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Thought Cartman had a great game last night, but he looked a bit fortunate to win a free kick, that Galbraith took and he scored from.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Thought Cartman had a great game last night, but he looked a bit fortunate to win a free kick, that Galbraith took and he scored from.
Thought it looked like a free kick to me...

Regardless he was due one anyway. Got nothing off the referee all game despite having his shirt pulled and hands all over him when trying to bring the ball under control.

grahamvx220

Post by grahamvx220 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:46 pm

QuakerPete wrote:I really like watching Cartman, he gets stuck into these much bigger defenders and often gets between them and the ball to keep things going for the team. And for his goal, just shows you don't need to be the tallest player in the box to score a header.

Big shout out for Leon Scott, too - not just on last night but since he got back into the first team this season. He's upped his game and contribution so much from last year. Had me thinking that when Portas was joined by Turnbull and Nowakowski, Leon would be suprplus to requirements. But he's produced some really good displays and is probably playing his best football since he joined the club. The Scott / Turnbull partnership is producing results
Got to agree...my man of the moment lol... is Leon Scott....has been my MOTD in quite a few recent games...but doesnt get the same plaudits the other 'bigger' names do

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Thought Cartman had a great game last night, but he looked a bit fortunate to win a free kick, that Galbraith took and he scored from.
100% free kick. I have no idea what the defender was thinking, you could see about 5 yards before it happened that the CB had made his mind up to try and see the ball out and once Cartman applied the pressure he just barged him out of the way.

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Got to agree, and we don't exactly play to his strengths a lot of the time. Chases everything, backs in a lot and gets his fair share of headers.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:28 pm

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:
100% free kick. I have no idea what the defender was thinking, you could see about 5 yards before it happened that the CB had made his mind up to try and see the ball out and once Cartman applied the pressure he just barged him out of the way.
When the ball was in the air he wasn't looked at it and was focused only on cartman. It was defo a free kick, not only was it a free kick but it made the player look stupid when he complained about it