Thomo - Improved Team Play?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Neil Johnson
Team Supported: Darlington

Thomo - Improved Team Play?

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Is he more "co-ordinated" and "effective" now?

Maybe so, just on my viewing of highlights and a few games this season.

His former individual dribbling and long distance shooting role was easier to counter when we reached Evo Stik levels, but has he eventually found a new confident and effective style that better suits our team play at this level?

He's always played well with his ex Durham City colleagues, but having the likes of Cartman, Turnbull & Galbraith around him seems to have really improved Thomo's ball control, passing & movement.

Opinions Please.........

dickdarlington

Re: Thomo - Improved Team Play?

Post by dickdarlington » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:17 pm

He's full of confidence again, and definitely seems to have a trust in others now. Previously he would never have left the ball for Cartman to run onto for the second. The other thing is he's trying stuff again once he's created space to do it. As opposed to forcing a ball through when it wasn't on. Which was happening the more he got frustrated. He should be pleased with how he's performing at the moment.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Thomo has got better and better as the season has gone on. He's a team player, who's always prepared to try something different. I wonder how far he can go up the pyramid with Darlo?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Thomo has got better and better as the season has gone on. He's a team player, who's always prepared to try something different. I wonder how far he can go up the pyramid with Darlo?
He's very fit, has ball control and shows some quick thinking, so can go higher. In my opinion the better the players around him the more we will get from him. With larger crowds from playing at BM we should increase the number of technically better players.