goals scorers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

goals scorers

Post by onewayup » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:35 pm

I think that we need to be scoring more goals from midfield to be involved in the promotion hunt come the final months of the season,I just don't think we have scored anywhere near enough at the moment, I think once Armstrong is fully fit things may happen,he,s missed as he is probably the best forward who can hold the ball higher up the pitch bringing the midd fielders into the game higher up ,which in turn allows them the opportunity at goal.

Darlo_Pete

Re: goals scorers

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:44 pm

We now have plenty of striking options, especially if Purewal can re-capture his old form and we should be scoring goals for fun. Obviously if players can chip in with goals from other positions, then it will only help our cause. But I don't think we have a big scoring problem.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We now have plenty of striking options, especially if Purewal can re-capture his old form and we should be scoring goals for fun. Obviously if players can chip in with goals from other positions, then it will only help our cause. But I don't think we have a big scoring problem.
What a load of tosh. You realise we're not going to score 3/4/5 goals a game don't you
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Some people are expecting us to win 5-0 like it's the northern league, well those days have gone.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:14 pm

I think we are second top scorers, so we aren't doing too badly!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:18 pm

It was onewayup that wants more goalscorers, I was saying we have plenty already.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Read the post,it clearly states that I think the midfielders need to score more ,strikers are plentiful,but we don't get enough goals from midfield at the moment,that,s all just an observation.do you think the midfield are scoring enough.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:53 pm

What does it matter where the goals come from as long as we are scoring?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:12 pm

AndyPark wrote:What does it matter where the goals come from as long as we are scoring?
Exactly.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:54 pm

onewayup wrote:I think that we need to be scoring more goals from midfield to be involved in the promotion hunt come the final months of the season,I just don't think we have scored anywhere near enough at the moment, I think once Armstrong is fully fit things may happen,he,s missed as he is probably the best forward who can hold the ball higher up the pitch bringing the midd fielders into the game higher up ,which in turn allows them the opportunity at goal.
Armstrong isn't going to get fully fit if MG keeps him on the bench like last Saturday! On the other side of the coin perhaps this is part of his rehabilitation programme? I am not sure.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:07 am

I'd agree if we were a team whose goals all came from one or two forwards, but all of our forwards, 5 or 6 of them probably, can be relied upon to chip in so I don't think we need a free scoring midfield to back this up necessarily.

If Cartman or Gaskell were to lose form we have Armstrong, Dowson, Thompson, Kneeshaw and hopefully Purewal who can all step in to pick up the load.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:35 am

Given Thompson and Mitchell play in midfield and chip in with goals I can only presume the OP means goals from central midfielders.

Turnbull / Scott are going to sit so there's only really Portas, who actually started the season with a few but since he picked up his first niggle 6 weeks or so ago he's struggled. Once he's fully fit he'll be knocking a few in again. As others have said, when you have 5 or 6 players capable of scoring 10+ over the season you're in a pretty good place. I've never once looked at us and thought we need more goalscoring threat. Aren't we second top scorers in the league overall yet only Cartman is anywhere near the top scorers list in the division? That tells you all you need to know.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:28 am

if the drought (of not scoring 5 a game) continues we can always just throw Mitchell Corbyn in...

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:00 am

Kneeshaw will probably score a decent total from midfield and create goals for others with his good passing.

Being TOO reliant on any front two is a concern, as defences are a stronger & more clued up in this season's league, so some midfielders need to push forward more often.