Darlington vs Ilkeston MATCH OFF

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Rufusuk
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Rufusuk » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:59 am

According to the Evostick website!
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/fixtures

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Darlington vs Ilkeston MATCH OFF

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:00 am

Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:19 am

Getting beyond a joke now, how can Bishops manage to get the odd game on and we cannot, both parties need to get together and try and come up with a solution regarding the useless drainage or our season will be over if this continues.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:20 am

So we have lost 6/7 homes games off the top of my head now since the beginning of November, the last home game being at the end of October.

Having a look at the forecasts, the rest of January is going to be wet, so it is likely we won't have any home games until at least February, as the pitch just does not drain.

Very worrying times

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:25 am

Blyth's match at Mickleover Sports has also been postponed. No problems reported at Salford City (3rd v Barwell) while the games at Workington (4th v Colwyn Bay) and Nantwich Town (2nd v Whitby Town) both passed pitch inspections this morning.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:32 am

Presumably Bishops are receiving an attractive rental income from us and have completely FAILED to address the same old problems from last season and the season before and are we getting any help from them to try and get matches on or is it totally down to us?.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:37 am

reading in the paper today they are saying more rain to come over next few days and then a big freeze and snow.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Presumably Bishops are receiving an attractive rental income from us and have completely FAILED to address the same old problems from last season and the season before and are we getting any help from them to try and get matches on or is it totally down to us?.

Problems to be addressed after we leave.
M I C R A 3

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:53 am

Gow9900 wrote:So we have lost 6/7 homes games off the top of my head now since the beginning of November, the last home game being at the end of October.
I'm pretty sure it's 6! I include the Salford game when they were at Hartlepool because that most likely would have been called off too.

It's a serious problem now. Can the club not find a venue for next Saturday's game?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:02 am

Flap flap flap.
Several other games in the region called off as well.
You cant beat the weather !
Think before posting

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:10 am

Would there be any possibility of reversing the fixture?.I know it would be another week with no income but it would be a game less to rearrange .And if HP is still nackered next week there would be no income anyway.Getting desperate now.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:21 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Presumably Bishops are receiving an attractive rental income from us and have completely FAILED to address the same old problems from last season and the season before and are we getting any help from them to try and get matches on or is it totally down to us?.

I agree... Workington get a game on after the weather they've had and we haven't played at home since October...

People can blame weather, but it's like this every season... The drainage is inadequate... That's the reason for this problem. Bishop have failed to address this. It shouldn't be down to us... Surely it's up to them as ground owners to use the rental income we give them to make sure we have a pitch that meets the required standards... They haven't done this.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:28 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Surely it's up to them as ground owners to use the rental income we give them to make sure we have a pitch that meets the required standards...

I'm sure I read some where that we pay them £ "X" for every match.

If this is correct (don't know for sure Gramps!) The season rental income is obviously 23 times £ "X" plus extra cup games as agreed.

I reckon, in the short term if we don't play, we won't pay rent.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Thought it was just £25k per year to share.

Anyway for the flappers out there I went down to Blackwell today and was greeted by a perfectly playable first team pitch!

Slightly flooded soon to be car park (currently a field) in one corner where there are some ditches mind nothing that wouldn't be fixed by having a proper gradient on it.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:12 pm

lo36789 wrote:Thought it was just £25k per year to share.
I think it is, but I doubt if it's payable all at once- that's what I'm getting at. I'm sure someone knows..........
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:58 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Surely it's up to them as ground owners to use the rental income we give them to make sure we have a pitch that meets the required standards...

If this is correct (don't know for sure Gramps!) The season rental income is obviously 23 times £ "X" plus extra cup games as agreed.

Meaning we can look for a temp alternative venue without paying double rent.

By the way... Carlisle are playing at home... You could barely see their crossbar last week... So the weather cant be blamed!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:01 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

By the way... Carlisle are playing at home... You could barely see their crossbar last week... So the weather cant be blamed!

They are playing at Ewood park ImageImage

Sat ont shitter

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Our registered ground is Heritage Park though. That is the postcode from which match official appointments are made and where we register as playing for this season.

You can't just change that because you don't own it. West Ham are just renting the Olympic Stadium, Coventry are renting the Ricoh - they can't just go and play somewhere else because it's a bit soggy.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:49 pm

So at what point does it turn from being 'a bit soggy', to being the situation Carlisle are in?

If the pitch is unplayable, it's unplayable. I'm not sure there's a scale of unplayability.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Spyman wrote:So at what point does it turn from being 'a bit soggy', to being the situation Carlisle are in?

If the pitch is unplayable, it's unplayable. I'm not sure there's a scale of unplayability.
We must be approaching that point - as we've had no home game for over two months. It's not an emergency yet, but I wonder if there is a plan B?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Didn't darlogramps say that Bishop have played on it since we have had postponements? We have been unfortunately hit by adverse weather which has fallen around our matchdays we have not been mis-sold a playing field!

It's frustrating, it's annoying but it is simply bad luck. Bishop aren't to blame we can't use it as leverage to get our of an agreement with them. They are not providing a service to us they are allowing us use of their ground for a season.

I may have missed the sentiment of the messages but they seemed to be that since we are renting game by game, can't we instead rent somewhere else as if it is a hire car. It is not so simple as that we wouldn't need a heck of a lot of special dispensation from the FA plus it would be double rent otherwise we'd breach our agreement with Bishop (remember the fuss over Shildon) - we still havn't even tried Manchester Uniteds worms yet!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Spyman wrote:So at what point does it turn from being 'a bit soggy', to being the situation Carlisle are in?

It's a lot more than a "soggy pitch"at Carlisle.Changing rooms,offices,bars and everything else at Brunton will be bollocksed.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:28 pm

I dont like in the area but does anyone know how Blackwell Meadows
is holding up in this weather?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:I dont like in the area but does anyone know how Blackwell Meadows
is holding up in this weather?

lo does - see above in this thread.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Emdubya wrote:

It's a lot more than a "soggy pitch"at Carlisle.Changing rooms,offices,bars and everything else at Brunton will be bollocksed.
Yep, all of which make games unplayable. But not any more or less unplayable, just unplayable.

I suppose my quibble isn't really that we should be allowed to up sticks and play somewhere else, but come Carlisle can do it at the drop of a hat?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Spyman wrote:I suppose my quibble isn't really that we should be allowed to up sticks and play somewhere else, but come Carlisle can do it at the drop of a hat?
I suppose with Carlisle, straight away it would of been clear that their stadium was written off - possibly until the end of the season.

Our situation is different, however I still think a plan "B" could, and should be considered if things continue as they are.
lo36789 wrote:plus it would be double rent otherwise we'd breach our agreement with Bishop
I don't think you know that for sure lo :silent:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:54 pm

The ever increasing backlog of fixtures is creating a variety of problems for darlo. The first problem is the pressure and stress on the players and management when they stat playing again with games coming thick and fast.
Secondly, the recent lack of home games has severely curtailed the clubs cash flow, particularly the two most recent postponements when we could have expected above average attendances, and thirdly the inevitable strain on the wallets of the fans when we may end up playing two, if not three home games in a week.
I wonder if the club have considered the possibility of selling advance, open ended tickets for any league game between now and the end of the season, excluding any play offs, and if the club were to offer this, would there be enough response from supporters to make this worthwhile.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:11 pm

meadowlark wrote:The ever increasing backlog of fixtures is creating a variety of problems for darlo. The first problem is the pressure and stress on the players and management when they stat playing again with games coming thick and fast.
Secondly, the recent lack of home games has severely curtailed the clubs cash flow, particularly the two most recent postponements when we could have expected above average attendances, and thirdly the inevitable strain on the wallets of the fans when we may end up playing two, if not three home games in a week.
I wonder if the club have considered the possibility of selling advance, open ended tickets for any league game between now and the end of the season, excluding any play offs, and if the club were to offer this, would there be enough response from supporters to make this worthwhile.
If you mean a half season ticket, I believe they were on offer by the club during the weeks leading up to Boxing Day.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:17 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

They are playing at Ewood park ImageImage

Sat ont shitter
Ah... Didnt realise that...

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 pm

My suggestion was to issue single match tickets but not made out for a particular game. This would enable supporters to buy tickets in advance and use them for any game of their choosing. However, I realise that there would need to be a considerable take up to make it worthwhile for the club and to bring in some much needed cash flow.