Echo Article.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Echo Article.

Post by JE93 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:45 am

Further hope added by MG suggesting that the ground share agreement could be in place by the end of the month http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/14 ... well_move/

Hope along these lines that all possible fund raising possibilities are being considered so that when the time comes fans have a great range of initiatives to put money in to support the club moving back home. We need to press on and a Conf North standard ground from the beginning would be a great achievement. With the team we have on the pitch currently we might need it.

divas

Re: Echo Article.

Post by divas » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:26 am

:thumbup:

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:03 am

Will the end of the month be soon enough v need to raise funds?

It'll once again come across terribly if we make a cash call on the fans "because we've run out of money" as was mentioned in Dave Mill's Xmas message. It makes the club & its owners (us) look totally incompetent.

I'd rather the club drew down further on the 500 club money & only did fund raise once everything was signed off with the rugby club.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:27 am

Robbie Painter wrote:

I'd rather the club drew down further on the 500 club money & only did fund raise once everything was signed off with the rugby club.
This is what is happening - a second draw down was approved by the shareholders at the Club AGM last year, just before the arrival of Brown & Kneeshaw.

Fundraising can continue regardless, but there should be a clear cash target set & new initiatives launched after a BM agreement (and commitments to commercial support confirmed from local businesses).

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:34 am

:clap:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:49 am

Sounds promising, but until it's signed, sealed and delivered (and funded!) I won't be getting too excited. We've been close before!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:54 am

On the fund raising issue with all these home games been postponed I would rather see a 'plan in place' for a fund raising friendly at say Durham on there plastic pitch, with all the teams in the N League struggling to get games on there would be no shortage of takers. Darlington RA away game has been postponed this Saturday not sure what there pitch is like but there are number of possibilities, put something on and footy starved fans will turn up, and pay to watch.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:05 am

It does annoy me when simple facts cannot be correctly stated in the Echo. ".......been engaged in negotiations with their counterparts at DRC for over a year." Well yes Craig over 2 years since negotiations commenced is over a year! Other than that rant glad news seems promising.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:15 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

This is what is happening - a second draw down was approved by the shareholders at the Club AGM last year, just before the arrival of Brown & Kneeshaw.

Fundraising can continue regardless, but there should be a clear cash target set & new initiatives launched after a BM agreement (and commitments to commercial support confirmed from local businesses).
Only one draw down of 1/5th has been agreed and occurred as far as I am aware.

I agree with Robbie, rather than a desperate call now I would rather we completed another draw down and then looked to replenish with whatever fund raising plan comes through to get us back to Darlo.

Whatever happends it needs to be handled well and not seem desperate due to spending on our budget, more in regards to getting home.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:24 pm

It's good to hear some positive news about non-playing matters.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:13 pm

love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 pm

All going well from what I have heard and just a matter of time, no issues other than the raising a bit more money.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:23 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:All going well from what I have heard and just a matter of time, no issues other than the raising a bit more money.
How much is "a bit"?
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:All going well from what I have heard and just a matter of time, no issues other than the raising a bit more money.
How much is "a bit"?
Hopefully Dan Burn's sell on clause money will go a long way to meeting any funding shortfall.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
How much is "a bit"?
Probably more like a lot...I guess the estimate is 100k currently, 50k from the fund drawdown and 50k budget overspend due to not being in Darlo.

Maybe we have closed the gap somehow, maybe the costs will go up, we await a further update.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Do we have any update on the move back? I do wish MG would avoid mentioning dates

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:
How much is "a bit"?
Hopefully Dan Burn's sell on clause money will go a long way to meeting any funding shortfall.
You live on another planet don't you?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:59 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:It's good to hear some positive news about non-playing matters.
There's some more of that in tonight's programme ;) :shh: :silent:

Just one of the benefits of subscribing to the PDF version, you know :D
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 am

Meeting to be announced for next Thursday 3 November 2016

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:09 am

love it! wrote:Meeting to be announced for next Thursday 3 November 2016
March?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:59 pm

November! ha! I know that was a genuine error but it may be closer to when we actually get going on this.

Hopefully the new director alongside Mr. Tempest can push this forward now. I'm personally glad we aren't rushing in to something completely in the Rugby clubs favour.