Seats for Saturday?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BaronsCourtQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Seats for Saturday?

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Not sure if anyone can help. Or point me in the right direction.

I have a standing season ticket, but have damaged my Achilles' tendon and am on crutches for the forseeable. I have never made any attempt to sit in the main stand but if I want to get two
Seats there for Saturday how
Do I go about it?

Would be with my old man and we both have season tickets.

Thanks in advance.

divas

Re: Seats for Saturday?

Post by divas » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:38 pm

They're pretty much all allocated to season ticket holders so you'd not be able to sort something up front, it'll be a case of pot luck - there are always spares but you might just need to move around a bit as people arrive - obviously not great with a knackered knee.

Obviously there's plenty behind the goal.

I'll try and see if all of our lot are expecting to make it on Saturday as there's normally one or two who don't make it. If there's any missing you'd be quite welcome to have one of our spares.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:39 pm

As far I'm aware, for league matches all of the seats are allocated to season tickets, home/away officials and hospitality. Your only hope is that some season ticket holders don't turn up or hospitality is under subscribed.

A guaranteed alternative is the stand behind the goal. Despite the aesthetics, the seats are spacious (particularly if you've got a leg injury) and do provide a good view. Only problem is the forecast for the second half of the match is rain - but a lot can change in 24 hours!

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks folks. Thought was the case with regards allocation.

If you have any joy Divas please do let me know.

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Divas please can you help BCQ to use my seat? I'm a Vice President but living in Armenia although I did make it to the last match!!!! Dave Mills knows me and I'm sure will help if needs be.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Another alternative is to actually sit in the bar area viewing through the Windows.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Seats for Saturday?

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks all.

I'm sure the team would help best they can tomorrow but It's a bit of a mission getting to the game tomorrow (long dull story) so don't want to set off if I can't get a couple of seats. Likewise don't want to be putting people out if it's too much trouble.

I'll keep checking in on here and private messages if I can get something fixed up that would be great, if I can't I guess it's karma for not going last Saturday with the view that we had loads of games at the moment at home.

More than happy to sit in a bar watching the game.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:28 pm

There are no issues staying in the bar area during the game quite a few do it. If you have a leg injury you would be better off doing that as legroom is tight in the main stand

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks quakerste. Have never been into the main stand do you just head in through the main door?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Go through the turnstile by the car park, if you can't manage the steps you can use the lift which will take you up to the bar area

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:49 am

I was wheelchair bound and on crutches for about a 3rd of last season, the club and the stewards were more than helpful and I sat in the disabled seats in the stand, and in better weather behind the goal. Never had a problem for any games, hope you recover quickly.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 am

GAME OFF. Decision made for me. Thanks very much everyone for your help and advice.