Waste Auckland V Darlington FC Cancelled

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: Waste Auckland V Darlington FC Cancelled

Post by princes town » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:34 am

dfc4me wrote:What frustrates me is that he was listed on the Evo-stik website at the end of August as a transfer from Cardiff to Darlo so clearance obviously needed yet no one at the league bothered to check it had been obtained before confirming his registration. If they are going to register players without checking that ALL the paperwork is in order then why even bother?
Its a fair point. It would have been helpful whene the deal is so transparent. Sadly like a lot of things in the corporate world regulation is left to the members rather than a central authority. In my experience, the FA always have this bad habit of acting retrospectively rather than being pro-active.

princes town

Post by princes town » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:36 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
dfc4me wrote:What frustrates me is that he was listed on the Evo-stik website at the end of August as a transfer from Cardiff to Darlo so clearance obviously needed yet no one at the league bothered to check it had been obtained before confirming his registration. If they are going to register players without checking that ALL the paperwork is in order then why even bother?
Its the club's responsibility to check, also the player fills in a form I believe. As this was only picked up once he joined Shildon then I'm assuming that the Shildon secretary was more thorough than ours which is very disappointing & probably very costly.
The player does indeed but I'd be even wary of that tbh. Registration is one act where you have to be overly anal about it.

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:29 pm

It seems the club and other info sources are very tight lipped about this situation at present.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:32 pm

The thing is, there really in no precedent for this, at least not that I can find anyway. Nearly every single ineligible player has been flagged after playing one game, the reason being is that as soon as the line-ups etc. are recorded and registered with the FA the error is picked up on. Somehow Bell managed to play 6 games and nobody picked up on the error. I don't think there is an example of a player consistently playing and nobody picking up on registration issues. Technically they should dock us 12 points, but I wonder if this has ever occurred before?

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Yarblockos wrote:The thing is, there really in no precedent for this, at least not that I can find anyway. Nearly every single ineligible player has been flagged after playing one game, the reason being is that as soon as the line-ups etc. are recorded and registered with the FA the error is picked up on. Somehow Bell managed to play 6 games and nobody picked up on the error. I don't think there is an example of a player consistently playing and nobody picking up on registration issues. Technically they should dock us 12 points, but I wonder if this has ever occurred before?
Altrincham were deducted 18 points in 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 927718.stm

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:33 pm

I think we should prepare ourselves for losing all the points gained when Bell played for us. Everything seems to point in that direction irrespective of any mitigation and this ludicrous Welsh/English FA/"international" clearance situation.

For me, anything less than that will be a bonus. It looks like it's just treated as an absolute offence with no real defence and it's up to each club to ensure every player they field is correctly cleared to play. They'll throw the book at us and they probably have to be seen to do so to be fair to the clubs that have suffered previously despite their protests.

princes town

Post by princes town » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:48 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think we should prepare ourselves for losing all the points gained when Bell played for us. Everything seems to point in that direction irrespective of any mitigation and this ludicrous Welsh/English FA/"international" clearance situation.

For me, anything less than that will be a bonus. It looks like it's just treated as an absolute offence with no real defence and it's up to each club to ensure every player they field is correctly cleared to play. They'll throw the book at us and they probably have to be seen to do so to be fair to the clubs that have suffered previously despite their protests.
I can't see a way around it without looking as if we are being unfair to other clubs.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Altrincham were deducted 18 points in 2006.

Robbie Painter beat me to it, Alty's 18 point deduction is the biggest I've ever seen for fielding an ineligible player. They were initially relegated from the Conference as a result of it but were then reprieved as Scarborough (who had been spared) were demoted to the Conference North for failing to get their finances in order if I recall rightly, a bizarre situation!

Also I remember Accrington Stanley were spared a points deduction in 2006/07 for a similar offence but were given a hefty fine. And of course the infamous Teves and Mascherano case at West Ham around the same time.

If the worse case scenario does happen it'd be massively frustrating and demoralising for everyone not least the players and management, however as has been said above it would not be necessarily ruinous. Unfortunately for me though, as awful as this is going to sound, the league has become an afterthought due to the situation with the ground.

As has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread there is a very real possibility of being relegated no matter what next season if we go up, which is unthinkable. It would totally undermine and undo all the hard work that has already been done from top to bottom in the last 3 years to get us where we are now.

Although for MG and the team it'll business as usual regardless of what is happening off the pitch, this next year or two could be the biggest challenge we've faced since 2012 however we have overcome some massive hurdles already, we'll just have to do it again.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
Its the club's responsibility to check, also the player fills in a form I believe. As this was only picked up once he joined Shildon then I'm assuming that the Shildon secretary was more thorough than ours which is very disappointing & probably very costly.
Shildon played him. They didn't pick up on it either. They have been spared a points deducted though as it is league discretion. There does seems be suggestions that NL have deducted points before but there may have been slightly different circumstances. The Northern Prem precedent and Conference was set by Marine and Altrincham. PremierLeague precedent was set by Sunderland case.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:The thing is, there really in no precedent for this, at least not that I can find anyway. Nearly every single ineligible player has been flagged after playing one game, the reason being is that as soon as the line-ups etc. are recorded and registered with the FA the error is picked up on. Somehow Bell managed to play 6 games and nobody picked up on the error. I don't think there is an example of a player consistently playing and nobody picking up on registration issues. Technically they should dock us 12 points, but I wonder if this has ever occurred before?
Altrincham were deducted 18 points in 2006.

Oh, we're screwed.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:58 pm

I can possibly understand why the club wish to do downplay this, but in my mind it's a big big problem - and I feel some kind announcement might of been in order.

This thread is the only info that appears to exist on the situation, and it's only written by us -- so how much of it is accurate? What's the club's viewpoint?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:06 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I can possibly understand why the club wish to do downplay this, but in my mind it's a big big problem - and I feel some kind announcement might of been in order.

This thread is the only info that appears to exist on the situation, and it's only written by us -- so how much of it is accurate? What's the club's viewpoint?
With a hearing pending I would think the club is right not to comment.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Anyone know when we will find out the league has decided?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

bga

Post by bga » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Am sure there will be an "opportunity" to raise this at the Club AGM this week?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:36 pm

darloforever wrote:A 12 point deduction !
Says who?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:53 pm

darloforever wrote:A 12 point deduction !
I get the smell of troll from this tosser.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Here's an interesting post dug up from nonleaguezone. I'm clinging to the hope that each and every case is different.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'vScott-BSAFC
Post subject: Re: Marine deducted 3 points and fined
Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

I speak to our General Manager often and he always checks on international clearance when we sign a player, regardless of if his previous club is English and even if the player himself says he doesn't require it. We have come across a few players who have been playing for other clubs in England without the necessary clearance. And often players don't even realise they require clearance. Some believe because they are English or have played for an English club before it's not required. You always check, regardless. Never take chances with things like! this, not ever. There's no excuse for not checking and you shouldn't rely on other clubs to do the checking for you. Just because they failed to do things properly, doesn't mean you can get away with it as well.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 am

So coming up 3 weeks since it came to light that we have been playing an ineligible player. Over a month since the White incident against Marine. The FA/League are in no rush are they?

Hopefully we get an idea on Wednesday at the Fans Forum.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Extracts from Altincham official website.

JUST WHOSE RULES ARE THEY?
The Manchester Evening News has an intriguing quote from "an FA spokesman" in Friday's edition. The spokesman says, "We are waiting to hear from Altrincham regarding any appeal. Once we do, we will schedule a hearing as soon as possible. We told Altrincham they hadn't a case to answer because they hadn't breached FIFA or FA regulations, which is why we initially charged Accrington. The Conference have their own rules".
But last Monday night, the Conference's John Moules told us on Radio 5 [in words re-quoted in the MEN] that "Unfortunately, the rules that we have to go by are those rules laid down by the FA. We have to follow them religiously". He explicitly indicated the rules applied to Altrincham were "not the Conference's own rules". Indeed, as this website has quoted more than once previously, the first sentence of the Conference "Rule 6, Players, Status of Players" quite explicitly states "The FA rules will apply in respect of all matters concerning players".

So, if the FA is now openly saying Alty does not have "a case to answer because they hadn't breached FIFA or FA regulations" and if the Conference rule book says "The FA rules will apply in respect of all matters concerning players", and if Mr Moules has confirmed on national radio that the Conference rules are not his own league's rules but the FA's, why are we finishing an otherwise successful season in which we have won the points to stay in this division in a state of trepidation at an 18 point deduction? Or, have I missed something in all this?

AFTERMATH
The NL Paper reports on the Altrincham points deduction and quotes chairman Geoff Goodwin. Geoff says, "We will go down to Conference North and we will carry on. It will be business as usual for us. If no one has any common sense when making decisions like this, I cannot do anything about it. The whole affair is ridiculous. I object to being made to look like a criminal. In three years I have pulled this club back from a £700,0000 deficit and, in five months' time all debts will have been cleared. We've proved we were good enough to play in the Conference. Changes must be made to the way players are registered. Why don't they insist on football passports each containing a list of player's clubs over the past two years? There is no point taking any further legal action because they've made their minds up". The article repeats the FA statement that "During the hearing the club dropped all grounds for appeal other than that the penalty imposed by the Conference was excessive". This is "economical with the truth" which was that the club was required to drop its other grounds for appeal because the FA ruled them out of order.
The NL Paper's leader article on the subject bemoans the time taken to sort out the Alty case and the resulting disruption to football; it does not, however, pass any judgement on the rights and wrongs of the FA and Conference's treatment of Altrincham, who have paid a very large price for another club's failings.

Tony Sheldon, a correspondent in the NL Paper writes, "The members of the FA appeals board approved the 'holier than thou' decision of the Conference alumni that Altrincham should be hung out to dry... The FA, at least, did what they believed to be right, which is not what you can say about some members on the boards of Tamworth, Forest Green and Southport... Southport didn't say a lot publicly but often the latent are more dangerous than the overt. Forest Green were happy to let the football world know 'where they were coming from', but to me the most unpleasant behaviour came from Tamworth... So the only relegation this season [after Canvey's resignation] will be Altrincham - decided by little men in darkened rooms".

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:23 pm

So - does anyone have any new info re this possible points deduction thing ?

When is the meeting scheduled for ?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:14 pm

No date has been set as far as I know, to learn our fate. We are just waiting to hear the outcome from the FA.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:No date has been set as far as I know, to learn our fate. We are just waiting to hear the outcome from the FA.
It's not the FA, it is the Evostik that will decide on the punishment.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Ok sorry.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 am

Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:53 pm

What's with all the full stop posts from theoriginalfatcat?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:What's with all the full stop posts from theoriginalfatcat?
I suspect he was trying to bump things above all the official news posts. Which will no longer be necessary...
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 pm

mikkyx wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:What's with all the full stop posts from theoriginalfatcat?
I suspect he was trying to bump things above all the official news posts. Which will no longer be necessary...

Yes, sorry bout that! In a fit of pique I moved 6 posts.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!