Rumour about Blyth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Rumour about Blyth

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:38 pm

I was speaking to somebody today and a friend said to him that Blyth apparently have said they won't take up promotion if they win the league this season. If this is the case, then I don't know what would happen? Would there be just one side promoted from the Evostick League or would the team that came second go up automatically and the play-offs involve the 4 teams immediately below the side that went up instead of Blyth. I've no way of verifying the above, but if true it could greatly enhance our chances of going up, if 2 sides are allowed to get promoted at the end of the season.

onewayup

Re: Rumour about Blyth

Post by onewayup » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:05 pm

i was speaking to a friend of a friend who has a friend of a man who is a friend of a friend of a darlo supporter who said we are going to sign dan burn if sheff utd don't.enough said.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Why would Blyth turn down promotion? Of course they will.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:22 pm

You don't apply for promotion at this level, so lies.

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Of course they won't & a Darlo fan in Greece is going to buy a major part of the club & put us on a sound footing financially :roll:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was speaking to somebody today and a friend said to him that Blyth apparently have said they won't take up promotion if they win the league this season. If this is the case, then I don't know what would happen? Would there be just one side promoted from the Evostick League or would the team that came second go up automatically and the play-offs involve the 4 teams immediately below the side that went up instead of Blyth. I've no way of verifying the above, but if true it could greatly enhance our chances of going up, if 2 sides are allowed to get promoted at the end of the season.
Seems a big 'if', but if that were to be true I'm not sure it would greatly enhance our chances.

The only scenarios in which it helps is if we finish 2nd to Blyth, or if we finish 6th.

Personally I think we'll finish between 3rd and 5th, behind both Salford and Blyth, so it would make no difference at all other than us possibly avoiding Salford in the play-offs (although I think they'll go up as Champions anyway).
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:43 pm

If Workington Chairman Glenn Heathcote sees Darlo_Pete's rumour he'll have to go and get himself a cold shower!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Normally I would join in this "Pete" bashing but........................I swear to God that I have only just read this post and I dreamt last night that.............Blyth won the league but didn't want the promotion spot! I need help please......................

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Utter nonsense.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Blyth really want to get back up to Conf North, financially after last season they are sound. So no reason to believe the rumour, they are looking good at the moment for promotion, points on the board and all that.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was speaking to somebody today and a friend said to him that Blyth apparently have said they won't take up promotion if they win the league this season. If this is the case, then I don't know what would happen? Would there be just one side promoted from the Evostick League or would the team that came second go up automatically and the play-offs involve the 4 teams immediately below the side that went up instead of Blyth. I've no way of verifying the above, but if true it could greatly enhance our chances of going up, if 2 sides are allowed to get promoted at the end of the season.
God you talk shite Pete...

Sat ont shitter

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Given Blyth have already played at Conference North Level it would be strange for them not to want promotion again.

They have shown they can survive financially at that level.
They have a ground that is easily of Conference North Standard (albeit with that slightly quirky extension to the seats at the front of the Main Stand.
Travelling in Conference North is not hugely more than NPL Premier division

There would seem to be no obvious reason why the would not take promotion.

It would be great for NE non league football if in a season Newcastle & Sunderland are competing to be relegated and Boro are trying to throw promotion if our local Non league sides can get promotion instead

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:47 pm

I dislike Pete, and so does my wife..

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:23 am

my mates dads brother in laws dog told me that Blyth are about to sign Zippy off rainbow and play him at centre half

offside

Post by offside » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:12 am

bertbanger wrote:my mates dads brother in laws dog told me that Blyth are about to sign Zippy off rainbow and play him at centre half
:lol: :lol:

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 am

bertbanger wrote:my mates dads brother in laws dog told me that Blyth are about to sign Zippy off rainbow and play him at centre half
Let's not get silly about this, Zippy's much better on the left.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

My Zippy's always up front in a men's team, but at the back in the ladies format. :roll:

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Post by satchmo76 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:07 pm

IIRC the higher league simply relegates one fewer team so somebody gets a reprieve; the play-offs are not affected.

For example, Northern League champions often don't fancy the Evostik so the Evostik does not relegate a side to the NL.

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:46 pm

In all seriousness, you can't refuse promotion from the Evo-Stick Division 1 North (or regional equivalent) or above.

Any team that qualifies to play in the FA Trophy is automatically promoted or relegated.