To nights games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

To nights games

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Sutton Coldfield Fc ‏@SCTFC · 26m26 minutes ago
Half Time: @StourbridgeFC 2-0 @SCTFC

Down to 10 men too
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

darlo reborn

Re: To nights games

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Sutton Coldfield down to 10 be tough game Saturday Stourbridge going well at the momment

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:31 am

Either a draw or a win to Stourbridge was the best outcome for us, I reckon. Rather a Stourbridge win than see Sutton go 3 points ahead.

We were going to end up in 3rd whatever the outcome last night but it's good to see the teams below us tripping each other up.

A win tonight would take us back to the top but Ashton have a pretty good defensive record though not that much different to Mickleover's before we put 5 past them, so fingers crossed.

I've got us down to get beat in the Come on Darlo Prediction League... but I did on Saturday too, and look what happened there :D

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 am

Stourbridge will be very difficult game. Think they have Karl Hawley and Justin Richards up front, two very experienced ex League strikers. Without Hunter and White, it will be a real test for us defensively.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:39 pm

I think we need to take the game to them,playing higher up attacking their defence from the off, I think Watson should come into the team his pace is needed tonight.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:01 pm

onewayup wrote:I think we need to take the game to them,playing higher up attacking their defence from the off, I think Watson should come into the team his pace is needed tonight.
In terms of tonight who would you drop for Watson?

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Agree with onewayup on this...Watson has he ability to get up and down faster than Galbraith...However, I would put Galbraith in centre midfield in place of Scott who (in my opinion) lacks in movement and pace..

divas

Post by divas » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Yes, he was clearly lacking on Saturday.

Anyone who wants to change that team for tonight is mad.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:46 pm

divas wrote:Yes, he was clearly lacking on Saturday.

Agreed, I like Watson as a player but you would think he was Messi the way some talk about him.

Time to face it, Gray likes big tall fullbacks and Galbraith fits this bill more than Watson. Galbraith is a little more physical and with small wingers (Mitchell/Thompson) CM (Portas) and ST (Cartman) is favoured for his height in the team also. That's not to mention his goalscoring presence and assists.

Watson however wants to play every week and barring injuries this probably isn't going to happen, so Watson wants to move on.

stayhigh13

Post by stayhigh13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:12 pm

divas wrote:Yes, he was clearly lacking on Saturday.

This x100. Galbraith can't do any good at the moment in the eyes of some it seems.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

stayhigh13

Post by stayhigh13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:38 pm

I think the Watson/Galbraith debate has rumbled on far too long and is also pointless as the former has asked to leave.

Despite that and maybe hypocritically - Would like to to add that Galbraith not being able to defend is a myth and that Watson is not the better of the two with regards to achieving a more solid back four. I think positionally neither of the two are faultless. Watson slightly shades it in maybe one v one situations when isolated against a quick winger. But in terms of dealing with diags as well as headers and clearances at the back post & corners Tez is better mainly due to his added presence.Galbraith is a better crosser of the ball and obviously his set piece capabilities are the best at the club.

I like watson - he's a good footballer, a honest lad and has a decent haircut. However, i find it very strange how he has accumulated cult hero status and how often his abilities as a player are advocated by fans, often at the expense of Galbraith. Tez has been with us since very nearly the beginning of our journey since reformation and has conducted himself impeccably and played consistently well. Think people should consider all factors when publicly favouring a player (twitter) as opposed to just the fact that Watson comes across as nice bloke and that he looks about the right size and build to be a full back.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Watson has not made the trip so all pretty immaterial

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 am

stayhigh13 wrote:I think the Watson/Galbraith debate has rumbled on far too long and is also pointless as the former has asked to leave.

Despite that and maybe hypocritically - Would like to to add that Galbraith not being able to defend is a myth and that Watson is not the better of the two with regards to achieving a more solid back four. I think positionally neither of the two are faultless. Watson slightly shades it in maybe one v one situations when isolated against a quick winger. But in terms of dealing with diags as well as headers and clearances at the back post & corners Tez is better mainly due to his added presence.Galbraith is a better crosser of the ball and obviously his set piece capabilities are the best at the club.

I like watson - he's a good footballer, a honest lad and has a decent haircut. However, i find it very strange how he has accumulated cult hero status and how often his abilities as a player are advocated by fans, often at the expense of Galbraith. Tez has been with us since very nearly the beginning of our journey since reformation and has conducted himself impeccably and played consistently well. Think people should consider all factors when publicly favouring a player (twitter) as opposed to just the fact that Watson comes across as nice bloke and that he looks about the right size and build to be a full back.

Great post. :thumbup: