True loyalty.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

True loyalty.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Apparently at least 5 Darlo fans drove over to Salford tonight, to buy tickets for our game at there place. I was with one of the fans dad, when he got a call from his daughter, saying that they had paid to get in and 3 of them had got tickets, but his daughter and another girl had been refused a ticket, because they said that they weren't Salford fans. I hope they managed to get tickets after making such a long trip, as there loyalty and dedication should be rewarded.

super_les_mcjannet

Re: True loyalty.

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:47 pm

So they missed a Darlo match to get tickets for a different Darlo match.

Not sure if this makes it an act of True Loyalty or just daftness.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:49 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:So they missed a Darlo match to get tickets for a different Darlo match.

Not sure if this makes it an act of True Loyalty or just daftness.
Unless they are exiles from over that way. :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:01 pm

Nope 2 of the girls used to work in the club house selling pies and drinks, so they definitely live in the Darlo area. They just wanted to make sure that they got into the Salford game, as they go to nearly all our away games.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Not sure I'd describe giving Salford money, at the expense of Darlo, "true loyalty".
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 pm

True loyalty is going to our home game tonight and going to Salford without a ticket and watching from over the wall.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 pm

True loyalty is going to watch your team play home and away, regardless of the opposition.

You'd think this Salford game was a play off final or summat, it's no more important than the other 20 Remaining games.

Loyalty is trekking out to Bishop every home game, not putting money into Salfords coffers. FFS

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:33 pm

Lawman3 wrote:Not sure I'd describe giving Salford money, at the expense of Darlo, "true loyalty".
Maybe Franz was playing!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 am

Gow9900 wrote: You'd think this Salford game was a play off final or summat, it's no more important than the other 20 Remaining games.
Spot on. Everyone is going overboard for this game, which is bizarre as we play them at home a few weeks later anyway.

Salford have already started the mind games with the ticket allocation. With some fans going OTT, I hope the players and management can at least keep themselves in check. Salford know how to push our buttons and I fear we're falling for it once again.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:11 am

Gow9900 wrote:True loyalty is going to watch your team play home and away, regardless of the opposition.

You'd think this Salford game was a play off final or summat, it's no more important than the other 20 Remaining games.

Loyalty is trekking out to Bishop every home game, not putting money into Salfords coffers. FFS
Well said

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:20 am

So, we're 5 supporters down tonight ? Potentially £50 not in our coffers presuming they are not season ticket holders ..

The only game they should have been at tonight is the home match against Buxton with the rest of us

That's all that mattered tonight...

And the only thing that now matters is Skelmersdale on Saturday

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:39 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Gow9900 wrote: You'd think this Salford game was a play off final or summat, it's no more important than the other 20 Remaining games.
Spot on. Everyone is going overboard for this game, which is bizarre as we play them at home a few weeks later anyway.

Salford have already started the mind games with the ticket allocation. With some fans going OTT, I hope the players and management can at least keep themselves in check. Salford know how to push our buttons and I fear we're falling for it once again.
I'm utterly bemused how big of a deal people are making about the game, It's a game against a promotion rival, and people are going OTT about it cos of the fact the Man Utd lot own them. Simple as.

I know people that are busting a gut to get a ticket for Salford, but you literally cannot drag them to a 'home' game even if they are doing nothing else and are offered a free lift. And then they will be the first to complain when the club asks for money as part of a fundraising drive to fund the Blackwell move. It's like they cannot understand the link between being a fan owned/funded club and going to home games and putting money into the club.

And for the record, I am f*cking sick of going out to Bishop, I was after a few months, but if I am to have my/our football club back home I am fully prepared to keep on going to Bishop until we are back home, because if we don't, we might not have a club to bring home.

Anyways, that's my rant over.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:10 am

True insanity more like.

They need their heads knocking together, what bunch of utter mugs.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:11 am

Having a go at Darlo fans, for wanting to get tickets for our game at Salford is OTT in my opinion. The Salford game is massive and we'll need every fan for the game, to help negate the hostile atmosphere. A good few of our fans didn't bother to go last night, so don't have a go at 5 of our fans for getting off there backsides, to try and get tickets for the Salford game, have a go at the fans that stayed at home.

olrad

Post by olrad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:16 am

Or maybe the club already has their money and these younguns just didn't rate the odds of them all getting a ticket because some crusty old blokes at the FA apparently have made the game all ticket, and salford have decided that because of the actions of a few pished up knobheads that they only want 250 of us there . Hats off to them for trying to stick two fingers up to the old crustys , nothing they can do about the old crustys on this board mind......and for the record i know at least one of them has been a season ticket holder for years, even when volunteering so putting their money into the club and then not getting to watch all our games is nothing new to them....ffs

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:30 am

Yeah lets be fair two of the people gone have done miles more for the club than most on this board. People need to chill.

Ive accepted i wont get to the match and will donate the ticket price to dfc.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:30 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Having a go at Darlo fans, for wanting to get tickets for our game at Salford is OTT in my opinion. The Salford game is massive and we'll need every fan for the game, to help negate the hostile atmosphere. A good few of our fans didn't bother to go last night, so don't have a go at 5 of our fans for getting off there backsides, to try and get tickets for the Salford game, have a go at the fans that stayed at home.
Haha - Darlo_Pete's rattled. Image

Basically all you've said there is "Don't have a go a my mates who didn't go to last night's game, have a go at everyone else."

Your hysterical and feeble defence is OTT. The Salford 5 were fools and if some of them didn't get tickets then it serves them right.

Why is this Salford game so important? Why is it more significant than the 20 other games we have left? The answer is it isn't and people are behaving like loonies over this one game.

Why can't they wait a few weeks to see the Salford game at HP, which will be a bigger game anyway?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:26 am

The hype over the Salford game is completely OTT. If it wasn't being made all ticket I am not convinced that it would get anywhere near the same response as last season.

That said we have now when we are in need of money lost gate receipts and literally given our promotion rival more money at or expense. It is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

I am shocked that most people couldn't find someone who lives in the northwest in the age of the Internet to pick them up a ticket if they are that desperate. Especially as Salford won't have the one person one ticket rule.

In my experience we have a horrible habit of losing big games in front of big crowds that has hungover us from our FL days. Whenever we did a a cheap ticket offer it was guaranteed we'd play terrible and lose. The players aren't going to notice an extra 5 darlo fans.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:31 am

lo36789 wrote:In my experience we have a horrible habit of losing big games in front of big crowds that has hungover us from our FL days.

Martin Gray did his best last year with two big playoff wins, Spennymoor and Bamber :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:58 am

Not as bad as we used to be, did particularly well against Spennymoor in fact over the last few years. Just a lingering thought I have from FL days more than anything perhaps...

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:56 am

It's exactly the type of thing I'd have done when I was younger to be honest. Get an idea, even if it sounds a bit bizarre, and go and drive to Manchester because you can.

I think a few people want to lighten up a bit and let some of our young fans enjoy growing up without thinking old fogeys are judging them!

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:57 am

m62exile wrote:It's exactly the type of thing I'd have done when I was younger to be honest. Get an idea, even if it sounds a bit bizarre, and go and drive to Manchester because you can.

I think a few people want to lighten up a bit and let some of our young fans enjoy growing up without thinking old fogeys are judging them!
TBH not bothered about people doing it, Its the post about 'True loyalty' thats a bit annoying.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:19 am

LO apart from that last Wembley trip!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:41 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Having a go at Darlo fans, for wanting to get tickets for our game at Salford is OTT in my opinion. The Salford game is massive and we'll need every fan for the game, to help negate the hostile atmosphere. A good few of our fans didn't bother to go last night, so don't have a go at 5 of our fans for getting off there backsides, to try and get tickets for the Salford game, have a go at the fans that stayed at home.
Well last year we took around a thousand according to some estimates. Didn't do us a lot of good, did it? In fact, probably contributed to a more hostile atmosphere.

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:29 am

shawry wrote:
m62exile wrote:It's exactly the type of thing I'd have done when I was younger to be honest. Get an idea, even if it sounds a bit bizarre, and go and drive to Manchester because you can.

TBH not bothered about people doing it, Its the post about 'True loyalty' thats a bit annoying.
I agree with Shawry, it is about the post being titled 'true loyalty'.

If we were not playing at home last night and the 'Darlo 5' had gone to Salford to get their tickets, then I'd have not commented and probably thought that it was 'True loyalty'.....

... but we were at home last night.

What is encouraging is the amount of 'comment' on here stating the Salford match isn't any more important than any of the others... it appears only a few are hyping it up

Skelmersdale is now the biggest game going. We were lucky to get a draw down at their place and this will be another difficult game.

In my opinion, we all should be concentrating on them not Salford

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:00 pm

You're a bit of a bellend aren't you?
Craig Liddle is God!!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:24 pm

From what I can see Shawy and Darlo baron are spot on.
The title of the thread is designed to get a reaction and Darlo Pete is a bellend.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:30 pm

The two Salford games won't decide anything but the games are of increased significance. If we don't win the title then we need to be looking to finish second if we can, given the home-away play-off ramifications. Doing the double over them could give us a major boost. Beating major rivals above you in the league is THE cast-iron chance to ensure you make up important ground on them and help achieve the above goal.
Of course, I can't stand the arrogant, minted, devious twats as well :mrgreen:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:50 pm

It is obviously an important game, but it isn't a head-for-head title clash like it was last season. If we had won there last season we'd have won the title in my opinion.

What people are disputing is whether true loyalty is spending £14 on Salford tickets + petrol for 2 trips to Manchester at the cost of £9 to Darlington FC.

The Salford 5 would have probably shown true loyalty by becoming members of the Supporters Group for a year. I know for a fact that out of the two 500 club members I know neither are going to the Salford game, so chance are they'd be on the priority list anyway.

Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 pm

I agree with most it's just stupid

It seems most are closet ammies tbh