Darlo_Swede

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo_Swede

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:12 am

Yes Andreas was very disappointed he didn't get to see Darlo play. So I took him up to watch Newcastle v Leicester. Later on he said that he'd rather have been stood on the terraces watching Darlo, than watching Newcastle play. Anyway it was good to see an Ex-Darlo player playing at St. James Park, not that he had much to do!!

Yesterday wasn't the first time he's been over and a game has been postponed. He came over for a League Two game against Notts County that was called off at the Arena.

number_one

Post by number_one » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yes Andreas was very disappointed he didn't get to see Darlo play. So I took him up to watch Newcastle v Leicester. Later on he said that he'd rather have been stood on the terraces watching Darlo, than watching Newcastle play. Anyway it was good to see an Ex-Darlo player playing at St. James Park, not that he had much to do!!

Yesterday wasn't the first time he's been over and a game has been postponed. He came over for a League Two game against Notts County that was called off at the Arena.
I hope the Echo are reading this. it's a great story, love the link to it not being the first postponement. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yes Andreas was very disappointed he didn't get to see Darlo play. So I took him up to watch Newcastle v Leicester. Later on he said that he'd rather have been stood on the terraces watching Darlo, than watching Newcastle play. Anyway it was good to see an Ex-Darlo player playing at St. James Park, not that he had much to do!!

Maybe I should get in touch with the Echo as I did things with people I know on Saturday too, I'm sure they'll make great stories, especially because I was involved.

Unfortunately those dicks at the Echo have never been interested in my life, but I don't know why, it would make a great story.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:56 pm

I went to Grimsby yesterday if anyone is interested. Maybe the Echo will cover that.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:58 pm

I was at quadrophenia night at Liverpool academy, dancing til 1 am. Photos on request.

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm

I was at the Letzigrund in Zurich wachting Darlo legend Franz Burgmeier playing for Vaduz against Grasshoppers (Franz was subbed at half time with the score 0-0, but Vaduz lost 2-0 after he went off, leaving them bottom of the table after FC Zurich won today).
I was also there two weeks ago when Franz came on for the last ten minutes of a 2-2 draw with FC Zurich - at game at which I was introduced to Franz parents who were watching the game in the away end. Surely the Echo would be interested in that?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:34 pm

That's slightly more interesting than Pete's mate not watching Darlo. Again.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:50 pm

AndyPark wrote:I went to Grimsby yesterday if anyone is interested. Maybe the Echo will cover that.

Only if you fell over again Andy :lol:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Darlo_Pete - just a thought, but why doesn't Darlo Swede plan his visits at the start or end of our season? less likely to get a postponement?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 am

He came over for his 40th birthday in September, he had to book it before the fixture list came out and that week was one of the few that didn't have a midweek fixture. So he isn't having much luck at the moment. Fortunately it hasn't put him off of his love of Darlo.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 am

I was busy decorating on Saturday as I have been for the last month, I don't suppose anyone's interested in my life either :/

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 am

charlie wrote:I was busy decorating on Saturday as I have been for the last month, I don't suppose anyone's interested in my life either :/

Well that's where you're wrong, decorating (and painting) has a very high level of interest on this site. FACT.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:40 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
charlie wrote:I was busy decorating on Saturday as I have been for the last month, I don't suppose anyone's interested in my life either :/

Well that's where you're wrong, decorating (and painting) has a very high level of interest on this site. FACT.

In that case I'm nearly finished, ready for carpets then I can finally move in

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:35 am

charlie wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

In that case I'm nearly finished, ready for carpets then I can finally move in
Housewarming Party? :roll:

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Fingers crossed for Stamford & Hyde away on my next visit home from Norway, as Salford at home has been rearranged.

So far I have had 1 home game out of 3 planned for on my visits this season, so not much use of the 5 year season tickets.

The 1 home game seen was the defeat to Marine, but I enjoyed the romp soon after at Mickleover.

Once we get a ground, we may want to fund raise for some covers.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Given the weather recently, we need to invest in a pump rather than covers.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:22 am

Think we already have some covers. I get the impression there is more to it ran just bung them on if it is forecast rain though.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:31 am

A bloke at work reckons his de-humidifier is so powerful he has to inform Northumbrian water when he's using it because it sucks all the water out of the pipes in the street. I'll ask him what model it is next time I see him.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:59 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:A bloke at work reckons his de-humidifier is so powerful he has to inform Northumbrian water when he's using it because it sucks all the water out of the pipes in the street. I'll ask him what model it is next time I see him.
I bet he says that to all the ladies.