Yet more news re DFC Official news

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Yet more news re DFC Official news

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Here are some more news stories that are coming up shortly ---

** How we plan to entirely block up the independently run Uncovered message board with our own agenda, turning it into little more than advertising page for the official site. Read more....click here.

** Martin Gray plans on buying a new kettle. Probably one of those shiny black ones with a diamond pattern built in. Read more...click here.

** Under 7's training session start time to be moved forward by 5 minutes. Please don't be late. Read more...click here.

** Brian Atkinson says he enjoys sitting in the dug outs a little bit more than he did at this time last year. Read more...click here.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Re: Yet more news re DFC Official news

Post by Quakers1883 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Links don't work! :P
FORZA DARLO

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:35 pm

I used to click on all the links, now I don't bother unless it seems important. I think the intention was to get a lot more visits to the official site, but these multiple posts will almost certainly have the opposite effect. They could have put all the reports on youth games, on just one post.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Where's he getting this kettle?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:18 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I used to click on all the links, now I don't bother unless it seems important. I think the intention was to get a lot more visits to the official site, but these multiple posts will almost certainly have the opposite effect. They could have put all the reports on youth games, on just one post.
Who is they?

This isn't a person doing this it is automatically generated. There would need to be a rule in place that a computer can follow to decide whether to post the article or not - if the article has 'under ##' in it post to an existing thread.

Mikky maybe time for a vote?

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:07 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Here are some more news stories that are coming up shortly ---

** How we plan to entirely block up the independently run Uncovered message board with our own agenda, turning it into little more than advertising page for the official site. Read more....click here.

** Martin Gray plans on buying a new kettle. Probably one of those shiny black ones with a diamond pattern built in. Read more...click here.

** Under 7's training session start time to be moved forward by 5 minutes. Please don't be late. Read more...click here.

** Brian Atkinson says he enjoys sitting in the dug outs a little bit more than he did at this time last year. Read more...click here.
Pathetic. Was it not the mods on the independent forum that automated the links? Are "we" not us? I thought the fans were the club now, or is that not the case for you? Maybe we need to face facts - Uncovered was a hive of activity, and at it's best when we were at odds with the club and it's owners, or in times of jeopardy when we needed fans rallied to the cause. When things are going well, there's less to moan about, or get het up about, hence the reduced number of posts. Removing the official links won't increase "independent" threads, you'll just be able to notice quicker how few there are.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:02 am

Makka Pakka wrote:Where's he getting this kettle?

From the Wildlife Trust. It's a Water Otter. :roll:

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Here are some more news stories that are coming up shortly ---

Pathetic. Was it not the mods on the independent forum that automated the links? Are "we" not us? I thought the fans were the club now, or is that not the case for you? Maybe we need to face facts - Uncovered was a hive of activity, and at it's best when we were at odds with the club and it's owners, or in times of jeopardy when we needed fans rallied to the cause. When things are going well, there's less to moan about, or get het up about, hence the reduced number of posts. Removing the official links won't increase "independent" threads, you'll just be able to notice quicker how few there are.
You make a very interesting point, in the bad old days of the club acting as a Chairman's whim and folly then it was an us and them situation but now we are a Fan owned club then yes it should be "us", this is something that takes a while to adjust to for some and not for others.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:34 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Pathetic. Was it not the mods on the independent forum that automated the links? Are "we" not us? I thought the fans were the club now, or is that not the case for you? Maybe we need to face facts - Uncovered was a hive of activity, and at it's best when we were at odds with the club and it's owners, or in times of jeopardy when we needed fans rallied to the cause. When things are going well, there's less to moan about, or get het up about, hence the reduced number of posts. Removing the official links won't increase "independent" threads, you'll just be able to notice quicker how few there are.
Without getting into a long convoluted argument - I stand by what I wrote above.

We/they/us/fans/club, that's not the point. The point is, if I want to look at the official site I will do, so consequently I don't want it all moving on to here - the multiple posts by a robot are spoiling the look of this board, take a look at the thread that Bushead started for a few reasons.

And as for "Removing the official links won't increase "independent" threads, you'll just be able to notice quicker how few there are" I never wrote or implied this!!

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Seems you can't please all of the fans all of the time,
Some you win, some you don't,
Not so very long ago there was lots of poster,s screaming for more information,now it's there in abundance posters complaint, if you don't want to read them scroll past them simple.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:27 pm

The ironic thing is I can't actually find links to the highlights on here anymore - something that I do want to see!!

I can obviously grab them off Twitter but not everyone uses Twitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:41 pm

They rather ironically don't put a link on the match highlights, just on everything else!!

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:50 pm

I'll hold my hand up to that one. I normally do an article after I post the extended highlights and put both the video links in there. However I left the video to upload while I was out Sunday and launched it remotely by logging onto my computer via my phone while out. It totally slipped my mind to do the story when I got back in. Sorry.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 pm

TFDM wrote:I'll hold my hand up to that one. I normally do an article after I post the extended highlights and put both the video links in there. However I left the video to upload while I was out Sunday and launched it remotely by logging onto my computer via my phone while out. It totally slipped my mind to do the story when I got back in. Sorry.
Ha'way Kev ;) ;) :lol:

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:56 pm

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but just try pleasing Darlo fans. Herculean task for anyone.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:58 pm

Darlo_Pete in snide, repetitive comment shock...you are just a deliberate pest aren't you?

You are the kind of bloke who would buy a second hand VW now and then complain about the emissions scandal.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Can he play centre back, left back or right back?

Hopefully one that doesn't blow off too much steam with officials.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:52 pm

TFDM wrote:I'll hold my hand up to that one. I normally do an article after I post the extended highlights and put both the video links in there. However I left the video to upload while I was out Sunday and launched it remotely by logging onto my computer via my phone while out. It totally slipped my mind to do the story when I got back in. Sorry.
Hero

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
Can he play centre back, left back or right back?

Hopefully one that doesn't blow off too much steam with officials.

Thought Kettle was a Referee? :roll: