Darlo_Swede

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo_Swede

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:47 pm

I was very pleased to hear today, that one of our most distant fans has booked a trip over to see us play next month. This will be his first time he has seen us play since our Conference days. He'll be bringing along his Darlo_Swede flag as well. It's a pity that the Northern Echo has never taken an interest in his story. Back home in Sweden a lot of people in his town know he supports Darlo, as the papers there have printed his story.

darlo reborn

Re: Darlo_Swede

Post by darlo reborn » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Let`s hope he`s a lucky omen not like a lad I took last Saturday was blaming him for defeat lol!!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was very pleased to hear today, that one of our most distant fans has booked a trip over to see us play next month. This will be his first time he has seen us play since our Conference days. He'll be bringing along his Darlo_Swede flag as well. It's a pity that the Northern Echo has never taken an interest in his story. Back home in Sweden a lot of people in his town know he supports Darlo, as the papers there have printed his story.
I'm sure if The Northern Echo were contacted then a little piece will be written up...

Contact Dave Mills at the club and I am sure he'll be happy to arrange something.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Is he still the Mayor of his town,Pete ?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Sussex07 wrote:Is he still the Mayor of his town,Pete ?
Yep he's still mayor for Koping, he's hopes to become an MP soon for the ruling party. At least we'd then have one MP routing for the club. :D

Mrs Money_Penny

Post by Mrs Money_Penny » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:17 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Yep he's still mayor for Koping, he's hopes to become an MP soon for the ruling party. At least we'd then have one MP routing for the club. :D
There was a photo and article about him in a programme recently so why don't YOU contact the Echo rather than posting on here? I believe we have an MP routing for the club already so not sure why you don't.

Bogratsteve

Darlo_Swede

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:42 am

Mrs Money_Penny wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
There was a photo and article about him in a programme recently so why don't YOU contact the Echo rather than posting on here? I believe we have an MP routing for the club already so not sure why you don't.
Why do YOU need to be so aggressive when YOU post on uncovered?

See we can all SHOUT, clever ain't it

bga

Post by bga » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:22 am

Although this thread is about her totally agree about the support Jenny Chapman provides to help us get back to Darlo.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Mrs Money_Penny wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mrs Money Penny does have a point, if you think it's news worthy contact the Echo, they don't know about stuff sometimes unless someone takes the time to tell them x

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Mrs Money_Penny wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Why do YOU need to be so aggressive when YOU post on uncovered?

See we can all SHOUT, clever ain't it
Think Money Penny has a point to be honest.

Andrew Wilkinson

Post by Andrew Wilkinson » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Nobody should have to tell the Echo. They should read this board and the club programme.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Andrew Wilkinson wrote:Nobody should have to tell the Echo. They should read this board and the club programme.
Exactly. I've approached the Echo on a few occasions about this and they've not shown any interest, to what would be a very good story. I thought either someone from the club who might have a contact with the Echo or someone from the Echo would have picked up on this.
Mrs. Money Penny I do find your message not very nice. Chapman clearly is not a Darlo fan, as far as I know she never comes to home games. Andreas(Darlo_Swede) is a genuine fan who loves the club.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Andrew Wilkinson wrote:Nobody should have to tell the Echo. They should read this board and the club programme.
Exactly. I've approached the Echo on a few occasions about this and they've not shown any interest, to what would be a very good story. I thought either someone from the club who might have a contact with the Echo or someone from the Echo would have picked up on this.
Mrs. Money Penny I do find your message not very nice. Chapman clearly is not a Darlo fan, as far as I know she never comes to home games. Andreas(Darlo_Swede) is a genuine fan who loves the club.
She doesn't have to be a fan or come to home games, she just has to realise the benefits of having a successful football club representing Darlington and do what she can to promote progress in returning to Darlo. And she does that.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Exactly. I've approached the Echo on a few occasions about this and they've not shown any interest, to what would be a very good story.
It's a s*** story. Outside of your own mind, no one cares. Why do we have to have such a big fanfare every five years when he decides to show his face?
Darlo_Pete wrote:Mrs. Money Penny I do find your message not very nice. Chapman clearly is not a Darlo fan, as far as I know she never comes to home games. Andreas(Darlo_Swede) is a genuine fan who loves the club.
The idea that you can cry off about Mrs MoneyPenny's post and then launch a character assassination on Jenny Chapman for not being a die-hard fan is unbelievable hypocrisy.

Sometimes you're just a deliberate pillock, but on this occasion you are out of order. Frankly, you are the one who's being nasty and totally unreasonable. Your criticism of Chapman is both unprovoked and unjustifiable.

Jenny Chapman doesn't have to own a season ticket. She clearly does have the interests of the club at heart, as she's been involved in negotiations with both DFC and the rugby club.

Chapman, as the town's MP, has been a supporter of having the team back in the town and recognises how vital it is for this to happen. She's done more for the club than most of her predecessors.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Someone from the club?

Sums it all up really

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:52 am

It'd be a good idea we had a welcoming committee for far flung fans who want to come and see their team.

As a foreigner in the country where I live I know how tough it is to go to somewhere off the beaten track on your own - having someone waiting for you at the other end to look after you and show you around (like Pete and his Swedish mate) is a huge help.

When our Italian fan Alberto announced he was planning on coming to a game a couple of years ago he got a load of s***, basically, from people who were suggesting that he was looking for some sort of financial helping hand with his trip. I think that changed his mind about the trip, and maybe curbed his enthusiasm for the club too.

Going out of our way a little bit to look after fans like Alberto and Andreas is a great PR opportunity. Other cases (what other clubs have done for people) were cited in the thread I linked to above - it'd be fantastic if Darlo became known as one of the best clubs for reaching out like that.

Even a nicely drafted letter of invitation from the club thanking them for their support and saying that we will afford him whatever assistance is needed to ensure that his trip is a successful and memorable one would be good, e.g. a list of hotels, restaurants, places to visit, how to get to the ground.

It wouldn't cost much to arrange a signed matchday programme or something on the day, a tannoy announcement, and maybe a little goodie bag from the club shop - fridge magnet/key-ring/coffee mug coaster, etc.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:37 am

There are loads of far distant exiled fans, like myself, who make an effort to see Darlo, but only once in a while, as it is costly and has to fit in with family and work commitments.

There are many Darlo supporters in the NE who only show up, if at all, for Glory games.

Any "good news" story about Darlo fans should be publicised and welcomed, especially now that the club is officially back in the black.

The impressive exploits on the field have been accompanied with a massive commercial achievement, which should also get publicised.

Considering there is also £300K, or so, in the B2D kitty a pat on the back is needed for all involved.

If some Darlo supporters are bored with good news they could try following Poolie.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 am

For what it's worth I think it's brilliant when I hear of our fans who still listen in and support the club from around the world. It's good that it's created some friendships and if they're able to get over once in a while then that's great too. I know for sure that the club would be very welcoming if they are contacted in the correct way.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was very pleased to hear today, that one of our most distant fans has booked a trip over to see us play next month. This will be his first time he has seen us play since our Conference days. He'll be bringing along his Darlo_Swede flag as well. It's a pity that the Northern Echo has never taken an interest in his story. Back home in Sweden a lot of people in his town know he supports Darlo, as the papers there have printed his story.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Another pointless post from Pete

Sat ont shitter

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Exactly. I've approached the Echo on a few occasions about this and they've not shown any interest, to what would be a very good story.
And the conclusion to this should be...

:?:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Cheers Paul, Neil and M62. At least some of us care.

number_one

Post by number_one » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Didn't you rock up at this bloke's house and cop a free holiday out of him?

I also remember the other exiled fan you courted, from Greece, that turned out well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:36 pm

number_one wrote:Didn't you rock up at this bloke's house and cop a free holiday out of him?

I also remember the other exiled fan you courted, from Greece, that turned out well.
Yes I've been to Andreas for a holiday and Andreas has been to mine as well. I'm planning on visiting him again next year, after this years visit to him had to be cancelled at the last moment, due to a family bereavement.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:07 am

Andreas arrives on Friday and will be at the game on Saturday. Let's hope the weather plays ball and the game goes ahead. We'll be stood near to his Darlo Swede, Swedish flag.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:59 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Andreas arrives on Friday and will be at the game on Saturday. Let's hope the weather plays ball and the game goes ahead. We'll be stood near to his Darlo Swede, Swedish flag.
Great stuff,Pete.. :clap: Anything been sorted on the Swedish national anthem being played ?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Frickin' hell, you'd think he was Swedish royalty or something.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:46 am

I do hope Andreas isn't too disappointed about not having to freeze his backside off while stood next to Darlo_Pete this afternoon.

And in reference to an earlier point in the thread:
Darlo_Pete wrote:It's a pity that the Northern Echo has never taken an interest in his story.
here's the Northern Echo from a few years back showing no interest whatsoever in the story: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... s/?ref=rss
Darlo_Pete wrote: I've approached the Echo on a few occasions about this and they've not shown any interest
:think:
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Hope someone takes this lad out for a pint or two to make up for the disappointment.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Well now he won't have to!